Are you having a bad day? Turn it around with these tips
We all have those days when we get up on the wrong side of the bed. We wake up and something is not quite right. The day drags on and our mood gets worse and worse. And all we can think about is when the day will end. The good news is that with a little mindfulness you can turn the day on its head and make it work for you.
Here are my top tips to turn a bad day around:
1. Acknowledge and offer no resistance - Everyone has a bad day once in a while and that’s ok. Acknowledge to yourself that you are human and that’s its ok to feel the way you are feeling. Then, offer no resistance. By this, I don’t mean don’t do anything but don’t fight or dwell on the way you are feeling and just move on with your day.
2. Focus on something inspirational – Find an image or a quote that you find inspiring and make it your focus. Look at it anytime a negative feeling is coming up. What feelings does the quote or image inspire? Why are you drawn to it?
3. Look nice, feel nice – Wear one of your favourite outfits, style your hair in a way that pleases you, wear the nice coat you only put on for special occasions. The little things can come a long way to elevate your mood.
4. Go back to basics – It is easy to forget the basics when you are having a bad day and this can make things worse. Remember to eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise. Your body will compensate you by releasing all those feel good chemicals can that help you turn the tie.
5. This is temporary – This is the way you feel right now but it doesn’t mean this is the way you have always felt or will always feel. Things will get better.
6. Get out for a walk – Walks are a great way to clear our minds and elevate our mood. Take a walk outside, even if its short, and if you are able to, walk in nature.
7. Practice gratitude – On a bad day, it may feel like everything is going wrong. Make a list of everything and everyone you are grateful for – it could be something little like your morning coffee or bigger like your new car. You would be surprised how many things are going well in your life.
And finally, be kind to yourself. Remember that everyone feels like this once in a while but you have a choice, you are a powerful human being and you can turn your mood around on any given day.
Find a life coach offering Personal Development Coaching
All coaches are verified professionals.