The Therapy Rooms Pembrokeshire
59 Pembroke Road
01437 762068 / 07943832836
You eagerly seek change in some area or areas of your life, but struggle to make that change happen. Whatever it is – lose weight, exercise more regularly, change careers, get more sleep, or quit smoking - it has been on your mind for a while. Wait. Let’s rephrase that: A REALLY LONG WHILE.
But struggle to ACTUALLY make that change LAST. Maybe you’ve started on your journey full of enthusiasm and energy, but that energy always seem to run out and that urgency that was once there seems to have gone. Consequently you give in and give up. You seem to run back to the same old, comfortable and safe routines. You tell yourself before “better luck tomorrow”, but tomorrow never comes or the whole cycle repeats itself again. Sigh.
That's OK. You're not superman, you know.
Whatever your current situation is, at least you know you want to move forward. You want to get from A to B. From your current self to your future you. It doesn't matter what that A or B might be for you and whether you want to be there in a week, a year, of maybe even 5 years from now. You know it. It's your story. Everybody can grow and has the potential to become something better, regardless of their point of departure. You showing up here shows that you’re haven't given up and you're willing to get out of this situation. Fair play for that. Give yourself a small pat on the back. Life isn't always easy and the path forward definitely isn't always clear and straightforward. Heck no! Sometimes it's a right mess and it's quite tricky to know what to do next.
- indecisive and unsure where to go next? Maybe you’ve lost your sparkle and want to feel excited again. But where the heck should you start and is this something you're really sure about?
- Feeling regret because you're not the person you want to be? You know you can do better that this.
- Holding yourself back? Because of the lousy stories you keep telling and repeating to yourself. Stories you know aren't real. Stories you know you shouldn't believe in but can't help but accept.
- Feeling stressed?
WHY CHOOSE THIS "HABIT COACH"?
What makes me stand out to most other coaches basically boils down to three things. First, besides being a certified life coach I'm also an NLP Practitioner. Second, I've got academic baggage (a MSc in Consumer Studies) but purposely do by best to remain down to earth and practical. That's why - thirdly - I practice what I preach an do not work from an ivory tower. My passion about coaching, helping out other people to make a change also extends to my other roles as a behavioural therapist and as an outdoor pursuit instructor 'nudging' people to take a leap of faith from the scenic cliffs in Pembrokeshire. This implies that I apply behavioural change in 3 different but very complimentary roles. In addition, my coaching style can be characterised as:
In addition, my coaching style can be characterised as:
Most people know what they need to do, but often have difficulty actually making it happen. Here lies the crux of the matter. My coaching style is focused on getting ACTIONABLE results, which need to be applicable to your personal life. Exercises that are simple and practical, yet realistic and effective to get and KEEP your momentum going.
Although my methods are all backed-up by social science (Yay science!) I try to keep my style PLAYFUL and FUN. The trick is not so much to get you started, but keep you going. Here's when the FUN plays a important role, to keep chasing your goals exciting and make sure your motivation and energy levels remain high.
As you’ve personally experienced, changing your behaviour is hard but not impossible. You’re up for A CHALLENGE. You are prepared to step outside your comfort zone and try on a new venture. Ready to grow and learn.
The difference to all those books you’ve read, self-help gurus you follow, automated email campaigns you're currently subscribed to, or shiny PDF’s that still remain unopened in your inbox is there’s NO REAL ACCOUNTABILITY in place. That's why you haven't followed up. It's a sink or swim method. My approach is quite the opposite, call it sink and be rescued if you like, accountability is a cornerstone. You're not doing it alone, you have an ally.
COACHING SESSIONS. WHAT TO EXPECT?
First and foremost, I want to make it clear to you that every session is tailored to the individual. No session is the same because everybody’s stories and problems are unique if that makes sense. That said, I can give you a general outline. The way I coach is structured around 60 minutes coaching sessions. I’ll start by getting to know your story and your struggle. I’ll make sure I understand, clarify, ask questions and challenge you when needed. This is necessary so that we can figure out exactly where your problem lies and what deserves attention first. Various NLP and coaching techniques can be introduced throughout the session to get to the core of your problem quicker, but that all depends your story and what works best for you.
During the session we'll break things down to eventually come to a specific and actionable solution for you to follow up. Sometimes that includes a bit of homework. You should come away from the conversation inspired, empowered, and equipped with the necessary mindset and tools to be better and to better.
Our face-to-face coaching sessions take place in a professional and safe environment at The Therapy Rooms Pembrokeshire. The address is: Ferry Lane, Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, SA71 4RE. Parking is available at the front of the clinic.
- "Initially, I didn’t know what to do with my career. Nick helped me to look within myself and to search for the answers. He was like the critical sounding board I was exactly looking for. Already after two sessions I took my first big steps to chase my ambition. One of these actions was to enroll into an interior design course, something I always aspired to do! Apparently, a little nudge can really make a difference. Overall, Nick is a pleasant guy to talk to and really thinks along to help you find your way out, it worked for me!" - Richelle
- "I was skeptical at first as not my cup of tea, but Nick put me at ease. Looking back on it, it was an enjoyable experience. It really helped put future opportunities in clear obtainable goals. Excellent." - Louise (
- "This experience has been a beneficial one, and has guided me in the right direction for positive outcomes. Nick was a friendly and helpful coach that put me at ease and made the experience a lot more enjoyable & less daunting." - Simon
If you feel that I am the right person for you to work with, then do get in touch and we can have a chat about it. I’m curious to hear story and how we could work together. Give me a call or drop me an email. I look forward working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional development and understanding the theory behind practical usage is very important to me. Therefore, I have the following qualifications:
- Qualified Life Coach with ILM
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Active as a Behaviour Technician (at Skybound Therapies)
- Active as a Outdoor Pursuit Instructor (at Celtic Quest Coasteering)
- MSc in Consumer Studies
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Habits, routines
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Reassessment of values or mission
- personal development
- career coaching
- Work/life balances
- Stress management
Photos & videos
I charge 35 pound per hour for an one-to-one session.