Your key to success; self-confidence
OK, so here's the thing, self-confidence is without a doubt, the key to success. Even if you don't feel confident, there are many tips and techniques you can apply to appear confident.
Shockingly, a recent study showed 83% of people suffer with low self-confidence.
Self-confidence stems from a set of beliefs we have about ourselves. However, false beliefs can be weakened by challenging them. In psychology, self esteem reflects a persons overall evaluation of their worth.
A few signs of low self-confidence:
- Explaining, justifying and debating actions and decisions.
- Immediately responding to criticism.
- Needing others approval.
- Avoiding confrontation.
- People pleasing.
- Putting yourself down.
- Allowing others to speak down to you.
- Struggling to say "no".
- Inability to accept compliments.
- Reluctance to take on challenges.
- Not trusting your instinct.
- Expecting very little out of life.
- Feeling full of fear.
- Self sabotage.
- Under earning & under achieving.
- Accentuating the negative.
- Self neglect.
- Giving away our power.
Here are a few of my top tips to raise self confidence.
- Stop focusing on your shortcomings.
- Get an action buddy and text each other daily 5 things you like about yourselves.
- Write 5 things each day you are grateful for. You can't feel grateful and negative at the same time.
- Aim for progress, not perfection.
- Banish your inner critic, send it off on a world cruise.
- Be kind to your mind, thoughts, body and soul.
- See every mistake as a learning curve, lighten up, even the most successful of all times have messed up.
- Focus on what you can change and let go of what you can’t.
- Only hang around with those who champion you. We emulate who we associate with.
- Say no when you mean no and set boundaries. This will empower you and rocket your self -confidence and self esteem.
- Take pride in your opinions and ideas. Do not be afraid to voice what you feel.
- Set goals and stick with your action plan.
- Don’t allow anyone to talk you out of your dreams and visions because they are too fearful to go for it.
Make it happen, It is your time to shine.
Annie Ashdown is Author of Doormat Nor Diva Be - How to Take Back Control of Your Relationships and The Confidence Factor - 7 Secrets of Successful People.