How I help
I help you become more personally effective by helping to develop your emotionally intelligence and striving self. As an independent coach, learning and leadership specialist I can support you with your business, personal growth, career and development challenges.
My services can be personal to you or focused on your wider team or organisational performance. Area's of expertise include:
- Career transition
- Taking the step from being managed to being a manager or leader
- Increasing business performance
- Increasing goal directedness
- Increasing self regard
- Building better relationships with others and yourself
- Identifying and developing resilience
- Building and managing high performing teams
My coaching model is solution focused and has been designed to help you gain the most out of coaching and mentoring whilst maintaining a balance with your busy work and personal lives. I do this by leveraging a variety of tools and resources to help transition your growing awareness, skills and behaviours into the workplace where it can be of value. These include:
- online profiling tools to better understand your personality, emotional intelligence and personal striving style
- virtual (Skype/Zoom) and traditional meetings to engage and collaborate with you
- a mobile digital App to support your behavioural change at home or in the workplace through a unique 21 day habit tracker, feelings wheel and range of development resources focused on building personal effectiveness through emotional intelligence.
My philosophy is to help individuals and teams, large or small, successfully navigate the lumps and bumps encountered during business or career change. Metaphorically speaking its about having the confidence, skills and attitude to handle a career off piste rather than one safely skiing the well-groomed nursery slopes.
I pride myself on being results driven and will work closely with you to achieve your development, organisational or career goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 25 years’ experience working in Business, HR, L&D and coaching. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, and I am passionate about helping people develop and succeed in their chosen career as their skills and confidence grow.
I've worked in industry and consultancy heading up learning and development functions internationally – helping businesses to better support their people. My skills include: leadership development, business coaching, strategy, transformation and operational learning and talent management.
I have worked as a mentor for Henley Management School supporting new MBA students as they leave their course and develop their career and have lectured in higher education.
Having worked for businesses from city financial services to public sector and education has shown me that it isn’t the industry or sector that matters but the individual. Any person in any sector can succeed with the right support.
Having been a practicing in-house coach since 2010, I launched Offpiste coaching & mentoring limited in 2017 to deepen my focus on helping others become more personally effective.
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching - Academy of Executive Coaching
- Certificate of competence in Occupational & Personality testing – British Psychology Association
- Individual & Team emotional intelligence practitioner - JCA Global
- Kolbe specialist in Conative profiling - Kolbe Corporation
- International Coaching Federation
- Chartered Institute of Personal Development
- British Psychology Society
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Wider development services
In addition to individual business coaching I offer:
- Team emotional intelligence development programmes
- Facilitated Leader workshops in emotional intelligence
- Learning programme strategy and design.
Photos & videos
I offer a no obligation FREE online - video conference call to discuss your development needs and establish if we can work together to achieve your objectives. During this session we can explore whats driving your need for support, the tools I use and my coaching model.
I use a simple coaching contract to agree the coaching objectives and programme we will use to support your development needs. Fee schedules are agreed as part of this process.
I offer several different options for coaching depending on your need. This includes:
Self help coaching
This package helps you build a deeper understanding of yourself and your development needs. I use a combination of online profiling tools and virtual exploration sessions to help you identify your personal development focus and leverage an digital App for you to take control of your own self-coaching.
Cost: Varies based on the profiling & development tools used.
The coaching programmes I offer vary depending upon your needs and resources you need to achieve excellence. A typical coaching development programme incorporating the following services costs: £750
- The completion of a online executive emotional intelligence report & 1.5 hour exploration of the results and what this means for your personal effectiveness
- Subsequent 5 virtual 1 hour 1-1 coaching sessions over a 3 month period
- 12 month access to a mobile digital App to support habit change
- Interim e-mail/telephone support
Individual one-off coaching
Individual virtual coaching session lasting 1 hour start at £90.
For more information about the tools I use, free demonstration access to tools and reports, fees & programmes please feel free to get in-touch.
What my clients say
Focus: Career coaching
"Finding someone to trust was the most important part of finding a coach for me. Mike listens, understands and encourages me to be open and not shy away from my own feelings. As Mike has worked in HR and held internal coaching and leadership roles, I could see his experience and skills come through and that reassurance me that my Coaching was in good hands.
I would recommend Mike, to any senior HR professional that wants to enhance their credibility and to improve the way they manage business day to day.”
Client: Senior HR Manager
Focus: Development coaching
"I have had a number of personal coaching sessions with Mike over the past 6 months. I found this to be very effective in helping me to work on some developmental areas I wanted to address and also in focusing my thoughts around my next career steps. I have undertaken psychometric assessments before however, what I found was lacking from this process was the “so what”. Understanding yourself is the first step but using this understanding to adapt and grow is something different. Mike helped me to take this knowledge of myself and understand how this may translate in to what other people see. He also introduced techniques to support me to adapt my style whilst not losing site of my strengths.”
Client: Head of Shared Service
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
I am available through a normal UK timezone between the ours of 8.30 - 5pm or by prior appointment for other timezones.