Hi, welcome to The MindShed well-being and life coaching. My name is Roger and I am a fully qualified life coach, NLP practitioner and Mindfulness meditation teacher.
How can Coaching help you
Using a person centred approach, I am passionate about helping you on your life's journey, to feel fully alive and vital, to tap into an inner joy at the core of your being so that this journey of life is not a rush to the finish line but more a wonderful adventure.
Have you ever asked yourself the question
"What is it that I need to fully step into my life, to embrace it to the full, to feel alive and vital, to achieve my goals and aspirations day by day, step by step, but most of all to be happy!"
If so then my 1-2-1 coaching sessions can help you to explore this and more...
- Build better personal and professional relationships
- Develop a stronger self-belief
- Make some great life decisions
- Achieve a greater understanding of how you relate to the past, present and future
- Develop skills in neuro linguistic programming to explore how you see the world through your senses and to bring clarity and purpose to your life’s journey.
- Learn how to build a solid foundation of kindness and compassion to fully embrace your true authentic self.
- Develop skills in mindfulness and meditation to bring stability, resilience and calm to your life.
- To be happy regardless of outside circumstances
- To harness the restorative powers of nature (1-2-1 coaching sessions take place by arrangement at the beautiful community garden and woodland at Whistlewood Common, Melbourne, Derbyshire)
Throughout the year, I also offer a programme of group workshops and courses, exploring the wonderful art of mindfulness and meditation, NLP and group coaching.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in performance coaching and NLP. 538 hour programme of study accredited by the National council of Psychotherapists
- Full member of the National council of Psychotherapists (Roger Hunt MNCP), adhering to professional standards for a safe and ethical practice.
- undertaken a 12 month train to teach pathway with Mindfulness CIC and committed to ongoing supervision and support as detailed in the UKs good practice guidelines for mindfulness teachers.
- Member of Mindfulness CIC teacher training network
- 1-2-1 coaching, group workshops, face to face and online.
- CPD accredited mental health first responder training
- Level 3 NVQ in advice and guidance
- 10 years work experience as an employment advisor for private and public sector
- 9 years working as an operations manager, mentoring staff, managing operations and supporting the business to thrive.
- I have my own daily practice of mindfulness and meditation and write about this journey on my blog at www.themindshed.co.uk
- Full professional indemnity insurance
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Finding peace, contentment and stillness in life
- Well-being and happiness
Photos & videos
1-2-1 Free Initial introductory call
Before commencing with any coaching session, it is important that you feel comfortable and at ease with the process and that you have a very good understanding of what coaching involves. I offer a free 30 minute introductory session which allows you time to get to know me and ask any questions that you may have. It also allows me to get to know you a little more so that the future sessions are planned bespoke for you.
Introductory calls are made via telephone or Zoom online meetings (a simple link will be sent to you to click at the time of the meeting)
1-2-1 Coaching Fees
30 minute introductory call free of charge. Several coaching packages available
a) Finding some solid ground
Includes 3 x 90 minute 1-2-1 coaching sessions and follow up email support in between sessions. Designed to bring stillness, clarity and solid ground into your life. Perfect if you feel that life is rushing by and you just want to find some space and peace in all the chaos.
b) Awaken to life
Includes 6 x 90 minute 1-2-1 coaching session and follow up email support in between sessions. We take a clear, honest look at your life, exploring what it is that makes you feel awake, alive and vital, we look at where you are going and where you want to go in this journey of life as well as discovering how you can fall in love again with life and this beautiful present moment. Together we put an action plan together to make the life that you want turn into a reality, awakening to life as you were born to. Includes access to invitation only day retreats and workshops at a discounted rate.
c) Discovery and transformation including mindfulness meditation retreats.
The most comprehensive and transformative package. Includes 2 x 2 day retreats held at a stunning location in the midlands and 10 x 1-2-1 coaching sessions with follow up email support. We start the 12 month journey with a 2 day non residential retreat to aid stillness, clarity and to start the work of uncovering your inner joy and contentment amongst other like minded people. This is then followed up with 10 x 1-2-1 coaching sessions where we unpack and discover your best self, and really hone in on what it is you want from life and together we take the steps towards this transformation. At the end of the 12 months we come together again as a group for a closing 2 day non residential retreat to celebrate the year together as a group.
This package is restricted to 15 people per year. Please contact for more details
Sessions can take place either
- Online via Zoom meeting system. This is a confidential and secure, interactive online meeting system. Can be accessible from anywhere in the country.
- Face to face appointments available by arrangement. Several locations available
Group workshops and courses are offered throughout the year. These are usually held (unless otherwise stated) at The Roundhouse, Whistlewood Common Derbyshire.
Workshops and courses are listed on the website
Need to know a bit more…
The catalyst to my work here at The Mind Shed comes from spending quite some years not showing up in this world as my true authentic self. Following the death of a close family member I was spurred on to find my life's true purpose and to make the very best of this one time offer of life we are given.
My story is not unique, I am sure most if not all of us have lost people close to us in our life, for me it was the short sharp slap across the face that set me off on this journey to explore and discover what this life is all about, what it is that makes us human beings tick and how we can step out of our own way in order to fully embrace life.
This exploration has taken me through highs and lows of self discovery, but more than anything a true sense of returning home, back to my true authentic self.
Today, as a fully qualified life coach and mindfulness meditation teacher, my wish is to help you on your own unique and amazing journey through life, to make some great life decisions and to feel contented and fulfilled so that you are not racing to the end but celebrating and embracing this most wonderful gift of life we are given.
“Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others. Anytime we can listen to true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves, but for the many others whose lives we touch.”
Parker J. Palmer
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Wheelchair access location can be provided for face to face sessions. Online Zoom meeting sessions also available.
Evenings and weekend appointment available