Ros Evans - Award Winning Career Coach
Looking to re-focus, re-motivate, re-invent and realise your aspirations?As your coach I can help you to re-evaluate life, restore balance, realise aspirations, re-energise, rebuild confidence and refocus. I use a range of coaching approaches and tools which will help you increase your self-awareness, clarify your goals, recognise and overcome your challenges or barriers and keep you motivated and focused on a fantastic future.
As a learning and development consultant I have spent my career enabling people to achieve their potential and to cope with change and transitions. As a qualified personal performance and career coach, I specialise in working with clients going through major changes in their life or wanting to make them. I have a special interest and expertise in supporting adults on the autistic spectrum to find work and succeed in employment.
Maybe you have worked in a number of different roles but not found your niche; or a graduate starting out in your career; an aspiring entrepreneur looking to launch your first business; a professional looking to return to work after a break; or wanting to progress your career. Perhaps you’re facing an entirely new chapter in the form of retirement or redundancy.
- Recruitment? Job searching and the selection process can be daunting and it’s never been more competitive. Career coaching supports you all the way; enabling you to step back and reflect on your aspirations, strengths and interests; help you rebrand yourself by developing a winning CV and LinkedIn profile, refocusing your job search and honing your interview skills.
- Retention - time to move on and up? Coaching can help you clarify your long term career goals and identify the steps you need to take to succeed, supporting you to review your current situation in terms of experience, strengths and motivation. Through coaching you will explore how you need to develop and what actions you need to take to create the opportunities to achieve your aspirations.
- Re-deployment? Relocation, new roles, changing organisation, moving to a different sector or industry or from employment to self-employment all these scenarios whether imposed of chosen require adapting, being flexible, resilient, learning new skills and building new relationships. Coaching can help you focus on what's really happening, how to cope with change ensuring a smooth transition.
- Relaunching? There are many reasons people take a career break; some chosen such as a sabbatical or parental leave, some breaks are imposed for health reasons, caring for a loved one or redundancy. Coaching can help you refocus on what you want, rebuild your confidence and identify those transferable skills to get you back on the career path.
- Redundancy? Redundancy is a major transition and the impact on confidence, self-esteem, relationships are often underestimated. Coaching provides a vital support at this time helping you to recognise your emotions, deciding on your next steps. Do you want to continue on the same career path or take a new direction? Career coaching helps you to evaluate you skills, focus your job search and prepare for selection.
- Retirement? One of the biggest transitions in life we will make is retiring. It is a time of significant readjustment, which can lead to feelings of lack of purpose and loss of identity. This can impact on relationships and day to day motivation and yet is should be an exciting time. Coaching can be a huge support at this time; exploring your feelings and putting together practical plans for an enjoyable and fulfilling retirement.
Career Coaching Programmes are designed to empower and equip you to achieve you aspirations through working with you on:
- Clarity– over what you want to achieve and how to achieve it
- Appreciation and confidence - in your abilities and strengths
- Regaining control – of your career, your life and direction
- Refocusing – on what’s important to you in your life
- Positivity and motivation – to maximise every single day
- Developing - skills and strategies to achieve your objectives
- Building resilience in handling challenges and adapting to change
- Realisation that transition is a time for opportunity
Working with Autism
This programme provides specialist coaching and mentoring support for those with a diagnosis of autism / Asperger’s or seeking one.
Are you seeking employment, employed or between jobs? Coaching can help you achieve your potential. Together we will look at your current situation, explore what you want to achieve or change and focus on developing self-awareness, skills and strategies to enable you to get there. I will be with you every step of the way to help you build your confidence and resilience. Through coaching and mentoring I can help you:
- Understand your diagnosis and identify the best roles and work environments for you
- Improve your CV, job searching skills and interview skills and prepare for selection processes
- Know when and how to disclose your diagnosis to recruiters, employers, managers and team members
- Understand what Reasonable Adjustments you can request that can help you get a job and succeed at work
- Understand your sensory sensitivities, triggers and develop coping strategies to manage anxiety
- Develop practical strategies to improve organisation and planning
- Become more assertive and communicate effectively with work colleagues and managers
- Develop practical strategies to improve your focus and concentration
- Increase your self-confidence and resilience
If you want support in finding or progressing your career do get in touch.
What my clients say
"Throughout our coaching relationship, I have developed long sustaining strategies that I can use to continue to move forwards to achieving my goals’’. Kate making a transition to self-employed
"Throughout the coaching journey I felt confident and comfortable in Ros’s company. This enabled me to feel relaxed and able to share my deepest thoughts and ideas. This rapport continued to grow throughout the six sessions. I felt valued. I came up with ideas I’d never considered’". Emma in 50’s making a transition to a new career.
“An easy and relaxed environment with a kind, understanding and interested coach made the process of realising my career goals and securing interviews a wonderful experience for which I am thoroughly happy and grateful. Ros was extremely personable and made me feel comfortable and able to share ideas and goals with her. I am moving forward with a refined CV, clear goals, career prospects and interviews. I cannot recommend this process enough for anyone struggling to grasp what they want to do and how to obtain it.” Zoe 22 graduate
“As an individual with learning difficulties, I have found the support Ros has provided incredibly helpful. I used to have great difficulty organising my work, and ensuring that I prioritised effectively. Ros has given me the confidence to communicate these issues to my manager, and helped develop strategies to improve my organisation. I am very grateful for her support”. George -Recent graduate with Executive Functioning difficulties, Dyspraxia and high anxiety.
“Ros is a resourceful coach given her propensity to draw on real life examples, references, and articles to explain a notion, which helps me, understand workplace issues and invoke them in real-life. My coach is also conscientious as to the right use of her communication and interaction that works for me, proffering flexibility as to her approach in regards to sensory sensitivities and methods of interpretation.” Daniel – I.T Professional mid 30s with Autism
“My issue with regards to work was the interview part of the hiring process. I found it very difficult to figure out exactly what the interviewer was asking and what sort of response they wanted. Ros helped me by teaching me the “secret language” of interviews by explaining in an easily understandable manner what the interviewers were really asking and what sort of response to give”. Unemployed 25 year old with Asperger's
“Ros gave me some very useful tips for CV writing which I used to spruce up my CV and cover letters. The approach Ros used was perfect for me as she was very understanding, she also explained things in an easily understandable way and best of all gave explanations for why I should do certain things rather than simply telling me to do them. The greater understanding Ros gave me towards the interview process helped me get a paid industrial placement aiding not only my future prospects, but my ongoing university course as well.” Nathan Undergraduate with Asperger’s and dyslexia
“Ros coached me after I had taken early retirement from full time employment. She has a significant impact on me. Ros was insightful and able to help me articulate and better understand my goals and how I wanted to achieve them in the next phase of my life”. Peter 55 – just taken early retirement
“The coaching sessions provided the structure, guidance and tools I needed to work towards achieving my career goals and balance with my personal life. I am grateful to have a defined plan to work with. It’s very useful to know what my priorities are in future career decisions. I would definitely recommend coaching.” Ella returning to work after maternity leave.
Training, qualifications & experience
Award Winning Coach - 2018 TCA International Coaching Award, Coaching for a Cause
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Diploma In Personal Performance Coaching
Diploma in Corporate and Executive Coaching
BPS level A and B
Myers Briggs Type Indicator Step I and Step II
Image Consultant Trained with Colour me Beautiful
Accredited Autism Trainer with the National Autistic Society
Member of The ICF, Association of Coaching and BPS
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Employment Coaching
- Reinvention Coaching
- Personality profiling
Fees are determined in consultation with each client depending on circumstances.
Coaching is an investment in your future so I offer packages of 4 or 6 sessions although individual sessions can be booked. Concessions are available for packages.
I offer a no obligation free of charge introductory 60 minute complementary session, so you can find out what to expect during a coaching session and ask any questions you have. During this time we will discuss your needs, how coaching can help and how we can best work together. As successful coaching depends on building trust and a strong rapport, most importantly it is to discover if I am the right coach for you.
Coaching sessions are for one hour offered face to face, depending on location, or via Skype or telephone. We work at a pace that suits you. You can book sessions one at a time or in a block to secure a regular day and time that suits you whether in the day or evening.