Who am I?
I am a qualified, experienced coach. Coaching is a proven, highly effective approach to personal development. I use coaching to get to the heart of things, helping you to uncover what is holding you back or getting in the way of what you want to achieve.
In a nutshell, I offer my support for you to make a difference and feel great
What I love more than anything is experiencing with my clients those moments of revelation which lead to breakthrough change.
There’s some more about me below
Who are you?
You will probably tick one or more of the following boxes.
· You have achieved a lot and you are proud of where you have got to
· You are ambitious and want to get more out of your life
· You are honest with yourself. You take responsibility for your own growth
· You sometimes lack confidence and can be hard on yourself
· You want to make a change but you can’t always see a clear path or there may be obstacles in your way
· You are willing to be curious, open, flexible and commit to a journey of exploration to get to where you want to be
· You will set the agenda for our coaching
· You want to make a difference
· You want to feel great
My promise to you
When we decide to work together,
· My only focus is you.
· I will commit absolutely to serving you to help you get to where you want to be.
· I will listen to you like no one else ever listens to you
· I will ask the questions no one else ever asks you
· I will enable you to say the things you can’t say to anyone else
· I will create a safe space where you can explore, practice and try out new thoughts and ideas
· You have your own wisdom; I help you find it
What Coaching with me is like
· We meet together in person, on-line or on the phone - whatever works best
· We’ll agree what you want to achieve from the coaching and what goals you have.
· You will mainly talk and I will mainly listen.
· I will ask you some questions and encourage you to explore some things more deeply
· There will be some times when we are both quiet: this is often when the best thinking happens
· We may take a winding road but we will regularly check-in to ensure that we are still heading in the right direction
· In my experience, the goals you have at the start will probably change as we go along; the important things will emerge as we explore more
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Experience
· ILM Diploma in Coaching
· Warwick University Diploma in Coaching
· Member of the Association of Coaching
· I have been coaching for a number of years both in and out of the workplace.
· I have coached a range of people from trainee to director level and in all walks of life.
· I have a particular interest in professionals looking to achieve more from their life.
Areas of coaching I deal with
What are the first steps
· When you contact me I will arrange a phone call to explore what you are looking for from coaching.
· I will then send an information pack including my contract
· I will then arrange a coaching session with you. It is important that you have a genuine experience of what coaching with me is like before you commit to a programme.
All of the above is free of charge.
· If we then decide to work together I will invite you to sign up for a six-month coaching programme.
· Your investment for this programme is £579.
· For this you will receive on average two hours coaching per month. This could be in two short or one long session, or a mixture of the two.
· There is flexibility to arrange the number of sessions around your other commitments.
· During the six months I am also available for contact by phone or email between sessions
Some more about me
I live in Rugby with my very talented artist wife, Penny, my two teenage children and our Border Terrier.
Amongst other things in my past, I have been responsible for the safe navigation of a super-tanker; I have successfully earned a living selling peanuts to tourists on Carnac Plage in Brittany, and I have managed a café in Bradford.
After graduating from York University, I pursued a career in Human Resources.
I worked firstly for two large multinational companies employing thousands of people and then for a medium-sized manufacturing company, offering world-class levels of service and technology in a highly competitive market. I spent 17 years as a Board Director.
I have used coaching skills throughout my career, supporting senior leaders and enthusiastic, talented people in their journey to high achievement, career fulfilment and joy.
I am a director of a Community Interest Company in Rugby running a community project aiming to reduce loneliness and social isolation.