Teresa Lewis Msc PgDip BA(Hons) MBACP(Senior Accredited) MAC
Teresa is a founding member of the BACP's coaching division and the only coach in Wolverhampton to gain full registration status with the prestigious Association for Coaching. She is passionate about leadership and uses her Masters degree in psychotherapy and qualifications in both training and coaching to deliver an evidence based approach to coaching, which is grounded in established theories of adult learning, cognitive behavioural coaching, solution focussed coaching and positive psychology. She brings a powerful combination of business experience and psychological insight to help clients achieve transformational change.
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited psychotherapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr. Accred). Qualified in 1995, Teresa has been providing counselling and psychotherapy treatment for 24 years. Now in her late 40's Teresa has completed over 15,000 therapy sessions and has successfully dealt with a wide range of issues from anger management to health anxiety. Teresa holds a masters degree in counselling and psychotherapy and is a qualified EMDR practitioner having completed training accredited with EMDR Europe. As a recognised expert in her field Teresa is frequently asked to conduct editorial reviews and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses.
Teresa is founder and director of multi-award winning Lewis Psychology. She is a proactive and dynamic professional, combining extensive executive management experience with a successful background at senior command level. She is a motivational and inspirational leader capable of coaching and empowering individuals to enable them to fulfil their potential whilst ensuring that they make a positive contribution to the achievement of objectives. Teresa brings a powerful combination of business experience and psychological insight to help clients achieve transformational change.
BACP ACCREDITED SERVICE
Teresa is the founder and director of award winning Wolverhampton practice, Lewis Psychology. Lewis Psychology is the only organisation in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field. The BACP Service Accreditation sets the standard to which all services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
MINDFULNESS TRAINING COURSES WITH TERESA LEWIS
Teresa regularly delivers an eight week Accredited Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress course. The Mindfulness course consists of 8 x 2-hour group sessions, where there will be guided mindfulness practice and theoretical teachings. Each week participants are taught a number of different mindfulness practices that can be incorporated into daily life to reduce stress and aid general wellbeing.
Teresa also delivers a post graduate eight week Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) course. This course integrates the work of experts in the field such as Paul Gilbert, Kristin Neff, Christopher Germer, Rick Hanson and Tara Brach. Erick van den Brink and Frits Koster developed this eight step Mindfulness Based Compassion Living training programme which is supported by practical exercises and free audio downloads. Grounded in ancient wisdom and modern science, this course demonstrate how being compassionate shapes our minds and brains, and benefits our health and relationships.
We are located at Deansgate, 62-70 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4TH. Deansgate has been refurbished to an exceptionally high specification, it is a landmark property that dates back to the early 18th Century and has retained its period featuresthroughout. We are situated on the ground floor and there is full disabled access at the rear of the building. There is a free onsite car park at the front and rear of the building for up to 82 cars.
We are based in a prominent location on the A41 Tettenhall Road within the established office quarter of Wolverhampton. We are approximately 1 mile north west of Wolverhampton city centre, Junction 10 of the M6 motorway is approximately 6.4 miles east and Junction 2 of the M54 motorway 4.5 miles north.
HOW TO FIND LEWIS PSYCHOLOGY CIC
- By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre.
- By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (the number one bus) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. The bus stop is directly across the road from Lewis Psychology offices.
- By foot: Approximately a 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
Monday to Saturday: 9.30am to 8.00pm
Sunday: 9:30am to 5:30pm
ENQUIRIES AND BOOKING INFORMATION
- Telephone: (01902) 827808
- Mobile/text: 0774 888 5614
- Website: www.lewispsy.org.uk
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (Msc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
- Mindful Movement (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Foundation
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher training One
- Mindfulness Based compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Two
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Founding Member of BACP Coaching Division
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Accredited Mindfulness Teacher
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
- Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure
- Registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office
- Extensive experience in the field of business development and management
- Founder and Director of Lewis Psychology CIC
- Former lecturer
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Coaching can be highly effective even in one single session and produce sustainable and lasting results. In a market where ten session packages or six month contracts are the rule, Lewis Psychology stands out. We do not ask clients to pre-pay or sign up for a set number of sessions in advance.
Please click here to find out more about our fees.
Teresa Lewis helps organisations to get the very best from their people and in helping people to get the very best from their career. Executive Coaching provides an essential source of support and development for leaders and mangers. It is a meaningful, confidential, goal-focused conversation that enables leaders and managers to take time to think, to understand and gain personal and strategic clarity. Coaching is invaluable during times of transition, when specific skills need fine-tuning or when key people just need time to fully focus on the complex issues that can help or hinder performance at individual, team and organisational levels.
Why Executive Coaching?
All leaders and managers face demands, having an experienced Executive Coach working alongside you in a professional partnership will help you to focus on meeting these demands, develop vision, new skills and insights, and enhance your success and performance.
Executive Coaching provides a genuine opportunity for people to celebrate what's working well, to give proper attention to what is not, to enhance relationships and to make better and informed decisions about where to place or renew ones energy. Executive Coaching can be used to:
- Remove the limiting beliefs and fears that hold you back in certain situations
- Improve your management style
- Become more 'outcome' focused instead of being 'problem' focused
- Achieve a greater work-life balance
- Become a better manager of people
- Raise performance
- Resolve conflict
- Help you to drive through change
- Take your development to the next level
- Develop a long-term growth plan
- Turn your ideas into a viable business
- Execute your business strategy more effectively