I offer holistic, non-judgmental, strengths-based Personal Development coaching for women utilising Cognitive Behavioural Coaching techniques.
I tailor each session to your needs and your goals, focussing on where you are now and where you want to be in the future; we'll work together to develop helpful thoughts and actions that will help you reach your goal and manage the ups and downs of life along the way.
I subscribe to the Association for Coaching’s Code of Ethics and Practice – copy available on request.
How coaching can help you
I have supported women of all ages and backgrounds with a range of goals, for example:
- developing and increasing confidence in themselves;
- understanding themselves better, improving self-esteem and feeling good physically and emotionally;
- managing life and work demands to reduce stress and avoid burn-out;
- making time for themselves without feeling 'selfish';
- increasing motivation and finding their purpose in life;
- finding a meaningful job/career;
- retraining or returning to study later in life.
Whatever the focus of our sessions, the most important thing to me is that you leave our coaching sessions feeling empowered, uplifted and motivated.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Foundation Coach with the Association for Coaching
- Affiliate Member of the International Society for Coaching Psychology
- MA in Psychosocial Studies
- BSc (Hons) in Criminal Justice
- Mental Health First Aider
- Certificate in Coaching with the Centre for Coaching in London, a Middlesex University Accredited Programme approved by the Society for Coaching Psychology, the Association of Coaching and the British Psychological Society
- Professional Development training on Safeguarding Children and Adults, Equality and Diversity, Project Management, Delivering Group Training, Dealing with Violence and Aggression including Psychopathy, Working with Difficult to Engage clients
- specialist experience in working with trauma and older women;
- 7 years' experience of coaching women only from a wide range of backgrounds to achieve both professional and personal goals;
- 15 years' experience of working in business/blue chip companies;
- 20 years' experience of working in public and third sector organisations in the criminal justice system.
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
I offer a free 15-20min chat by phone or videocall for you to find out more and see if coaching is for you.
If you do decide to go ahead, the fee is:
£75/hour for a one-off session
or a discounted fee for a package of sessions eg. £390 for a package of 6 sessions which includes:
- A 60-minute Initial Consultation session agreeing how we will work together plus exploring and defining your goal (known as contracting);
- 4 x 60-minute coaching sessions working towards our goal and creating an Action Plan
- A 60-minute review session, discussing progress and planning long term actions for you
- A 30-minute informal conversation around 1-2 months later, checking in to see how you are getting on and hearing of your progress
The number of sessions, as well as the time and day of your sessions, are all negotiable. In addition, many women I support are not working, or have a limited budget for self-development, so I offer a sliding scale of fees depending on individual circumstances.
Please do call or email me to arrange your 15-20min chat - there is absolutely no obligation or pressure to book any sessions after the chat if you don't feel that I'm the right coach for you, or you aren't yet ready to commit to coaching.
I am available for sessions from 9.30am until 7pm, Monday to Friday. I can also offer Saturday morning appointments if required.
I have been told that my empathetic, empowering and motivating style of coaching has enabled women to feel hope about their future, sometimes for the first time in years: that is why I love coaching!
What coachees say after coaching sessions with me
"Melanie is a very personable, professional, coach. I met Melanie at the point of my life that I had multiple issues going on but she was able to coach me effectively to bring out the best in me and restore my confidence in my career. She has the ability to manage and build exceptional client relationship that ultimately leads to outstanding results. Melanie has great listening skill and she understands what makes me tick quickly. If you are looking for a coach, I will recommend you engage the services of Melanie" - Adedoyin
"Melanie provided a personalised and very constructive space for me to develop professionally. I particularly valued her knowledge and understanding of the sector, her input, and her encouraging and very flexible approach!" - Sophia
"I feel like I have more control, a greater perspective and understanding of my life. Melanie has also helped me with building up my own resilience which is helping with my self-confidence, esteem and stress. She has made me realise there is a way forward on a range of things and also challenged me to look at myself and address those areas in a reflective and progressive manner.
I am truly grateful for all Melanie’s help, support and guidance through the use of different strategies and excellent questioning she has provided and will certainly be recommending life coaching to others". - Danielle