20 Top Tips for a Better Work-Life Balance
• Plan one hour’s relaxation time for you into every day. Block it out in your diary.
• Get out into the fresh air for an hour every day.
• Delegate - at home or at work- get others to contribute. Don’t be a martyr.
• Say “no” - you don’t have to volunteer for everything you are asked to do.
• Seek out some solitude each day - time alone is energising.
• Plan a weekend event of some sort, or a day out, every 4-6weeks.
• Make a list of what you must get through in a day, or week, and what you would like to get through. Tackle the former and ignore the latter.
• Write a to-do list every night- and stick to it the following day.
• Get a cleaner if you can afford to for 2-3 hours a week.
• Internet shop for groceries- save yourself 2-3 hours a week.
• Turn off your mobile or screen your calls -don’t take work calls at home.
• Screen your landline calls. Let the answerphone take calls that are not urgent.
• Don’t check your work emails when you are not at work.
• Leave work on time at least two evenings a week.
• Have some FUN! Spend time with friends who make you feel good, or do something that makes you feel good, at least twice a week.
• Get a perspective - when you are frazzled, ask “Will this matter this time next week, next month, next year? If not, let go of the worry and anxiety.
• Take up a new hobby- September is a great month to start new classes and courses.
• Make one “healthy eating” change to boost your energy levels - such as reducing caffeine, alcohol, sugary snacks, or reliance on ready meals.
• Seriously consider a career-change, or working part time, if your job dominates your life and is affecting your health. There are always alternatives, even if it means a reduction in your income.
• Stop feeling guilty! Praise yourself for what you have achieved at the end of every day!
© Glynis Kozma Aspire Coaching August 2008
Not to be reproduced without permission and acknowledgment of the source.
Life Coach Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Glynis Kozma
The Midlife Coach
Coaching You to Be Your Best
I'm a professional coach with 15 years' experience.
I established my coaching practice in Hitchin 15 years ago. I also coach across the UK and overseas. During this time I've successfully coached for hundreds of hours.
I'm non-judgemental, honest, warm and caring, but I will also move you out of your comfort zone if that's … Read more
Located in Hitchin.
Can also offer telephone / online appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: