Sarah Thayer ~ Transformational Coach & Counsellor. Dip Couns., Dip. Coaching
Hello and thank you for reading my profile. I am a Coach, Counsellor, NLP & Reiki Practitioner with over 20 years' experience supporting adults and young people to make positive changes in their lives.
How do I work?
I work confidentially and holistically with clients, using a range of skills from the 20 years working in personal development.
Firstly - and importantly - I have a deep commitment to my own personal development, mental health & wellbeing, having invested in many years' of personal therapy, ongoing coaching and continued coaching supervision for my work.
What if you don't know what you want?
Clients seek coaching for many reasons. Some already know what they want to change or achieve. For others, there's a general feeling of dissatisfaction with life and they're not quite sure where to go next. It's fine not to know!
This is where the coaching process can really help.
Coaching with me can support you with:
- greater self-awareness and gaining clarity over your situation, so that you can identify what you really want for your life
- raising your confidence levels, motivation, self-esteem and self-worth, so that you naturally take action (rather than forcing it to reach achievement of a goal)
- identifying - and releasing the need - for 'people-pleasing' or to gain approval from others, while your own life is on hold
- creating positive change in your relationships with family, friends, work colleagues - and the most important person, yourself!
- changing your mindset and transforming unhelpful, past patterns (thinking, feeling and behaving)
- navigating big life changes and transitions, such as getting married, having a baby, career changes, redundancy or following divorce or relationship breakdown.
- understanding and managing anxiety, improving low mood and growing in your assertiveness
- identifying the values which are important to you, so that you can live life more authentically
- making sense of why you might be feeling stuck (sometimes there are good reasons for it!)
- unlocking and transforming your current thinking & behaviour which may be keeping you trapped in repeating those unhelpful (and sometimes abusive) patterns in your relationships and life
- changing how you see yourself at an identity level, so you feel freer to take the necessary steps you towards making the changes you desire
If you have more questions or would like to get started please message me here.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 20 years' experience working with both adults and young people in the area of mental health and wellbeing, with training, qualifications and experience in Counselling, NLP, Hypnosis, Time Line Therapy and Coaching.
Prior to setting up Slow Coach Sarah, I trained and worked as a counsellor in a number of UK schools, further education settings, with EAP organisations supporting employees at work and in my own private practice.
My core values are FUN, INTEGRITY, RELATIONSHIP, GROWTH and AUTHENTICITY and I incorporate these into my work with you. I help clients to value slowing down, to transform past patterns and to live life more authentically - whatever that means to them.
- Accredited Diploma in Transformational Coaching 2018-2019
- Accredited Certificate in Corporate Coaching 2019
- Diploma in Integrative Counseling 1998-2001
- NLP Practitioner 2006
- Certificate Timeline Therapy 2006
- Certificate in Hypnosis 2006
I have also participated in a wide range of Continuing Professional Development including many years' of my own personal therapy & coaching, numerous Family Constellation Workshops and other related workshops & therapeutic talks.
I am fully insured and also participate in regular and ongoing coaching supervision to support my work.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I can also work with you if you feel lost, have grown up around people struggling with addictions (or you're currently worried about a loved-one's addiction) or if you feel uncertain about your future.
If you don't really know what you want yet, but you know something needs to change, please know that feeling stuck or anxious about the future is normal.
These are common themes for many of us, especially following the challenging time in 2020, which is continuing for us in 2021.
£95.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Free, initial consultation I offer a free, 45-min/1 hour no-obligation initial consultation for individuals and organisations. £95 per hour or part thereof after a minimum of 6 sessions.
Individual Coaching: Minimum of 6 x 75 min. sessions (7.5 hours of coaching). Further packages of 9 or 12 are also available.
Single 1 hour sessions bookable after a min. of 6 sessions
Leaders & Organisations: Fee variable, dependent on project, teams and business sector.
You can always reach me via email; I aim to respond within 24 hours during normal office hours. UK Bank Holidays and festive periods may be slightly longer.
Taking the first step and reaching out can sometimes be the hardest thing to do. Clients who work with me often say that they wish they had taken action sooner! (Read some kind words from clients, below)
Having an initial, informal chat (which is free of charge) means you've taken that first step! That's where you'll discover whether we could work together and whether I am the best person to help you at this time. And if I'm not, you'll have only used 45 minutes of your time, but you could gain more clarity about your situation!
My values are FUN, INTEGRITY, RELATIONSHIP, GROWTH and AUTHENTICITY and I will always be honest with you if I'm not the best person to support you right now.
"I did not know what to expect but I got so much more than I was expecting. I think you pitched everything perfectly and I really enjoyed working with you and will be working with you in the future I am sure. You have reinforced the need for coaching occasionally and not to just plod on, on my own." Kathryn
"Sarah is a highly skilled, insightful and instinctive coach who has helped me through a time in my career when I felt as if I was in the middle of a whirlwind!
Moreover, she created a space where I could explore my hopes and dreams for the future and has given me confidence about the skills and qualities I already have." Claire
"Since working with Sarah, I realise that each day is a journey and by slowing down and feeling my emotions I'm getting much more clarity, self-awareness and I feel happier with myself. Above all the pain is okay. My confidence and actions are changing which is making me feel calmer in every way and I have more courage and belief in myself. " Tracey
For more information about me, you can go to my website, blog and read more about how I work and my values here https://slowcoachsarah.co.uk