I am an ICF accredited associate coach based in East Lothian and Edinburgh, and offer 1-1 coaching to:
- People who find themselves at a crossroads, and want to experience a more fulfilling and satisfying life, and want direction and perspective to help them achieve this.
- Those with more specific goals such as becoming more confident in public speaking, giving presentations, assertive communication.
- People seeking support with stress and time management.
I am a professionally trained Gestalt coach who also uses tools and ideas from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Transactional Analysis (TA) to support my clients to achieve their coaching outcomes.
My approach can best be described as depth coaching. Experience has shown me that quick fixes, rarely translate into sustainable change, especially if they aren’t underpinned with focussed support.
I coach from the assumption that, by fully exploring, experiencing and acknowledging your current dilemma/situation, as it is now, a shift begins to happen. Clients experience what can be described as an ‘Aha’ moment, sudden awareness or clarity. For me, this process creates the energy for lasting change in behaviour or perception to occur.
Clients tell me they have a deeper level of self-awareness and understanding of themselves “It is a journey of self-discovery, and rediscovery” (SP: Borders Council)
There are a number of principles that guide me as a coach:
- Safety and confidentiality, a safe space where you can talk freely and explore your thoughts and ideas, without judgment.
- Collaboration, I walk alongside you, I do not tell you what you should or should not do.
- You are the expert in your life and circumstances, capable of generating solutions that are right for you.
- Support, and, sometimes, I will challenge, to bring into focus, resistance or blind spots.
- Difference is valued; each person is unique, with their own lived experience. I will not pretend I know what it is like to be you.
- We all have biases, myself included. I will pay attention to my reactions to you, whilst you talk.
- We all have choices, although it does not always feel this way. Each of us has different choice points, limited by social, economic and physical environments we find ourselves in.
You will be working with a coach who:
- Is focussed on your agenda and invested in your outcomes.
- Is impartial, skilled, experienced and a trained professional.
- Listens at depth, supports you to listen to yourself.
- Will help you explore your beliefs, needs values and identity.
- Encourages you to experiment with new ways of thinking and behaving in order to realise your goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
ICF accredited associate coach, trained in Gestalt coaching.
Systemic coaching and constellations part one and two.
I draw on 20 years of professional experience of supporting people who want to bring about change in a life or work context; I have been coaching and mentoring for 15 years informally, and formally as a life and work coach for five years.
I am fully committed to ethical and professional practice. I abide by the International Coach Federation code of ethics. I regularly receive supervision. I continue to learn through the latest research and train in new skills and ways that will benefit my clients.
“Nasra’s style is not aimed at changing who we are, but looks at how one perceives the world, their surroundings and them self. It primarily aims at encouraging one to look into human characteristics that define ‘self’... it is a journey of self-discovery, and rediscovery.
I like that each session has a focus and builds on the one before, Nasra is skilled at helping make links with previous conversations, I come away with a deeper understanding about my triggers, behaviour and reactions to certain people and situations”
"Nara is open, easy to talk to and often, during coaching sessions, it is surreal how easily she understands and communicates what may be going on for someone.
In our sessions, I have a habit of going off piece, Nasra is very aware of when to bring the session back into focus, something that is useful in keeping my goal in focus."
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Life coaching – for working out issues not limited to your work context.
Assertiveness coaching – for working on specific issues affecting your confidence.
Employee coaching – for ambitious individuals who want to move into something more satisfying in their organisation.
Mid-life transitions – for greater clarity on what you want in your ‘second adulthood’.
- Initial telephone consultation - free.
- One hour - £60.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|