As a transformational life coach, I integrate tools to help you heal your heart, mind and soul, freeing you up to grow into all that you are waiting to become. When you can bring more of you to life, life gives more back to you. I combine therapeutic approaches and intuitive coaching with cutting edge processes from alternative psychology to help you transcend your pain, tune into your deepest nature and wake up to the life that is waiting for you.
If you’re new to therapy or coaching, that’s all you need to know. Give me a call and we can discuss how I can help you. If you are a seasoned therapy veteran, you may find my approach is a little different. I tread the boards between therapist, coach, mentor and healer, integrating Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with an extensive toolbox gained from years of experience in mindfulness, wellbeing and psychology. ACT helps you break out of the battle in your mind, live in awareness and get back into your life. I combine this with the Psylogia method, a form of alternative psychology that can bring transformation, psychological relief and deep insights in a single session. I am also an Access Bars practitioner and use the verbal tools from Access in my coaching alongside offering Bars sessions.
Unlike standard life coaching which aims to help you tap into your own resources to solve your problems, I aim to give you more resources and skills, by teaching you new ways to manage your mindset and leading you through processes that can lead to permanent and life enhancing insights. With a background in counselling skills and my use of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, my coaching style is more therapeutic than some, and I will be able to support you in healing and addressing your pain as well as moving forwards in life.
I aim to practice on a deeply human level, integrating the spiritual approaches and meditation practice if it suits you, and always maintaining a sense of humanity, openness and integrity. Have a look at my website if you want to find out more about me and how I work, or contact me for an informal chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over ten years' experience in wellbeing and psychology, helping people heal their lives from the inside out. I work with clients aged 18+ from a diverse range of backgrounds. My passion is to help you get from surviving to thriving, enabling you to discover how much more you can get from life when you start shifting your reality. I am very down to earth in my approach; working with a sense of connection, integrity, openness and honesty is so important to me. I bring humour to the sessions and a sense of humanity and compassion.
I have a passion for music and the arts and have recently qualified in Performing Arts Medicine, so I am keen to work with musicians or artists to help you unlock your potential, overcome performance anxiety and reach new levels of creative expression.
Alongside my private coaching practice, I have worked extensively with students (including mature and post-graduate students) as Wellbeing Officer for Arts University Bournemouth and as the manager of the NHS led Student Wellbeing service at Bournemouth University. I am unable to offer private services to students from the University of Portsmouth as I am currently employed as a Senior Wellbeing Advisor at the University.
Prior to my work with students, I spent over five years working for Solent Mind, helping adults with severe mental health conditions on their path towards recovery. I have also conducted research in health psychology at the University of Southampton and spent time working for Victim Support.
- Psylogia Method Processor of Applied Integral Theory and Transformational Techniques, 2018
- Access Bars Practitioner, Purewell Life, 2018
- PGCert Performing Arts Medicine, UCL, 2018
- PGCert Healthcare Leadership, Bournemouth University, 2016
- Mental Health First Aid, 2016
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Facilitator, Copeland Centre, 2013
- Mindfulness, Meditation and Relaxation Coach, SmartFoundations, 2012
- Resilience and Wellbeing Coach, SmartFoundations, 2012
- Level 3 Certificate in Indian Head Massage, VTCT, 2012
- Reiki Level I and II, Jane Conway, 2011
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, City College Southampton, 2009
- MSc Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, 2007
- ACT for Trauma, Dr Russ Harris, 2018
- Compassion Focused Therapy for Shame and Self-Criticism, Dr Chris Irons, 2018
- ACT for Depression, Dorset HealthCare NHS University Foundation Trust, 2015
- ACT Intermediate Level, Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2014
- ACT Experiential Introduction, Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2014
- Recovery Star, Southern Health, 2012
- Motivational Interviewing, ROCC Training, 2009
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- University students and student wellbeing.
- Performing artists, particularly musicians - if you are experiencing creative blocks, performance anxiety or have lost your passion for playing.
- Mindfulness, meditation and spirituality.
- Work-related stress, work-life balance and burnout.
- Caring, compassion-fatigue, self-care and personal boundaries.
- Chronic or medically unexplained health conditions and fatigue, including Functional Neurological Disorder and non-epileptic (dissociative) seizures.
- Mental health, depression, anxiety and self-esteem.
Stand-alone sessions of Psylogia, which can last up to 90 minutes, are £75. Standard coaching and Access Bars sessions lasting an hour are £50. Concessionary rates may be available to enable you to access longer term coaching. Please contact me to discuss this and any other questions you may have.
I am fully DBS checked, insured and am a member of the British Psychological Society and abide by their code of ethics.
Please visit my website and blog where you can really get a feel for how I work! I welcome any calls and am happy to have an informal chat to help you discover if my coaching is right for you.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Face to face appointments: Usually Fridays and Saturdays. Alternative times are available for Skype/phone sessions.