Shola Kaye - Public Speaking and NLP Coach
Kensington & Chelsea
Hello! I'm a public speaking coach, trainer and NLP practitioner.
I help clients to gain confidence 'on stage', overcome nerves, to grow their businesses with public speaking and to take their careers to the next level with assured, on-point communications.
I also help with voice and intonation by using a variety of breathing, vocal and articulation exercises to build stamina, improve tone and increase projection.
Typical clients include:
- Coaches and entrepreneurs who would like to speak to find clients but have trouble creating an engaging and tightly structured speech, telling compelling stories from stage, crafting a gentle and inviting offer that gets 90%+ of the room to take action and finding speaking opportunities.
- Corporate employees who are interviewing for jobs/climbing the career ladder and need to become concise, articulate communicators who project an air of leadership and gravitas.
- University lecturers who would like to become more entertaining and engaging speakers.
- Business owners and subject-matter experts who would like to monetise their expertise or share their knowledge by creating a lecture or workshop, but have no idea where to begin.
- Individuals needing to hone a business pitch, whether to apply for investor funding or to speak during a business networking meeting.
- Organisations looking for bespoke or off-the-shelf training on subjects such as thinking on your feet, networking, becoming a more engaging speaker, making more exciting videos for social media and more.
More than a decade ago I was let go from a corporate management role for being a timid communicator. Who would have known that years later I would become an award-winning public speaker and international singer. I work with clients to help them find their communication super-powers, to play to their strengths and to build the confidence required to become comfortable with visibility.
As a quiet person myself who regularly 'performs' in front of large groups, I share my experiences and coping mechanisms to show clients that everything is possible and that they don't need to change their personality to be successful communicators.
I think it's vitally important for clients to have their own style and I have developed some tips and tricks for introverts and quiet people who find it draining and/or intimidating to have to spend extended periods of time in front of an audience during talks and workshops.
I also use a 'framework' approach to help clients stay present to their audiences during communication. This is particularly useful for those that frequently find themselves in situations where they have to speak to small groups or participate in work-related conversations and need to avoid rambling or under-sharing.
I use the D.I.V.A. model (Dynamic, Inspiring, Valuable, Authentic) to ensure my clients are all-rounder public speakers, giving them an easy way to check that their communications tick all the boxes.
This model is detailed in my well-regarded book which was published in 2017 and I provide all clients with a PDF copy of the book and the accompanying workbook.
I speak regularly in London and around the UK and from time to time run my own workshops. Whenever I run an evening workshop I invite my clients to come and speak at no charge, giving them valuable additional experience in front of a group.
'I went to Shola’s Harper's Bazaar at Work event and it was one of the best of 2017 for me. Shola is a talented speaker and delivers her content in an engaging way, the workshop was interactive and fun and the hour seemed to go by quickly. She shared different techniques with us that we could practice which meant we all left with new (or improved) skills. I was so impressed by Shola that I have asked her to do some training for the women on my mastermind.' Success Coach
'I had my laser session following the ‘Speak up like a DIVA’ public speaking event which was truly valuable. I have now secured my first speaking engagement on 1st June. The reason I am endorsing Shola Kaye is after the event and our laser session I have the tools, feedback and knowledge of how to put together a talk that will be engaging and potentially client attracting too. Thank you Shola Kaye your approach has made a big difference to me and how I create my talks going forward.' Nutritional Therapist
'Thank you Shola for the precious & priceless gift yesterday! I have spent thousands of pounds & countless hours learning & training! Never before have I had a coaching session so precisely & perfectly made to fit the job in hand! That one short session got me through a very challenging speech & will serve me for the rest of my life!'
'Shola's coaching had an amazing impact on my speech. If you want your speech to be funnier and more impactful Shola is definitely the right person to help you. Her advice is clear, easy to follow and gets results.' Accountant
'Our organization was incredibly lucky to have Shola as a guest presenter at one of our membership development conferences. Her session was engaging, dynamic, and above all, directly applicable to all attending the workshop. Whether you routinely need to present in front of larger crowds, or are simply looking to command more attention and make a greater impact in smaller settings (even one-on-one), Shola’s training is a must. The session generated some of the most enthusiastic feedback of the entire conference! Her advice is invaluable and truly can be applied in almost any setting.' Event Chair.
Many video testimonials available on request.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Featured in Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire and Woman & Home
- Author of Amazon.com bestselling public speaking book: How to be a D.I.V.A. at public speaking
- Professional public speaker
- Professional singer and international performer
- Award-winning speaker: recipient of Jenny Seagrove Award 2016 - for highest grade in UK
- Studied with Joanna Martin - Shift Speaker Training/ public speaking for entrepreneurs
- NLP Practitioner
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Oxford University)
- Life Coach
- Various Tony Robbins' training (but I'm not rah rah :) )
- Featured on CareerCake TV, speaking on how to be a more engaging speaker
- Area Director, former President and Advanced Communicator (Toastmasters International)
- Worked in a variety of corporate environments in UK and USA, including consulting and banking
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- public speaking
- workshop creation
- business pitch
I have a variety of different coaching packages:
- a 5-session program to help you with interviews, speaking up in meetings or with speaking to grow your business
- a 2-hour speech surgery for help with imminent speeches or presentations
- a 12-session signature program that includes done-for-you speech writing
- a variety of online courses on subjects such as: DYNAMIC speaking, IMPROMPTU speaking, adding VALUE from the stage, being an AUTHENTIC speaker and more.
If budget is limited we can combine these online courses with one to one coaching.
I will occasionally work with clients on a single session basis.
Please contact me for a no-obligation discussion to find out if I can help you. If I can't I'll endeavour to point you in the right direction.
My coaching sessions are enjoyable. I have a warm and friendly personality and endeavour to put clients at ease while stretching them to achieve their best. My mission is to get you incredible results that will change your life.
All clients receive a complimentary electronic copy of my book plus accompanying workbook. I prefer to work online but am happy to receive clients at home too, especially during the rehearsal phase of speech preparation.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Spanish and Italian (intermediate)|
I'm available during weekdays (at home or online/phone) and also on selected evenings (at home or online/phone) and weekends (online/phone only).