Peter Welch - qualified coach, thinking partner & coach supervisor
What I offer
I help people to be more successful with making career changes, building confidence, personal development and being effective at work.
I offer 121 coaching and 'thinking partner' sessions either face-to-face or by Zoom/MS Teams/Google Hangouts/WhatsApp/Skype or by telephone, often in the areas of finding work/life rhythm, being more effective in the workplace, making big changes in your life and career transitions, and being a fantastic leader. I often help people be effective in the related areas of leadership, change, performance, and communication skills.
Working as your 'thinking partner' involves lots of listening and asking questions, being just at your shoulder supporting you as you move forward with ideas and plans. It's about bringing out the best in you by tapping into your ideas and creativity. Great for groups too! Visit the community space at https://www.peterwelchpartnership.com/
I also offer coaches and mentors 121 and group supervision, to support you with those 'tricky issues' that clients may throw at us occasionally! Coach supervision is available 1-1 by Zoom/MS Teams/Google Hangouts/WhatsApp.
My style is friendly, supportive yet challenging in the right places! I try to help you to understand what your issues and goals are, then help you to achieve your plans by resourcing yourself well.
Locally, I mainly work in South Shropshire and can cover Shrewsbury, Telford, Ironbridge, Ludlow, Church Stretton areas. I mostly work virtually at a time to suit us both.
A little about me
I live in south Shropshire in a small conservation village, with my wife. We enjoy walking, photography, reading, cooking for each other, travelling abroad (Covid permitting), and enjoying 'world music'. I also teach West African drumming at local workshops (you didn't expect that, did you!)
Since becoming an independent coach and mentor over 20 years ago, I have worked with executives, and senior managers in private, public and voluntary sectors including multi-cultural organisations and charities. I've also run a successful learning and development consultancy.
My coaching and thinking partner practice offers support to many professionals and coaches, and I have set up a number of coaching and supervision communities. I benefit from regular supervision myself and maintain an active CPD learning journal, to sustain my coaching accreditations.
I often work in the related areas of leadership, change, performance, and communication skills. I've recorded a few video shorts for you to preview below - about me, life coaching, and coach supervision.
Benefits of coaching with Peter
- Talk confidentially in a supportive space to explore your issues, challenges and ideas and to move forward on your personal development goals
- Help you to see what's holding you back or see the strengths you have, that can enable you to achieve your hopes and ambitions
- Make rapid progress towards your goals
- Feel resourceful and confident to tackle the difficult hurdles
How I work with coaching clients (you)
Once you've made contact, I will:
- explain how coaching could work in your situation and the potential benefits
- outline my style of coaching and my values
- agree a series coaching sessions (or one-off if needed)
- develop a timeline to achieve your coaching needs, typically over 3-4 months, but this can be shorter or longer depending on your agenda and urgency
- clarify the payment based on your selection and number of coaching sessions
Once we've agreed the basic 'contract', I will send you some helpful documents to get you started and to clarify your needs. We can then plan our first coaching session at a time and place convenient to us both.
At our first session, we will get to know each other and ensure that we're compatible to work together, explain my role and how confidentiality will be protected, and begin coaching to get momentum going, map out future coaching sessions and support. We will achieve pretty rapid but sustainable results...
I will regularly seek feedback on how the coaching is going for you, and make changes as guided by you. Towards the end of the series, we will review overall progress, successes and any steps still to be taken.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the Association for Coaching – MAC level (regularly re-accredited)
- Diploma in Performance Coaching
- Diploma in Coaching Supervision, from The Coaching Supervision Academy (regularly re-accredited)
- Winner of the Contributions to Coaching Supervision Award, 2019 by Coaching at Work magazine
- NLP Diploma; FIRO ‘B’ qualified; Appreciative Inquiry & Solutions Focus trained
- Team Coaching Certificate - Prof Peter Hawkins, Bath Consultancy Group
- MA - Learning in Organisations from Brighton University
- Founder of Peter Welch Partnership, a thinking partner service for individuals and groups: https://www.peterwelchpartnership.com/
- Co-founder & ex-board member for the association of coaching supervisors: https://www.associationofcoachingsupervisors.com/supervisors/profiles/peter-welch
- With many years of experience to draw on, and a background in commercial, corporate and independent life, I am well-placed to support most people. I actively maintain my learning by reading widely, attending relevant workshops and webinars, attending coaching groups, and by having supervision myself. I'm also a part-time, self-taught musician...
Please click on the logos below to visit my LinkedIn or 'partnership' pages:
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Association of Coaching Supervisors
Association of Coaching Supervisors
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- thinking partner to work through your thoughts and ideas
- being more effective in the workplace
- making big changes in your life
- career change and transitions to a new role
- coaching supervision for coaches and mentors, both 121 or in groups
Free initial online session
- Try before you buy offer: 'taster' session of 30 minutes free by Zoom/MS Teams/WhatsApp/Google Hangouts/Skype and telephone
- £380 for series of 4 sessions by Zoom/MS Teams/WhatsApp/Google Hangouts/Skype or telephone; no VAT applied. No f2f sessions at present due to Coronavirus!
- Try before you buy offer: 'taster' session of 30 minutes free by Zoom/MS Teams/WhatsApp/Google Hangouts/Skype or telephone
- +15% on your coaching hourly rate or £110 per session/£420 for series of 4 sessions by Zoom/MS Teams/WhatsApp/Google Hangouts/Skype or telephone
- Group supervision (up to 6 coaches) series of 4 group sessions for £180 per head/£45 per session equivalent, using Zoom/MS Teams/WhatsApp/Google Hangouts
- Schools/FE sector: from £550 per half day equivalent
- Not-for-profit/charity sector: from £950 per half day equivalent
- Smaller private enterprises: from £1000 per half day equivalent
- Large private enterprises: from £1250 per half day equivalent
Team Coaching Supervision: fees available on request, based on half day equivalent or per series as agreed
M-Th, 9-6 or at a time to suit us both
Please visit my website for more information about the work I do with clients and organisations: http://www.peterwelchcoaching.co.uk & https://www.peterwelchpartnership.com/ for thinking partner work.
A few genuine testimonials from happy clients:
'You've helped me to achieve a structure for my transition, asked the right questions, and I feel more comfy in my task - it's been fun too!' - CEO in transition
"Peter, I just wanted to say thanks for our session today. It was really valuable to me and provided the nudge I needed around a few things. I really enjoy and value working with you." Director of coaching company
“Many thanks for a useful and productive session today. I am being mindful about ‘letting go to let come’ - thanks for the reminder about that mantra“ - Trainer and coach
"As my self-confidence in approaching this career change had been low, Peter provided a crucial empowerment tool to anchor a much-needed resource along this path. Overall, this has given me a greater sense of empowerment with my career change." HR Business Partner
"Thank you so much for our last meeting, and your input. As usual, you have added so much value to the conversation just in listening so carefully. It's amazing that you always know the right way forward for my current issue." Coach & lecturer
"Thank you again for your insightful and thought-provoking supervision. I feel so much more comfortable in my coaching skin being supported by you, after my year of studying, coaching and reflection. If your ears were burning not long after we spoke it was because I was singing your praises!" Exec coach
"Having coach supervision has been invaluable!" MD of Coaching company
"It was very useful to be able to discuss shared experiences and learn from Peter and my colleagues about how they have tackled coaching situations in the past. It was useful to test out my own approach and style to ensure they were appropriate and to understand how I could have done something differently." - specialist in a major charity (part of supervision group)
"Peter expertly facilitated the sessions and helped create an open and relaxed environment, which brought the group together. I found Peter very professional and easy to talk to and I gained a great deal of knowledge and understanding about coaching" - manager in a major charity (part of supervision group)
"Fabulous session as always. I really liked the way you supervised using the 'magic bag'!" - Coach supervision group member