I provide transformational coaching and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy face to face in Ocean Village, Southampton and online via Skype. I love working with adults of any age, but I also specialise in working with university students, having been the former manager of a Student Wellbeing service. I'm here to help you find yourself if you are feeling lost, overcome blocks and fears, discover your self worth and create a life you love.
I have over ten years' experience in psychology and wellbeing, helping people in this process as they overcome anxiety, depression and many of life's challenges. I am passionate about helping others to thrive; to uncover their own true value, self belief and direction in life. We all deserve to flourish, and we all deserve the chance to learn we can create a different future for ourselves!
I draw on a range of techniques drawn from performance psychology, positive psychology, mindfulness, meditation and acceptance based approaches. I also practice Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to help you tune into what matters, face your fears, overcome procrastination and live the life you've dreamed of.
So, why choose me? I'm honest, human and I strive to develop strong working relationships based on connection, mutual respect and helping you discover your own capacity to grow. I'm not a guru-type or businesslike coach - I'm much more down to earth. Because I practice Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, I tread the boards between coach and therapist, so I'd be ideal to come to if you have wondered if you could benefit from therapy but feel your problems aren't serious enough. After ten years working in the field and a lifetime of self-study to break through my own barriers, I'm passionate about helping others to break through theirs!
Training, qualifications & experience
I have extensive experience in the field of psychology, mental health and wellbeing.
Prior to launching my private coaching practice, I worked extensively with students (including mature and post-graduate students) over the last five years as Wellbeing Officer for Arts University Bournemouth and as the manager of the NHS led Student Wellbeing service at Bournemouth University. This involved helping students at all ends of the spectrum, from those experiencing severe mental health difficulties and crisis to those wanting to get the most out of their work and learn skills to focus, prioritise, break through creative blocks and perfectionism and manage anxiety.
Prior to this, I spent five years working for Solent Mind, helping people set goals and take steps to recover from long term mental health problems. I have also conducted research in health psychology at the University of Southampton and spent time working for Victim Support.
- MSc Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, 2007
- PGCert Performing Arts Medicine, UCL, current
- PGCert Healthcare Leadership, Bournemouth University, 2016
- Mental Health First Aid, 2016
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Facilitator, Copeland Centre, 2013
- Mindfulness, Meditation and Relaxation Coach, SmartFoundations, 2012
- Resilience and Wellbeing Coach, SmartFoundations, 2012
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, City College Southampton, 2009
- ACT for Depression, Dorset HealthCare NHS University Foundation Trust, 2015
- ACT Intermediate Level, Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2014
- ACT Experiential Introduction, Mindfulness Training Ltd, 2014
- Drug Awareness, EDAS, 2014
- Recovery Star, Southern Health, 2012
- Motivational Interviewing, ROCC Training, 2009
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- University students and student wellbeing.
- Performing artists, particularly musicians - if you are experiencing creative blocks, performance anxiety or have lost your passion for playing.
- Mindfulness, meditation and spirituality.
- Work-related stress, work-life balance and burnout.
- Caring, compassion-fatigue, self-care and personal boundaries.
- Functional Neurological Disorder and non-epileptic (dissociative) seizures.
- Mental health, depression, anxiety and self-esteem.
- Transformational Coaching: £60 per session
- Student Coaching: £40 per session
I offer the sixth session free when you book a block of 6! See my website for details.
In some circumstances, I can offer concessions on rates - contact me for more information.
I am fully DBS checked, insured and am a member of the British Psychological Society and abide by their code of ethics.
Please visit my website and blog where you can really get a feel for how I work! I welcome any calls and am happy to have an informal chat to help you discover if my coaching is right for you.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Face to face appointments: Mondays, Fridays and some Saturdays, including some evening appointments. Alternative times may be available via Skype.