Roger Hunt - Life coach and Mindfulness guide
The Roots, a guide for the gentle soul
A very warm welcome to my profile here on the Life coach directory and to my coaching and mindfulness training company, Alder Tree Mindfulness.
I set out on a journey a decade ago, to rediscover the joy of living. Feeling discontented, never really fitting in anywhere and several wake up calls later, stepped out onto a path of discovery that I share and support others on today. Self-growth, awareness, acceptance, and living a gentle life in a sometimes harsh world have become my hobby, passion and now work. Now based in Derby, I offer workshops, retreats, and one to one coaching to help others discover their true authentic passion, purpose, and meaning in life, creating a life that is impactful, insightful, and contented, with a big dose of self-care and compassion.
Am I the right coach for you?
It is important to find the right coach for you, to sense that click with someone. Before we embark on a coaching journey together, I want us to talk, to chat, to ensure that we are right for each other before you commit. So the first thing will be us talking together informally, free of charge and no obligation. This can be over a secure zoom meeting or on the telephone. I include some questions below also that can help you to make sure we are the right fit together, it is not exhaustive, so I always say, let us chat together and see!
- Have you come through something, a life change or an event that has made you think about your next steps, or think about what life really is. Now, on the other side of the event, you are wondering what pathways are opening?
- Do you find yourself living on autopilot, just going through the motions?
- Do you catch glimpses of joy and contentment in life but what to explore it further?
- Are the challenges of life buffeting you around and you want to find some solid ground?
- Are you at midlife and wondering what the future holds?
- Are you tired of exhaustion, competition, and comparison?
- Do you want to learn how to switch off more, to be more present with life?
- Is social media taking over your life? the phone is the first thing you look at in the morning and the last thing at night?
- Do you long for that deep sense of meaning, connection, and purpose in life?
If you have answered yes to one or more of the above, I think we will be a good fit. All my coaching sessions are bespoke for you, it's not one size fits all, instead, I walk alongside you, exploring together what it is that you need from this journey.
If reading this has sparked something, just one little thing has resonated, lets talk.
About Alder Tree Mindfulness
Walk alongside a river or body of water and you are likely to come across a grove of Alder Trees. Not showy trees, they don't grow very tall but they hold a little bit of magic within their roots. The wonderful Alder has the ability to restore, enrich, and nourish the ground in which they grow, allowing other plants and trees to flourish and thrive.
The story of the Alder inspires our work here to help others to restore, thrive, and flourish.
At Alder Tree Mindfulness we offer free 30 minute online guided meditations every Wednesday from 1900 to 1930.
On the first Saturday of every month, we host a longer mindfulness training session which can be attended in-person (spaces limited) or online via zoom.
Various other training and events throughout the year, please head over to our website for more information....
Alder Tree Mindfulness The Podcast
A weekly podcast is available to listen to on our website or all the major podcast platforms.
A Grateful Journey - The Nurturer and The Storyteller
Co-creator on "The grateful journey" The nurturer and the Storyteller. Working alongside Caroline Anthony of https://www.coachingfromthecroft.co.uk/
Gratitude training | Youtube channel | workshops
You won't find us on the normal social media platforms, in our drive to step away from comparison, algorithms, ads, and noise, we have found a little home for our online community on a platform called MeWe. No ads, no algorithms, and most of all less noise. We have a supportive and wonderful community that is slowly growing. Open to all that attend workshops, coaching, and events and a great way to stay in touch and continue the journey together.
Life through Covid-19
During this challenging time, we have pledged to offer as much support as we can to our community and beyond. All coaching sessions can be held either online via secure zoom meeting, or if you prefer face to face sessions, this can be arranged at our Covid Secure offices in Derby, free parking, lots of room, a safe and welcoming environment.
Throughout the pandemic, we are offering free guided meditation sessions every Wednesday evening from 1900 to 1930.
If you have been affected financially by the pandemic but still want to access our services, please contact me, let's talk, if we can remove any barriers to you accessing support through this time we will do.
A warm welcome
Whether it is one to one coaching or our group sessions, you will be assured of a warm welcome, a friendly smile, and lots of support on this journey of life. I look forward to talking with you further.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 5 diploma in performance coaching with NLP
Trained mindfulness teacher through mindfulness CIC, train to teach programme.
Currently studying towards the MBSR (Mindfulness-based stress reduction) train to teach programme with Mindfulness UK, studying towards registration with BAMBA (British association of mindfulness-based applications).
Committed to the UK's code of practice for mindfulness teachers.
Member of European mentoring and coaching council, adhering to their strict code of conduct and high standards.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Free 20 minute introduction session.
£60 per 90 minutes 1-2-1 coaching session.
Sessions can take place at our Covid secure offices in Derby by prior arrangement or online via secure and confidential, Zoom meeting.
- An absolutely excellent mindfulness/meditation teacher and life coach. Roger is not just highly qualified, skilled and knowledgeable, but he is also one of the most genuine, kind and compassionate people you could ever wish to meet. Having done a 5 week meditation course and subsequent life coaching with Roger, I can honestly say it's been life changing. I can't recommend Alder Tree Mindfulness enough! LindaS
- A quality experience learning mindfulness, meditation, growth mindshift, challenging limiting beliefs and finding the joy in life. Life seems a lot less stressful with the practice Roger teaches. He is patient, non-judgemental and comes from a place of authenticity and genuine practice. Would definitely recommend. ChrisO
- In these troubled times a place of reflection and tranquility where you can learn to stop and pause. Step off the whirlwind of modern life for a moment, you'll not regret it. IanM
- Roger takes you on a journey as a wonderfully emotive storyteller within creating a safe space for mindfulness. Totally recommend Roger. CarolineA