How to find your ideal client
27th July, 20110 Comments
When you’re starting up in business, the thought of anyone paying you for your services is great. However dealing with difficult or unprofitable clients can be time-consuming, challenging and may end up costing you your business.
Here’s a quick visualisation exercise you can do to identify who your ideal client is. From there you can then take decisive steps to target them.
Make sure you have at least 10 minutes to yourself where you’ll be uninterrupted, paper, pen and an open mind.
- Think of a name for your ideal client
- What do they look like? Hair, height, build etc.
- What do they do for a career, and at what stage of their career are they?
- What’s their relationship status – do they have kids, are they married, divorced or single? Are they grandparents?
- Where do they live? Rural or urban, is it a house or flat, is there a garden? Victorian or Georgian? Interior designed or cluttered and comfortable?
- What car do they drive?
- Where do they shop?
- Where we they educated and to what level?
- What are their hobbies or sporting interests?
- What do they do at the weekend?
- What music do they listen to?
- What are their goals?
- What are their values?
- What are their fears?
- What do they spend their money on?
- What’s their disposable income likely to be?
- How much do you want to be spending with you? How often?
Answering these questions will allow you to build up a really colourful and clear picture of the kind of people you’d like to be working with. The information you’ve identified will then allow you to work out how you need to market to attract these people, what sort of things they’d be interested in, what problems they need solving and where you can market to attract them.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Karen Hayns MSc - Future PerfectSeptember 27th, 2016
Susan Francis. Life Coach & Motivational TrainerSeptember 26th, 2016