I am a Mental Health Nurse and a Life Coach, I support children and teenagers age 9 years and above to be the best version of themselves and to be able to approach life with a more positive mindset.
Having worked as a Mental Health Nurse within various sectors such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health services, Prison service, Looked After children team, I have seen first-hand how young people’s mental health and physical health can be negatively impacted if challenging situations are not handled and dealt with in good time.
Young people continue to face increasing pressure from peers, social media and they feel the need to conform.
Coaching can help the young person develop life skills and to build resilience in managing those challenges that come their way.
My purpose is to support and empower young people to be the best version of themselves and achieve their goals.
As interesting and adventurous being a young person, a teenager or a young adult can be, it can also be a very trying and challenging time for the individual and the loved ones they have. Life events can present situations that can affect and stretch the young person, their family, their relationship with others, their performance at school, their confidence level and their transition into adulthood.
The young person can feel withdrawn and unable to communicate their worries, this can make people around see them as being unserious, challenging and difficult.
In cases like this, I step in to:
- Identify the problem and how to go about solving it
- Support them in setting and achieving goals
- Help them identify attitudes and behaviours that need to change
- Help the young person to build their confidence
- Help them discover what makes them come alive
- Help them identify their potentials and how to build on it
- Help them identify who and what they need to achieve their goals.
Who I Work With
- Prisoners and Ex-offenders
- Primary and Secondary students
- Individuals with mild learning needs
- Mental Health service users
"It was a great opportunity to be coached by Olajumoke. Unlike most people she was not quick in providing me with witty answers or quick replies. Rather she was patient and encouraging enough to ensure that i find my way in providing answers which suited me and that i could achieve. She was also mindful to make me bring my immediate tasks forward and helped me go about my school assignments. She taught me to prioritise important things first and to take efficient steps in achieving it. In all this i have achieved much more than i bargained for."
These are some of the results achieved through coaching with young people:
- Improved academic performance
- Goal Setting and better organisational skills
- Improved time management skills
- Overcoming limiting beliefs
- Increased positivity and motivation
- Identifying what they are passionate about and going for it
- Going into employment
- Reduced involvement in crime and risk of reoffending
- Reduced risk or relapse in their mental health
- Going into education or apprenticeship
- Better behaved young person
- Clarity of purpose and identity.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons Mental Health Nursing
- Personal Performance Coaching Qualification
- Coaching within Education Qualification
- Group Coaching Diploma
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Coaching within education
£60.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
I offer a free 30minutes Consultation.
Packages - 6 x Sessions £360.00
9:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday I am able to work flexibly to accommodate the certain requirements.
Offering coaching as an after school club on a 1 to 1 or group basis.
Parent Workshops available to support parents of young people.