75 Park Road
I am a Family Mediator, ACT Therapist, Life Coach and Mindfulness Teacher. Prior to these roles I was a Family and Children Solicitor. I have a wealth of life experience that sits behind the niche practice that I now run. I specialize in helping people who are struggling as the result of the breakdown of a relationship. I am passionate about helping people move beyond the separation to a happy, full and rich life. So, we work together to embrace your life in all it`s colours. As a result helping you to make the very best of this one precious life. I am fully insured and accredited. A member of The Family Mediation Association, The Family Mediation Council, The Association of Coaching, Association of Contextual Behavioral Science and The Mindfulness Association. Offering you a professional, caring and knowledgeable service.
How can I help you?
- I can provide you with a kind, supportive and compassionate space in which to pause.
- Helping you find and use your own inner compass to support and enrich your life.
- I work with you to help you over come the pain of separation and move through the grief cycle.
- I help and guide you to understanding your intuition and purpose so that you are able to live in a more confident, harmonious and authentic way.
- I work with you to change your relationship with stress and anxiety. Enabling you to find joy, happiness and peace in your life.
- I work with older teenagers to help with stress, anxiety and anger that can often come when they are caught up in the breakdown of their parents relationship.
- I offer Well-Being training for professionals working in the Family Justice System together with one to one professional support for staff.
What you can expect from me as your Coach
- That I will treat you in a caring, compassionate and mindful way.
- That I will be none judgmental, allowing and supportive.
- That together we will be curious, open and authentic.
- That I will be positive, aware and respectful.
How do I do it?
I work on a one to one basis. Helping you to identify and accept what is out of your personal control when a relationship breaks down and commit to taking action that improves and enriches your life.
I do this by:
- Teaching you psychological skills to deal with your painful thoughts and feelings effectively – in such a way that they have much less impact and influence over you.
- Helping you to clarify what is truly important and meaningful to you and then use that knowledge to guide, inspire and motivate you to change your life for the better.
Therefore, instead of wasting your time and energy in a fruitless battle with your inner experiences and your ex-partner you can invest your energy in taking life enhancing action.
The support I offer at a time of great upheaval is an opportunity to take some time for yourself, pause, reflect and re-evaluate. Whether you are 18 or 80 a student or top-level executive it is a chance to explore, consider, and make positive life changing decisions leading to a more authentic future that resonates with you on all levels allowing you to take your place in the world.
The sessions can be either face to face or via Skype, face time, telephone or a combination of all the options, whatever suits you best
I have a consulting space in Peterborough at 75 Park Road which also has parking facilities.
What you might expect in your first session
I offer a 20 minute free discovery session by way of a telephone, Skype or face time call. This is an opportunity for you to ask me any questions that you would like answered about myself or the support that I offer. It is also your opportunity to ensure that you have a chance to make an informed decision as to whether I will be the right fit for you and your needs. It is important to me that you feel comfortable with me. If you choose to go ahead with me then we can plan our first session together.
What clients have said about me
I worked with Sara over a number of months and throughout the process I found her to be extremely supportive and compassionate. Sara is a kind and thoughtful person and I would have no hesitation at all in recommending her to anyone.
"My journey time with Sara was profound. She was sensitive, encouraging, yet challenged me whilst supporting my exploration of new paths. Being coached by her exceeded my expectations and I would fully recommend her services.
At the beginning of my journey of discovery with Breathing Space, I struggled with anxiety and very poor confidence. I suffered panic attacks in many situations, from meeting up with friends and family to education related pressures. I have now been taught a wide range of simple tools and skills which have allowed me to discover who I am and have helped me to feel comfortable within myself. I have a complete new outlook on life, have achieved more than I ever thought I could and I am certainly more able to cope with life's struggles. I feel I have transformed from an overly emotional, dependent and nervous fraction of a person, to a more confident, healthier and happier individual, who is more aware of what she is capable of achieving.'
"Sara has helped me cope with a painful experience and built my self-awareness and confidence to face the future with new strategies and positivity. She is kind, easy to talk to, supportive and encouraging as well as being very skilled at drawing out underlying issues and challenging me. Sara is sensitive to my individual needs and preferences and flexible in her approach. Our sessions are always thought-provoking, interesting and positive and I would not hesitate to recommend Sara."
Client facing Divorce
Sara is an amazing public speaker, mentor, motivator and development coach.
I have been honoured to have used her personal development coach services on two occasions and she has never failed to impress me in two VERY different audiences.
The first time Sara spoke for me was at my Creative Networking event to around 20 businesses, she did an excellent presentation about the failure cycle and how to break out of it. It rang true with many of us and she is still one of the best speakers we have had at the networking breakfast.
The second time I used the services of Sara was for a presentation on the female side of Peterborough prison - there were around 50 female prisoners and Sara did a superb 10 minute presentation which touched many of the prisoners and myself. The presentation was so good in fact that the Prison Director took a copy of it to share with his team.
Sara is an extremely caring, approachable, kind and thoughtful coach, she really cares about the people she works with and is focused on helping others develop personally into the best they can possibly be.
Thank You Sara for two superb presentations - I will continue to recommend you highly to all I come into contact with.
Hazel Cottrell Creative Content Company
Beautiful Souls is a retreat like no other. Sara and Adele offer interesting, useful and fun workshops that left my soul feeling healed and refreshed. I cannot stop telling everyone how wonderful my weekend was!
Michelle retreat attendee
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified Mindfulness Teacher with the Mindfulness Association
- Mindfulness Practitioner Certificate
- Family Mediator with the FMA
- Diploma in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- Certificate in Counselling using the Arts
- Level 5 Diploma in Personal Development Coaching with NLP
- Member of The Association for Coaching
- Member of the Association of Contextual Behavioral Science
- Member of the Mindfulness Association
- UKCC Level 2 Sports Coach
- Law Degree LLB(hons).
It is really important to me that I offer a service that has depth and knowledge. I have spent a lot of time and continue to invest in my skills so that I can bring to my practice that breath of knowledge and repertoire to support my clients. In order to grow it is important to know that you are in safe, caring and experienced hands.
I also have a wealth of life experience that sits behind my coaching practice.
- Former Adviser to the board of the Mindfulness Association
- Former Trustee of a Multi Academy Educational Trust
- Family Mediator
- ACT Coach and Student Mentor at Hampton College
- Qualified Child & Family Solicitor with 20 years experience
- Former member of the Law Society and Child & Family Panelist
- Amateur Artist and Poet
It is through working in these roles and meeting new people from a wide range of backgrounds that I have been able to develop the life experience that allows me to offer the excellent level of emotional support that I do. I have a wide range of skills to draw upon so that I can offer each of my clients a bespoke service tailored specifically for their individual needs.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Mindfulness, Divorce, Separation
Photos & videos
I offer Skype and telephone consultations at a rate of £50 for 60 mins.
Face to face sessions are at a rate of £60 per hour.
I offer a free initial telephone discovery consultation of 20 minutes as an opportunity to ask any questions about me and the coaching process. It is important to me that you feel comfortable and at ease and this initial discussion will allow you the opportunity to decide if we are the right fit.
I am willing to create bespoke packages that can work within your own personal budget and time frame so please do not hesitate to call to discuss your requirements so that together we can devise the best package for your needs.
I provide a half day in-house Well-Being training to Family Justice professions at a rate of £350 for a half day with up to 15 people. I can also devise individual support packages for employees.
I set up Breathing Space to be able to provide Family Mediation and Emotional Support to people following the breakdown in a relationship. Helping them to overcome the challenges of the separation and go on and be the best versions of themselves. I am passionate about making a positive difference to peoples lives and I love what I do. Helping others to find and use their own individual skills and talents to enhance, balance and creatively enrich their lives. I am a fully insured, qualified and accredited Coach, Therapist, Teacher and Mediator with real life experience and a passion for empowering others to flourish.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
1-1 Between 9 am and 7 pm Monday, Wednesday Friday between 4-8 pm Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday mornings between 10-1 pm. I coach face to face or by Skype, telephone or face time.