A-Z guide to finding work you love - letter E
Welcome to the A-Z guide to finding work you love where 'E' stands for Endorphins. A bit random, I know but I'm sure you remember biology lessons. Endorphins are the hormones that are released when you get the feelgood factor.
It's important that when you make career decisions, you're feeling good about yourself. I'm aware that you may be in a situation where you hate your job or you hate your boss, but you need to be in a position where you're feeling good and that will provide the platform for you to make good decisions.
So how can you release endorphins?
1. Listen to music - Perhaps the kind of music you listen to when you're getting ready to go out on a Friday night.
2. Exercise - Anything that gets your heart going is a fantastic way to release endorphins. You don't have to join a gym - you can go for a brisk walk or run.
3. Laughter - Hang around with people who make you laugh or watch a funny movie.
4. Spicy food - Believe it or not, it works!
5. Sex - You may not be in control of this one!
6. Eat chocolate - Dark chocolate contains chemicals that reduce endorphins. It has other benefits too, but you do need to know when to stop!
Anything that makes you feel good about yourself is going to provide a great basis for making good career decisions, so get out there and release those endorphins.
To see the video version of this article, visit:
Find a coach dealing with Career coaching
All coaches are verified professionals.