Why do vision board exercises work?
29th October, 20150 Comments
Written by: Ayesha Giselle Dornelly
I am the biggest fan of the using vision boards to attract the life that I want. Why? Because it works.
Last year I jumped on a train to the other side of London carrying my suitcase full of magazines, coloured card, felt tip pens, pritt stick… the lot. Knocked on my friend’s door and said we are doing our vision board today, with a big massive smile on my face.
We sat up for the whole night listening to some music, cutting pieces out of the magazines, sectioning off the card for different areas of our lives. Writing down in bold what I wanted in life. It was a night to remember, laughing and talking about why we choose certain images and discussing our future.
I remember that we were so proud of our work that we started taking pictures of our vision boards so that we can store the vision board on our phones. It was fun!
We both promised to put the vision board up in a place in our homes where we could see it daily. At first each morning before I work up I would sit in front of my vision board and look at the images and just visualise the images as if I was living them out at that very moment. I would close my eyes and meditate on those images, imagining how I would feel if what I saw in front of me became my reality.
Now a year later, I could say that most of those things have either came true or are quickly becoming my reality.
So, why does the vision board exercise work?
- What you focus on you attract - Focusing on your vision board daily and meditating on the images and how they make you feel will send a strong vibration out to universe attracting situations in your life which reflect the feelings that you feel during the exercise.
- Your mind responds stronger to visual stimulation - When you create a vision board and place it in a space where you see it often, you are actually doing short visualisation exercises often.
- Visualisation is one of the most powerful mind exercises -“When you are visualising, you are emitting a powerful frequency out into the universe”- The Secret
- Plus, you brain will work tirelessly to achieve the messages that you feed your subconscious.
How to do the vision board exercise?
- Be prepared – Get all of the things you would need to create your vision board, all the screenshots that you saved from Instagram on your phone - print them out. Collect all your magazines, if you don’t have any go out and buy a variety – home, beauty, fashion, lifestyle. Collect pictures of images that make you happy or inspire a good feeling. Be sure to get your card or base for your vision board. Buy some glue, pritt stick, pins. Get prepared.
- Set aside some time to do it – a couple of hours at least.
- Set the mood – Play some calming or inspiring music, light some candles, put on some comfortable clothes.
- Think about what it is that you want to attract in your life or how you want your life to be like – Think about the goals you have for the different areas of your life – home, self, relationship, friendship, experiences.
- You should focus on how you feel and want to experience – before sticking up those sexy shoes, and designer bag, think about what the images represent and how it will make you feel having these items. For example on my vision board I have sexy lingerie which represent my feminine energy. I have people like Rihanna and Tina Turner who represent my strength, me being a bold courageous fierce women who is about herself - you get it.
- Now... Just do it!
About the author
Ayesha Giselle is an expert life coach, self-love teacher, speaker and a featured author for Pinkmood.com. Ayesha is passionate about helping you to become the person you choose to be, a person you like, admire and like being. Want to create a powerful vision board? Why don't you join the vision board workshop located on the events page.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Mark PettigrewJune 1st, 2017
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010