Having worked for over two decades in HR, Training, Coaching & Organisational Development (as both consultant and in-house expert), I've developed a broad range of tools and approaches to assist clients wishing to carve out their ideal career or life path, overcome an obstacle or navigate a major transition. I also have extensive recruitment experience: designing job descriptions, person specifications and interview questions, chairing interview panels, training managers on interview technique and devising assessment activities. As a qualified specialist in people development and an NLP Practitioner, I bring to the coaching room an informed, insightful and encouraging approach. I'm my clients' professional coach and cheerleader!
Most clients tend to contact me initially because of my professional HR background and with career aspirations in mind, then soon realise that I am passionate about helping individuals reach their potential and achieve fulfilment and balance across many other areas of life. My coaching programmes support them in achieving clarity about their right direction, no 'shoulds' or judgements made on the path they are choosing, how much they aim to earn or how conventional or unconventional their choices may seem to others. My clients set the agenda; so whatever obstacle, crossroad or goal has come up in their life that they wish to tackle, that's where the coaching will go.
In summary, I support my clients to establish a strong sense of purpose and a plan for getting there.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 20 years + experience working in HR, Training, Coaching and Organisational Development across various sectors, as both consultant and in-house expert
- 5 years running own Life & Career Coaching practice
- Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching & Mentoring (Institute of Leadership & Management)
- Chartered Member of the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner
- MSc in Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Studies (2:1)
- Vocational Assessor Awards
- Diploma in Stress Management for Trainers
Areas of coaching I deal with
Please contact for further detail as bespoke programmes and associated payment plans are available.
For further information and testimonials: www.nicolathompson.me