Sarah Keeley - Accredited Wellbeing & Chronic Pain Coach
I coach people who experience chronic pain to live better lives. Coaching is all about focusing on the good stuff, without trying to ‘smile yourself better’. We’ll bring the focus back onto you, onto what you really want, and onto what you can achieve, rather than all that stuff getting in your way. I will help you learn how to treat yourself with self-compassion and acceptance, without resigning yourself to a life you don't want.
Coaching gives the power back to you. You’re the one in control, not your pain. Through coaching, you’re proactively helping yourself, instead of reacting to your pain. It’s all about learning what’s going on inside, challenging your limiting beliefs, and understanding what’s important to you. You can, and will, re-find your identity beyond chronic pain.
I want you to reconnect with what you really want and feel empowered to get it. I’m excited to hear you say “oh my god, I did it!” and see the smile on your face when you achieve what you felt was out of reach.
I know how it feels wanting to push past your limitations but not knowing where to start. When you feel like you’re scraping the barrel for that last drop of energy, time, money, or confidence, and your resilience is low, don’t worry, I’ve been there too.
If you are overwhelmed by pain, lack confidence, or just feel like you’ve lost your mojo, I will help you bring focus back onto your life and be there to celebrate the positives with you. As your coach, I will support and encourage you, and provide a judgement-free safe space for you to achieve your goals.
What you can expect...
- Each session will increase your self-awareness so you notice and understand more of what you do and why you do it.
- The more you progress and surpass your expectations, the more your confidence will increase.
- We’ll spend time noticing your triggers, what depletes your resilience, and what builds it back up.
- You’ll have a dedicated, regular time where you don’t have to worry about what’s going on around you and you don’t have to censor yourself. It’s the ultimate self-care time.
- Instead of trying to desperately repress or distract yourself from the pain and the feelings associated with that pain, you’ll learn how to get comfortable with them.
- We’ll rediscover the importance of gratitude and being thankful for what you have. Pain often takes away so much, so it’s good to flip perspectives.
- I provide a non-judgemental, empathetic ear as someone who understands what it’s like to live with chronic pain. So you’ve not showered in 3 days… I get it.
- We’ll take a deeper look into what makes you tick, which means we’ll get past the excuses you tell yourself and instigate some real, lasting change.
- We’ll work with what’s realistic. I’m not going to encourage you to completely turn your life upside down. We work at your pace.
What Coaching is not...
- I’m not interested in helping you find a cure. For me, it’s not about getting rid of your chronic pain, it’s about owning it and finding self-compassion.
- I’m not a medical professional, I won’t recommend any treatments, and I’m not a replacement for psychological therapy. If you need alternative support, please seek it out.
- I’m not a perfect person and I don’t claim to have all the answers. I still struggle sometimes and want to hide away in my duvet fort, and that’s OK. I’m not going to judge you if you hit a bit of a bump in the road.
- There is no quick fix. It requires hard work, effort, and determination; qualities which most people with chronic pain tend to have anyway. If you’re not prepared to put in the work, I can’t do it for you.
- I use techniques and philosophies that are based in psychology and science, so I’m not going to promise you instant healing or a spiritual experience.
- We’re not going to try to distract you from your pain or sweep your past under the rug. We do try to keep the focus on the future and the positive, but it’s more about finding a healthy balance and developing helpful habits.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am accredited by The Coaching Academy, having achieved a distinction in my Personal Performance Coaching Diploma. I am a member of the International Coaching Federation, the European Mentoring and Coaching Council, and the Association for Coaching.
I have also trained in the following areas:
Certificate in Mindfulness Coaching
Certificate in Coaching with Trauma
Neuroscience and Coaching
Improving Your Resilience
Mental Health First Aid
Managing Mental Wellbeing and Stress
Equality and Diversity
Coaching Conversations for Empowering Leadership
Effective Performance Conversations
Leadership and Management
NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Advice and Guidance
Approaches to Problem Solving
Sales and Marketing for Coaches
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue
Photos & videos
All fees can be found on my website - if you are interested in working with me, I offer a complimentary 90-minute session for you to test the waters. I also run discounts regularly, so be sure to follow me on social media!
I can accommodate payment plans or create bespoke packages depending on what you’re looking for. Please get in touch through the contact page on my website if you have any more questions about payment.
I coach many people who don’t experience chronic pain, but they are just feeling either a bit lost and stuck, or have a goal they really want to achieve. I work with people of all backgrounds and circumstances, not just those with chronic pain. If you want to progress in your business, career, relationships, wellbeing, confidence, resilience, self-image, money, or hobbies, I can help you with achieving those goals.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday and Tuesday 18.00 - 20.00 Wednesday and Saturday 13.00 - 20.00 Thursday and Friday 09.30 - 20.00