Finding your confident self
Lost, invisible and drained of confidence, this is how some women feel about themselves as they age.
Society and your very own inner conversations or self talk can keep you feeling very devalued and unsure about who you are and what your life is about.
It is sad that for many women age dents self-esteem and brings about such painful uncertainty but in brighter news there are ways to turn things around.
There are many stories of women looking to find themselves and in well documented and awe inspiring ways. Whilst a lovely ideal to aspire to, there is absolutely nothing wrong with finding your true self, now and right where you are.
Here are some of my suggestions to start you on the road to self discovery and age confidence:
- Decide to act. The very first thing to do is to decide that there is something you can do. This belief is, in itself, empowering.
- Look at experiencing new things. When life feels stale, this is a sure sign that it is time for change.
- Notice where the anti ageing messages are coming from. It might be time to turn off the TV, put down the wrong magazines and take stock of your friendship groups.
- Find your calling. What matters to you, what interests you and where will you find this?
- Take the time to understand who you are, through journaling and creative writing.
Three questions for you to answer:
1. What can you do?
2. What is your body capable of?
3. Name three of your strengths.
Personal empowerment is your crossroads, you can’t reach this point without feeling a sense of discomfort. Instead of fighting this period in your life you could see it as an opportunity to find yourself. A chance to uncover your abilities and capabilities, to build inner and outer confidence. A time to thrive, feeling fully connected to your new found self.
It really is only numbers, what will you do with them?
Find a life coach that can help with Confidence
or try our advanced search