Pat Kirby: Coach, Trainer, Facilitator
Why come to me?
Yes, I am a good listener. I am empathetic. I am an experienced HR professional. I have rich and varied life experience.
But that goes for a lot of people. None of that guarantees a productive coaching experience.
You need purpose, direction and clarity. I’ll help you find this, so that you’ll get a plan together, act on it, and achieve your goals.
I am a Coach, a Trainer, a Facilitator, and a HR Document Writer.
I work with organisations to help individuals and teams work better, especially in a time of change.
I coach managers through transition periods, like taking up a leadership role or improving their team’s performance.
Beyond that, when an organisation needs that extra skill, knowledge and resource to get the job done, I create HR documents and communications that people can understand and want to read.
Additionally, I love to work with private individuals, as they rethink their direction, whether in terms of their career or general path in life.
I specialise in working with those with Type 2 Diabetes, to help them manage – and even reverse – the symptoms of the condition.
Regardless of why you hire me, we will always focus on:
Identifying goals | Objective setting | Action planning | Execution | Achieving results
If that’s the sort of assistance you need, then we are on the same page.
What matters to me
After long careers in the public and third sector, mostly working within HR and Learning & Development, I took early retirement to become a freelance coach. Coaching - including the facilitation of Action Learning Sets - is far and away the most satisfying and worthwhile work I ever did during my time as an employee, and is the occupation at which I can be of most service as a freelance professional.
My mission is to provide results-driven, pragmatic coaching and facilitation, to those who need it, at an affordable price. I believe in helping my clients to identify their goals or issues; plan how to tackle them; develop actions to achieve them; and then implement them.
My vision is to see coaching regarded as a viable, practical development opportunity for everyone - not just senior managers.
My values include: Loyalty, honesty, fairness, humour, authenticity, acceptance, personal responsibility and punctuality
What inspires me as a coach:
- Type 2 Diabetes Lifestyle Management: Helping the newly diagnosed, or those struggling, to get to grips with the condition
- Life planning: Working with people who are looking to review to their life and how they live it. I have a special interest women looking to make the best of their middle years and beyond
- Career planning: Goal setting with new and aspiring managers, newly promoted managers (at all levels) and job-seekers, of all ages
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – Open University
- Fellow – Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD)
- Member – Chartered Management Institute (MCMI)
- Member – Association for Coaching (MAC)
- Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring, Level 7 – ILM
- Certificate in Action Learning Facilitation, Level 5 – ILM
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management – Open University
- 725 Direct Trainers Award – City and Guilds
- Nutrition Specialist Diploma – Future Fit
- Foundation in Life Coaching - The Coaching Academy
- Mediation Skills – TCM
- Negotiation Skills – Hemsley Fraser
CPD via Coaching Focus:
- An Introduction to NLP for Coaches – The Lazarus Consultancy
- Coaching Different Cultures – Alison Maxwell (Alison Maxwell Coaching Ltd)
- Barriers to Coaching Effectiveness – Dr Alison Carter
- Introducing Your Brain – Virginia Brown (Catalysis)
Worked with clients from:
- Jewish Care
- Jewish Legacy
- York Road Project
- Affinity Trust
plus, private individuals
See my website for testimonials
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Type 2 Diabetes Management
All initial consultations free.
Coaching sessions last one hour. These can be charged individually or block booked at a discount.
My rates for private individuals (self-funding) are highly preferential.
- Reflective Practice
- Action Learning
- Group Facilitation
- Training days
to be priced individually, dependent on content and duration.
- Free initial consultation
- I offer flexible hours from between 9:00am - 11:00pm inclusive, up to 5 days per week
- I have great success with coaching via Skype/Zoom/Messenger - a safe, convenient option, particularly for out-of-hours sessions. All my evening work is done this way
- I charge public transport rates for required travel
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
09:00 - 23:00 Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday. 13:00 - 23:00 Wednesday. Not generally available on Thursday and Saturday