Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Ready to make the jump? I help public sector professionals who are wanting to step out of a career that is leaving them feeling overwhelmed, bored, and fed up and make the transition to one which is exciting and meaningful.
Have you been thinking of making a career change for months, or maybe even years?
Is this you?
- Stuck in a rut, feeling bored, frustrated, and unhappy
- No longer in a job you love and want to make specific changes but not sure how
- Don’t believe you have transferable skills
- Ready to make a change, but don't know how or where to start
- Reached a point in your life where you want to do something more meaningful in your career, but don't know what exactly
- Feel you have more to offer but are limited by opportunities
- Considering your 1st career change after being in the same job since you left school
- Or maybe it's your 3rd or 4th career change and you're still feeling unfulfilled
- Your job is having a negative impact on other areas of your life and you're looking to change this
I am not the person to support you with your career change if:
- You don't want to commit the time to create the career you want
- You are not prepared to take action
- You don’t want to invest time or money into your future
But, I am the coach for you if:
- You are ready to take control of your future career and create the life you want
- You want to be in a career that is not only fulfilling and rewarding, but which also challenges, excites, and energises you
- You want someone to hold you to account in making the change you desire
- You want to take your career in a new direction or to the next level
- You believe you have more to offer
- You feel you deserve to have more freedom and happiness in your life
- You're committed to taking action but not sure how
- You want to dream...bigger
"Working with Ruth can be challenging but in a good way. She made me think outside of the box and explore issues further, which I found very useful. I feel much more confident with the work I do and have developed my skills since working with Ruth. I would definitely recommend Ruth, she is a very good listener, pushing people to be the very best they can be. She believed in me and really helped boost my confidence."
"Ruth helped me in growing my confidence in my interviewing skills within my role. I found Ruth really listened to me and helped vocalise my thought process which helped me reflect on my practice. She helped me be more confident when asking difficult questions and how to frame them within my role. Ruth provides structured coaching within a relaxed environment. Ruth is understanding, encouraging, helpful and reliable."
"My self-confidence has increased within my role since working with Ruth. She is very supportive, with a massive amount of experience and knowledge which she is happy to share when you need her to."
"Before working with Ruth, the main challenge I faced was being confident in my new role and assertive in the decisions I was making. Ruth helped me to identify and draw on my strengths which have led me to be more comfortable with my style of working. In an organisation where there are endless policies to adhere to, Ruth helped me to navigate this and see the bigger picture in terms of the purpose of my role."
HELLO, I'M RUTH. I'M A CAREER COACH.
Having experienced working within a public sector organisation for a number of years, I know directly what it is like with the intensity and relentless pace of the work, the levels of responsibility you have, and how much it can impact not only your working life but other areas of your life.
Supporting public sector professionals who have come to the decision they want more from their career, I help them to explore infinite possibilities and find real-life solutions to create the career and life they desire.
If you are at the point in your career where you're ready to make the jump out of your current career, with the right level of support and engagement, you can take the next right steps to make extraordinary changes in your career life and create the future you want, even if you do not know exactly what that future might look like.
Face-to-face sessions will be available at my office at Nostell Estate Business Park near Wakefield. This tranquil environment allows me to offer sessions within the dog-friendly office or in the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside and woodlands. You're more than welcome to bring a dog along to the session. Coaching walks give you an opportunity to relax and clear your mind of any distractions, to focus on what you want, and to find the direction you want to go in. Alternatively, sessions can take place remotely via Zoom.
If you're looking to make a career transition, and don't know what to do next, where to start or how to make it happen, then I can help.
There is a reason that now is the time you are looking for a career coach. The decision hasn't just been made on a whim, it has been building up to this point over years. If you could have done it without the challenge, support and accountability, you would have done so already.
Coaching provides you:
- With an opportunity to creatively shine a light on what is holding you back from making changes
- Space to explore, plan and execute possible solutions without judgment or kickstarts you to focus on the next chapter in your life.
- It encourages honesty and authenticity to be the person you want to be and live a life of choice.
- Provides that level of accountability needed to support you as you take action in creating your future career change.
Step Out: Career Transition is a 12-hour career clarity programme spread out over 4 months geared towards taking you from where you are now, with feeling overwhelmed/stressed/bored/fed up/trapped to where you want to be, in a career that energises and excites you, gives you a sense of purpose and meaning and one which you looked forward to each day.
In addition, I offer a 4-hour Walk and Coach session is needed to break through those emotional barriers and challenge those limiting beliefs which might be holding you back and give you the space to process a possible change in your career.
If you're ready to make a change in your career and looking to take the next step, email me to book a free Coaching Conversation which can either take place face to face at Nostell or via Zoom.
For more information on working with me, head to https://www.ruthlewis.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I can confirm that I hold the following qualifications
- MA Applied Coaching.
- Firework Licensed Career Coach.
- Certified Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming | Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming | Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
- Certified Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming in the field of Coaching | Certified VUE NLP Coach.
- Professional Coaching Skills.
- Certified Practitioner of Creating Your Future Coaching™ Techniques.
- BA (Hons) Community Justice (Probation)| BSc (Hons) Psychology| BSc (Hons) Applied Chemistry.
- NVQ level 4 - Community Justice (Working with Offending Behaviour) | Diploma in Probation Studies.
- Working Effectively with Troubled and Troublesome Teenagers.
- Level 4 Preparing for Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
I am an experienced and creative professional with over 25 years’ experience in both the public and private sectors. As well as running my own business, I also helped to create a successful e-commerce business. I am recognised as an individual who is authentic, dedicated and focused, with a strong drive to achieve success and support others to realise their potential.
For the past 17 years, I have been supporting people to identify and overcome a variety of challenges, encouraging thinking beyond their current realms of possibility to create the future they want.
Having personally experienced the benefits of coaching, I believe it has been a crucial component to changing my thinking, to push me out of my comfort zone and take action towards my goals in both my business and life.
Let me support you as you strive to take your career and life to the next level.
Areas of coaching I deal with
£975.00 per session
Free initial in-person or online session
The fee for a 12-hour coaching programme is £975.
Before signing up for any coaching support, I recommend we begin with a free Coaching Conversation which can be booked online through my website. This gives us a chance to explore what has brought you to seek out a coach, what you want to take from the process, how I can support you, and experience coaching firsthand before making a decision.
Please visit my website for more details www.ruthlewis.co.uk
When I work
Sessions are available weekdays, weekends or evenings to fit in around you.
My office is at Nostell Estate Business Park, 6 miles from Wakefield city centre for face-to-face coaching. Free parking is available for the duration of your session. The office and surrounding grounds are dog friendly so you if have a dog, you are welcome to bring them along for your sessions if you don't want to leave them at home! Sessions are also available remotely via Zoom.