Given up on your New Year’s resolution already?
What was your New Year’s resolution? Did you think that this year will be different to all the rest or are you one of those people that when asked about your New Year’s resolution you said ‘no not me I don’t have any’ but secretly in your mind you had a list?
Was your resolution about your career, business or about your relationship? Was it about that new diet or a gym membership that you have been paying for but not used?
Whatever your resolution is it about this time of the month that people experience their first hurdle and the momentum had gone along with their resolution and they are back to doing the same as they always have.
Why does this happen and why has this happened to you when you were so sure that this year will be different?
There are several reasons as listed below:
- You had more than one resolution
- You did not have an accountability partner
- You did not change your behaviour
- Your resolution was too big
- You did not break your resolution down into small achievements
- You did not celebrate your achievements
- Your resolution was not aligned with what you really want.
If any of the above resonate with you then this is the reason why you have not kept to your resolution. The good news is that you don’t have to wait until New Year to set yourself another goal you can do it anytime. But make sure that you do the opposite of the list above and:
- Have one goal
- Get an accountability partner
- Think about what behaviour you need to change and change!
- Tk 'how big is the goal?'
- If it is too big break it down
- Celebrate each time you get a step closer to your goal
- Make sure you measure how much you want to achieve that goal i.e. on a scale of 1-10. If it is below seven then question the goal.
Find a coach dealing with Personal development
All coaches are verified professionals.