The Therapy Rooms Pembrokeshire
59 Pembroke Road
01437 762068 / 07943832836
You eagerly seek change in some area or areas of your life, but struggle to make that change happen. Whatever it is – lose weight, exercise more regularly, change careers, get more sleep, or quit smoking - it has been on your mind for a while. Wait. Let’s rephrase that: A REALLY LONG WHILE.
You’ve started on your journey full of enthusiasm and energy, but after a while you always seem to have GIVEN IN and consequently GIVEN UP. How’s that? You seem to run back to the same old, comfortable and safe routines. You might have told yourself before “better luck tomorrow”, BUT TOMORROW NEVER COMES…Looking back on these failed ventures, you might feel quite annoyed, guilty, down, or even pretty frustrated. You still might feel like this at this very moment. *SIGH….* That’s OK. YOU’RE NOT SUPERMAN, YOU KNOW.
At least this thought, this desire, or these emotions, are still there with you. They continue to linger in your mind. That’s interesting, isn’t it? Very interesting. What does this tell you?? EXACTLY. You’re not willing to give up yet. You’re still determined. That’s why you’re here isn’t it? To commit ACTION and follow through!! GREAT, that’s all that matters.
SO, WHO'S THIS "HABIT COACH"?
Hi there! The Habit Coach has been set-up me, Nick. I’m a certified life coach and NLP Practitioner. I’ve set up the Habit Coach – a life coaching business based in Pembrokeshire, Wales – because I thoroughly enjoy supporting people just like you in following through on the goals you have set yourself or habits you want to build or overcome. My passion about life coaching, helping out other people, and behaviour change is also expressed with my other roles as a behavioural therapist and outdoor pursuit instructor. This implies that besides my profession as a life coach and a NLP Practitioner, I actually apply behavioural change in the field on a day-to-day basis. I have got plenty of academic baggage – probably too much – to know how to teach you how to make behaviour change happen and last but purposely choose to remain down to earth and practical.
If you’re interested in my services as a lifecoach and you’re more specifically looking to make a change to your habits I want to point out to you we will be working on a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not something that we can fix overnight. Not 21 days, not even 30 days. There is no finish line here because this is something you pick up for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. This doesn’t mean you need a coach like me to accompany you and hold your hand for the rest of your life. No. It means you need to be totally in to make this change LAST forever. If you’re not really ready yet to commit to that there’s no point to start to work on a habit change with in the first place.
In addition, my coaching style can be characterised as:
Most people know what they need to do, but often have difficulty actually making it happen. Here lies the crux of the matter. My coaching style is focused on getting ACTIONABLE results, which need to be applicable to your personal life. Exercises that are simple and practical, yet realistic and effective to get and KEEP your momentum going.
Although my methods are all backed-up by social science (Yay science!) I try to keep my style PLAYFUL and FUN. The trick is not so much to get you started, but keep you going. Here's when the FUN plays a important role, to keep chasing your goals exciting and make sure your motivation and energy levels remain high.
As you’ve personally experienced, changing your behaviour is hard but not impossible. You’re up for A CHALLENGE. You are prepared to step outside your comfort zone and try on a new venture. Ready to grow and learn.
The difference to all those books you’ve read, self-help gurus you follow, automated email campaigns you're currently subscribed to, or shiny PDF’s that still remain unopened in your inbox is there’s NO REAL ACCOUNTABILITY in place. That's why you haven't followed up. It's a sink or swim method. My approach is quite the opposite, call it sink and be rescued if you like, accountability is a cornerstone. You're not doing it alone, you have an ally.
HAVE A LOOK FOR YOURSELF
- "Initially, I didn’t know what to do with my career. Nick helped me to look within myself and to search for the answers. He was like the critical sounding board I was exactly looking for. Already after two sessions I took my first big steps to chase my ambition. One of these actions was to enroll into an interior design course, something I always aspired to do! Apparently, a little nudge can really make a difference. Overall, Nick is a pleasant guy to talk to and really thinks along to help you find your way out, it worked for me!" - Richelle (February 2017)
- "I was skeptical at first as not my cup of tea, but Nick put me at ease. Looking back on it, it was an enjoyable experience. It really helped put future opportunities in clear obtainable goals. Excellent." - Louise (March 2017)
- "This experience has been a beneficial one, and has guided me in the right direction for positive outcomes. Nick was a friendly and helpful coach that put me at ease and made the experience a lot more enjoyable & less daunting." - Simon (March 2017)
If you feel that I am the right person for you to work with, then do get in touch and we can have a chat about it. I’m curious to hear story and how we could work together. Give me a call or drop me an email.
For example, you can book a free consult call. For 15 minutes I'm all yours. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have and you can decide afterwards for if I am the the right person for you. What do you have to lose, right?
Find more info here: https://calendly.com/habitcoach/15min/
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional development and understanding the theory behind practical usage is very important to me. Therefore, I have the following qualifications:
- Qualified Life Coach with ILM
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Active as a Behaviour Technician (at Skybound Therapies)
- Active as a Outdoor Pursuit Instructor (at Celtic Quest Coasteering)
- MSc in Consumer Studies
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Habits, routines
- Confidence, self-esteem, motivation and self-belief
- Reassessment of values or mission
- Change of career
- Work/life balances
- Stress management
Photos & videos
I charge 35 pound per hour for an one-to-one session.