Pat Kirby: Coach, Trainer, Facilitator
Why come to me?
Yes, I am a good listener. I am empathetic. I am an experienced HR professional. I have rich and varied life experience.
But that goes for a lot of people. None of those attributes guarantee a productive coaching experience.
One of my clients once described my coaching as ‘sorcery’. We spent an hour talking about next steps in his career as a DJ/Producer, and at the end of that hour he had decided what he was going to do. I know nothing about producing, which is what he found so astounding considering the outcome he achieved. What I did know, however, was how to:
– Raise his awareness so that he could zero in on what he wanted to do
– Assist him in creating a practical, step-by-step action plan to reach his goal
– Provide on-going support through any changes or obstacles
– Keep him on track
Coaching, sadly, is not sorcery – there are no tricks, no smoke or mirrors – but it does include solid tools and techniques that get the job done. We will focus on:
Identifying goals | Objective setting | Action planning | Execution | Achieving results
If that’s the sort of assistance you need, then we are on the same page.
What matters to me
After long careers in the public and third sector, mostly working within HR and Learning & Development, I took early retirement to become a freelance coach. Coaching - including the facilitation of Action Learning Sets - is far and away the most satisfying and worthwhile work I ever did during my time as an employee, and is the occupation at which I can be of most service as a freelance professional.
My mission is to provide results-driven, pragmatic coaching and facilitation, to those who need it, at an affordable price. I believe in helping my clients to identify their goals or issues; plan how to tackle them; develop actions to achieve them; and then implement them.
My vision is to see coaching regarded as a viable, practical development opportunity for everyone - not just senior managers.
My values include: Loyalty, honesty, fairness, humour, authenticity, acceptance, personal responsibility and punctuality
What inspires me as a coach:
- Type 2 Diabetes Lifestyle Management: Helping the newly diagnosed, or those struggling, to get to grips with the condition
- Life planning: Working with people who are looking to review to their life and how they live it. I have a special interest women looking to make the best of their middle years and beyond
- Career planning: Goal setting with new and aspiring managers, newly promoted managers (at all levels) and job-seekers, of all ages
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – Open University
- Fellow – Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD)
- Member – Chartered Management Institute (MCMI)
- Member – Association for Coaching (MAC)
- Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring, Level 7 – ILM
- Certificate in Action Learning Facilitation, Level 5 – ILM
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management – Open University
- 725 Direct Trainers Award – City and Guilds
- Nutrition Specialist Diploma – Future Fit
- Foundation in Life Coaching - The Coaching Academy
- Mediation Skills – TCM
- Negotiation Skills – Hemsley Fraser
CPD via Coaching Focus:
- An Introduction to NLP for Coaches – The Lazarus Consultancy
- Coaching Different Cultures – Alison Maxwell (Alison Maxwell Coaching Ltd)
- Barriers to Coaching Effectiveness – Dr Alison Carter
- Introducing Your Brain – Virginia Brown (Catalysis)
Worked with clients from:
- Jewish Care
- Jewish Legacy
- York Road Project
plus, private individuals
See my website for testimonials
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Type 2 Diabetes Management
All initial consultations free.
Coaching sessions last one hour. These can be charged individually or block booked at a discount.
My rates for private individuals (self-funding) are highly preferential.
- Reflective Practice
- Action Learning
- Group Facilitation
- Training days
to be priced individually, dependent on content and duration.
- Free initial consultation
- I offer flexible hours from between 9:00am - 11:00pm inclusive, up to 5 days per week
- I have great success with coaching via Skype/Zoom/Messenger - a safe, convenient option, particularly for out-of-hours sessions. All my evening work is done this way
- I charge public transport rates for required travel
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
09:00 - 23:00 Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday. 13:00 - 23:00 Wednesday. Not generally available on Thursday and Saturday