Mindfulness and self-esteem eight-week course
Date & Time:3rd October - 28th November 2016, 7.30pm - 9pm
Cost:£148 for 8 weeks including manual and recordings
Location:Nuffield Health Club
Stoop Memorial Ground, Stoop Stadium Langhorn Drive
- Find an event in your area
Often in life we run on ‘automatic’, never really stopping to ask ourselves who we are becoming or what we really want in our lives ; things just become habitual from the smallest to the biggest. In order to become ‘mindful’ in our lives, for our own benefit, as well as others, we need to stop being ‘mindless’.
Mindfulness can be described as knowing what is happening, while it’s happening, without preference.
Hundreds of studies, including MRI scans, have shown that Mindfulness can:
- Increase Positive mood, Physical & Psychological health
- Provide a sense of Autonomy and Resilience
- Reduce Depression and relapses
- Help create an inner peace and sense of well-being.
Because Mindfulness has so many benefits for everyone it is now being prescribed by Doctors and is being taught in primary schools, as well as in Parliaments, Businesses and Corporations.
In this 8 week course you will:
- Find how Mindfulness helps every aspect of our lives.
- Familiarise yourself with habitual mental habits and emotions, and learn how not to be run by them.
- Learn what Meditation is and is not.
- Practice ‘being’ and staying in the moment.
- Learn how to increase your Self-Worth.
- Discover and practice techniques for difficult issues.
Format / Payment
- 8 week course, each session lasts 90 minutes.
- Transcript sent each week by email, and as a whole manual on completion.
- Recording of guided meditations available to download.
- Normal price £148 – Early Bird Price £128
- Full payment required in advance, either by UK Cheque, Cash, PayMobile, BACS/Electronic Transfer, Paypal (for Credit Cards & Foreign Currencies, fee around 3.5% will be added).
- Monday 3rd October 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Monday 10th October 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Monday 17th October 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Monday 24th October 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
There will be no session on Monday 31st October 2016
- Monday 7th November 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Monday 14th November 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Monday 21st November 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Monday 28th November 2016 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
If you can’t make these dates please register your interest in future courses by contacting Denise
About the host
Denise Bosque is a mindfulness practitioner and a member of the Mindfulness Association. She’s also a personal development coach and therapist.
I had come to a cross-roads in my life and had to decide between leaving a well paid job and setting up...
I was going through a tough break up when I first saw my life coach. My boyfriend ended our relationship...
I had become depressed and bored of my life, and as I'm a solution-focused person I decided to do...
We speak to positive psychology coach Tina Campbell to...
Be prepared for your next interview with these...
September marks the start of the school year for kids,...