Meera Shah - Career, Confidence and Corporate Coach (BA, MBA, ICF Certified)
I have been coaching clients for over 15 years now - both personal as well as group sessions, working mostly with professionals from the City of London institutions. They range from executives or mid career professionals wanting to get promoted, increasing confidence and presence in the workplace, rewriting CVs, overcoming particular difficulties on the job, interview practice as well as giving presentations. I am really good at inspiring and training individuals to give presentations as well.
I come from an accounting and banking background, so I understand the professional environment and the challenges that come along with it really well! Clients I have worked with include individuals working at Barclays, Lloyds, HSBC, the Met Police, University of Westminister, the Body Shop as well as business owners.
Overall I use my intuition as well as experience to understand what a client really needs and what the real challenge is. Then together we work on overcoming that challenge and increase the self-belief. I am a teacher, leader and avid Supporter of Mindfulness Practices, having used these techniques for over 10 years now.
Please call me or email me for an initial discussion or for additional information. Then you can decide if I am the right person to help you.
- Career Coaching
- Confidence Coaching
- Intuitive Coaching
- Empowerment Coaching
- Personal Development Coaching
Training, qualifications & experience
- Career Coach, qualified in 2009 with the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- Qualified accountant (CIMA) and enhanced my business skills with an executive MBA. Highly successful career in programme management in the banking sector including global investment banks.
- Combined my passion of personal development and corporate experience.
- Mindfulness Teacher (including meditation) – teaching in Corporates and personal groups
- I have trained with some of the worlds most Renowned Metaphysical Teachers including Anthony Robbins (Walking on Fire), Sonia Choquette (Dial up your sixth sense), Paul McKenna (Confidence).
- I am a practitioner of the new age spiritual philosophies and in particular the idea of dialling up your ‘sixth sense’ and tuning into your ‘gut feeling’; a greater awareness of how your mental state creates your reality.
- Retreats in Worlds energy Centre’s (Shasta and Glastonbury), silent 10 day meditation (Vipassana)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Support through change and transition
- Helping professionals move up the career ladder
- Boosting your confidence
- Putting together a great CV
- Leadership and Believing in yourself
- Business consultancy and support
- Putting together a great CV
- Interview preparation
- Presentation Skills
- Getting that promotion
- Recognising your true worth
- Speaking up for yourself
Depends on the number or sessions (single or package) and type of coaching (Face to face or skyle/telephone)
Costs are £90 per session. Discounts available for packages.
I have a very unique coaching approach combining both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ strategies - Action as well as looking at the beliefs and energy that underpin the action. I have created the RID coaching model which brings these two together. This is explained in detail below:
Reflect: Take a step back and check out you inner state before you take any action. As Anthony Robbins says “The actions you take are powerfully shaped by the emotional state you are in. If you’re angry, you’re going to behave quite differently than if you’re feeling playful or outrageous.”
Imagine: Set some stretching and exciting goals.
Do: Time for action now that you are feeling strong and clear on what you want
- Warm, engaging, humorous and friendly coaching style.
- Sessions comprise a mix of presentation, audience interaction, personal and group exercises. Attendees are armed with practical learning, tips and lots of take-aways.
- Experience: large group presentations, including corporate sessions (150+ people); intimate workshops (15-30 people); talks, one to one coaching sessions (mainly for professionals), and webinars.
- Past trainer for a coaching company delivering training via the government to the under-privileged in the society including prisons, unemployed and youth at risk programmes.
Have found Meera’s coaching to be invaluable in learning to identify barriers and key development issues. The coaching she has provided on an individual basis has given valuable insight and helped me to gain perspective in managing my new role and developing my confidence.
Her Finance background has meant that she has provided me with tools to add value
at work and have the confidence to progress. Have definitely noticed the difference.
JS, finance manager, public sector
I knew there was something amiss in my life, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it until my life coaching course with Meera. During the first session, she used a tool that made me qualify different aspects of my life, and after a tearful session, I could pinpoint exactly what was making me unhappy. That clarity guided the rest of the sessions and allowed me to make specific changes that led to my career change and brought back my former energy and enthusiasm for life.
-SS, Account Director, Weber Shandwick, Asia
I highly recommend Meera to everyone. Meera gives great advice and you can start using her tools immediately. I enjoyed particularly learning from Meera's experience, enthusiasm and positive thinking which inspire you. Meera’s strength is to help you to reach a healthier inner state and show more confidence in everything you do. Thank you Meera!
ED, Business Analyst, Barclays
Thanks for helping me to realise my deep down fears that I didn’t even know it played such a big part in my life. It was a transformation taking things from my head to my heart, thanks for guiding me to the right direction.
EC, Corporate Banker, Barclays
You were amazing! Thank you! We have already had many positive comments about today’s show in the US. You gave our listeners a lot of value today - You have a new fan in me!
Jim “Coach” Jones (USA)