Sabine Leitner - Philosophical Life Coaching
Sometimes we just need to talk to someone about our circumstances in order to make sense of them. Philosophy and the wisdom traditions of East and West are a great map to help navigate human experience.
We all carry the answers we seek within. But in order to arrive at the right answers, we need to be able to ask the right questions. The combination of more than 20 years of studying and teaching philosophy in the classical tradition and my training in Psychosynthesis Psychology have proved a very fruitful combination to help with asking the right questions and to create the safe, confidential and empathic environment that allows our innermost questions to emerge.
I was born in Austria and have lived in London since 1996. In my spare time I run the New Acropolis School of Philosophy in the Classical Tradition (www.newacropolisuk.org).
I offer coaching in:
- Making sense of circumstances and experiences
- Examining one’s philosophy of life and in that context
- Exploring mindsets
- Exploring purpose and clarifying values
- Sense of identity, who am I?
- Developing strength and inner freedom
- Finding the right attitude to conflict, difficulties and problems
- Developing emotional wisdom
- Solving moral dilemmas
- Wise decision-making
- Developing strength and inner freedom
I only offer face-to-face sessions. Sessions can be booked for either 1 hour or 1.5 hours, depending on preference and availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Life Coaching – Institute of Psychosynthesis (London)
- MA in Music (Graz, Austria)
- MA in Philosophy (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Member of the Association of Coaching, which overlooks the ethical framework for good practice
- More than 20 years of experience of teaching
- More than 20 years of experience of assisting people from all walks of life and from many different cultures with their personal development
Areas of coaching I deal with
£80 per session in Central London and The City (coming to a place of your choice), and £70 in N1 (1 minute from Highbury & Islington tube station).
Reductions for in advance payments, block-bookings and returning clients.
The number of sessions depends on circumstances and requirements but I usually work with clients in sets of 6 sessions of 1 hour or 1.5 hours.
Useful quotes for philosophical life coaching
- “Vain is the word of a philosopher which does not heal any suffering of man. For just as there is no profit in medicine if it does not expel the disease of the body, so there is no profit in philosophy either, it if does not expel the suffering of the mind.” Epicurus
- “Having understood how human lives are diseased, a philosopher worthy of the name – like a doctor worthy of that name – will proceed to try to cure them. The whole point of medical research is cure. So, too, the whole point of philosophy is human flourishing.” Martha Nussbaum
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “All phenomena of existence have mind as their precursor, mind as their supreme leader, and of mind are they made. If with a pure mind one speaks or acts, happiness follows him like his shadow that never leaves him.” Gautama Buddha
- “The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes.” William James
- “The important thing is to not stop questioning.” Albert Einstein
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” Marcus Aurelius
- “Nobody, as long as he moves about among the currents of life, is without trouble.” Carl Jung
- “People are not disturbed by things, but by the views which they take of things.” Epictetus
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Very little availability in the evenings but flexible during the day and also on weekends.