Let's start afresh in 2013
4th January, 20130 Comments
With the new year now upon us the urge to try something new, expand our horizons or get that job we have always wanted is at its strongest.
One of the first steps in this process is renewing your commitment to your goals which presumes that you have goals in the first place.
We can all have good intentions but that's where they stay, we intend to do something, we try to do something but nothing happens.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Take an aerial view, don't let the detail overwhelm you
- Ask yourself what is it you really want to do?
- Create the goals in small chunks, not everything has to be done all at once
- Leave a time space once you have started your goals then come back to them at a different time of day and see what new insights arrive
- Be specific and say to yourself, and what now, and then, and what's next
These goals are yours and for you to work through and develop, talk them over with people who matter to you. Write them down so you can see them. Don't have to many make them manageable.
To make sure you achieve what you want, feel good about it and have fun, use the steps above and resolve to create the goals that really work for you.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Liam Collins Ba (Hons) - Expert Career Coach. Expert Relationship Coach.August 7th, 2017
Caroline Stagg: Self-awareness&Personal Intelligence. BScPsych. CPD accreditedAugust 15th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Aim To Be, Life & Business CoachingJuly 19th, 2010
Jo Painter AC, Dip LC, NLP Prac, MRPharmSJuly 12th, 2015