What do you want in 2017?
As you go into the New Year, it's really tempting to make a load of bold resolutions and set some major new goals. But before you do, I think it's extremely important to look over the past year - what you've achieved, what you haven't, what you've learnt. Once you have taken the time to reflect and record, you will then be in a much more informed place to decide what you want for you and your life, in the next year ahead.
So, I would like to share with you an exercise I give to all of my clients - enjoy!
Completing 2016 - entering 2017 exercise
1) What were my top 10 joys, celebrations, milestones and successes in 2016?
2) What were my frustrations and disappointments?
3) What do I need to let go of / forgive myself for, that’s hanging over from this year?
4) What did I learn?
5) If this year was a chapter in the book of my life what was it called?
Use the lessons learned to create a compelling and exciting vision for 2017…
1) How will I enrich my life and my family this year? How can I make my relationships richer, more fun, more intimate and more loving?
2) What am I tolerating that I'd like to change or eliminate in my daily routine this year?
3) What joys and ordinary pleasures will I add to my schedule, starting today?
4) What financial goals do I have for 2017?
5) What will I do to maintain my health? What am I committed to for fitness, for vitality and wellness?
6) If my life is a book what is the next chapter called?
7) What is something I would do this year if I didn't care a damn about what other people thought of me?
8) If I could do only one big project in my lifetime, what would it be?
Find a life coach offering Personal Development Coaching
All therapists are verified professionals.