Wendy Dick - Yellow Goose
Hi, I am Wendy, as a Life Coach, I am passionate about Leadership Development and Personal Wellbeing supporting you to build resilience and maintain a balanced life whilst you strive and thrive to create a successful future.
My passion has grown from thirteen years as a nurse and seventeen years as a middle and senior manager in Education, a demanding and rewarding sector. I now have the opportunity to bring both of my passions together in my work as a leadership coach and mentor. People describe me as authentic, positive, energetic, enthusiastic, supportive, forward-thinking and quietly confident.
As I left my job as Director of HR, Quality and Teacher Development in a large College to work freelance I was nominated by my team to attend the Queens Garden Party on May 2018. What a fabulous day at the Palace, a great accolade and an amazing thank you gift from my colleagues.
I have a firm belief in the capability and capacity of others to full fill their dreams and reach their true potential. I know that being a leader and manager can be exhilarating, rewarding and great fun, it can also be lonely, relentless, tough and exhausting. Sometimes we can feel isolated, stuck and demotivated and just need some new energy and a safe space to enable us to recognise our current achievements and work with someone to help create a clear and exciting way forward.
KJ Law Firm Partner "Wendy knows how to bring out the best in people without ever losing sight of the end goal . Wendy’s drive, enthusiasm and energy are infectious“
Why I do what I do
Research says we spend 80,000 hours at work over our lifetime, a great leader and manager can make a huge difference for themselves, colleagues and their customers.
What I do
I help others to nurture their wellbeing and develop leadership excellence. As a coach, I work one to one with leaders and managers to help them:-
- Stay healthy
- Recognise their strengths
- Use their time to best effect
- Be focused
- Take action
- Plan effectively
- Be a great communicator
- Be a leader others will follow
- Be resilient and energised
- Receive and use feedback
- Enjoy life outside of work.
LS Learning and Development Manager "The coaching sessions with Wendy have been invaluable for my professional development and confidence as a new manager. Wendy encouraged me to think more deeply about the root of the challenges I encountered, to enable me to identify suitable solutions that would work for me"
Do you need help to:
- Reach your full potential as a leader
- Get some balance back in your life
- Build your resilience to consistently meet the demands of your role
- Learn to thrive and shine in a constantly changing environment
- Improve the quality profile of your Team or Department
- Be an inspirational leader who others aspire to follow
- Have a clear sense of yourself and your next career steps
- Be a great communicator who gets things done
Coaching, mentoring and training can benefit you by:
- Providing a safe environment to explore challenges
- Allowing protected space to shape next steps
- Removing barriers if you feel stuck or overwhelmed
- Increasing your leadership theory base
- Enhancing self-belief, confidence, and control
- Helping to re-balance your life
- Focusing you on opportunities
- Improving communication skills
SB Executive Director "Working with Wendy has been a pleasure – she challenges your thinking in a very constructive way. A guru on Leadership and Management her skills and mix of theory and embedding into practical experience is invaluable".
I work with individuals
- one to one in person
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Qualified Executive Life Coach who has had a highly successful career focused on putting people at the heart of the business. I have come to understand that investing in yourself as a leader and manager is key to your own and others success and wellbeing. I am able to bring my extensive leadership experience and breadth of theoretical leadership knowledge coupled with proven wellbeing strategies and coaching techniques to work along side you in a coaching and mentoring relationship. It is about helping you shine and feel that you are best placed to be the best leader and manager you can be in life, 'Your Best You'.
- MA in Management, Learning and Leadership (MAMLL)
- ILM 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- BSc (Hons 1st class) Health Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
I am a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and work within their ethical framework and competency guidelines.
I access Coaching Supervision and I regularly attend Professional Development Sessions to keep my practise up to date.
Areas of coaching I deal with
FREE 30 minute Introductory session
£55 per hour
Book 6 one hour sessions for £320
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm Slots for evening coaching sessions also available on request