Dr SJ Khalid: Specialist in stress, resilience, confidence & career transitions
The House Partnership
85 Wimpole Street
160 Bridge Road
Hello and welcome to my profile.
I have always believed the mind to be an exemplary instrument and have been intrigued by the human thought processes, emotions and behaviours in response to difficult and challenging times in our lives. I would ask myself, what would make someone walk and talk confidently with charisma and light up a room whereas another person with similar abilities would shy away from great opportunities. I wanted to understand the difference between these two types of people and how one can change their mindset to become that confident, authentic person that everyone wants to talk to and is continually promoted in their work place. This was the stimulus for me to begin my journey to specialise in the art and science of Psychology and Coaching.
I am an experienced Executive and Life Coach, CBT Therapist, Supervisor, Lecturer, and Psychologist. I have more than 15 years of experience (both NHS, charity and private sectors) in helping clients change their thinking patterns, behaviours, increase well-being and ultimately lead a more deep and meaningful life. My strongest assets are my empathy to understand person's fears and challenge the notion of “weakness,” to help guide them to embrace their inner strengths and resources. I build strong relationships and support individuals to explore their emotional intelligence, resilience and facilitate sustainable behavioural changes. I bring a high degree of clinical expertise, compassion and a calming presence, to support and challenge, enabling clients to achieve their goals and transform. I have been lucky enough to have gathered experience spanning from private corporate sectors to charity organisations both in the UK and globally. it has been a facilitative experience so that I can offer a comprehensive enlightening and revealing coaching experience.
These are just some of the areas that I coach:
- Resolving career-related issues, helping you deal with challenges at work, role transitions, managing stress and interpersonal relationships in the workplace;
- Dealing with the practical challenges of juggling work and home-life balance;
- Dealing more effectively with personal issues (such as relationship or family situations) helping you to develop greater self-confidence, better communication and clarity;
- Expanding your social circle and developing a greater sense of adventure;
- Building a more positive and stronger sense of identity, enabling you to be comfortable with the person you are;
- Increasing levels of self-esteem and confidence in who you are & what you do;
- Developing a stronger sense of resilience;
- Live a more meaningful and fulfilled life.
If any of the areas above resonate with you or any other issue you are facing, then please do not hesitate to drop a message or call. Ultimately, coaching is a process that offers a foundation for transformation and self-development.
Training, qualifications & experience
I've achieved an accredited Life Coaching Diploma and a Professional Doctorate in Psychology.
I graduated from the University of Southampton, where I gained:
- a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, BSc
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy, PGDip
- a Masters in Health Psychology, MSc
I further gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from Royal Holloway University.
I'm a Visiting Lecturer specialising in cognitive coaching, applied positive psychology and low self-esteem.
I continue to attend training, workshops and professional development in latest research and techniques.
- Executive coach practitioner
- Innovations in Positive Psychology
- Gestalt Approach
- Acceptance and value based approach
- Cultivating confidence
- CBT advance techniques
Areas of coaching I deal with
I am pleased to offer one-to-one coaching in person either face-to-face, by telephone or online sessions. Online coaching is often a cost efficient and flexible option.
I offer single "active coaching" consultations for a particular issue or a package of 6 or 12 consultations at varying price ranges, so you decide how much you'd like to invest.
Please get in contact for more information on my services or to arrange a free chemistry meeting, which is usually done over the phone/skype with a complimentary 20 minutes consultation.
"My life can be divided into two parts: My life before confidence coaching, and my life starting after. Things are invaluably better."
"Sarah Jane has enabled me to transition from Bain to a different career and she has enabled a stronger sense of my values and fulfillment. Thank you for helping me change my pathway."
"Sarah Jane has a very gentle trustworthy manner and I always came away at the end of each session feeling I knew and respected myself more than I did at the beginning. By the time the course ended I felt I'd been given enough tools and exercises for survival."
"Sarah Jane was attentive and supportive to cater coaching to my specific needs. I felt in good hands and feel a great progression."
I have the following specialisms:
- personal development
- career coaching
- work-life balance
- energy levels
- style: impressions with clothing
- women's issues: dating, marriage, pregnancy, coping with motherhood and returning to work
- body image issues
- happiness consulting
- change in roles or life events: adjustments
- university struggles: academic and university life
- corporate challenges within the work place
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
day time and evening sessions available