Luke Menzies ACC CPQC CertPsychCoach - Business/Personal/Stress Management
Luke Menzies: Business, Personal & Stress Management Coach
Thriving (not just surviving!) in a busy life
I’m both a business and personal coach, with a specialism in stress management.
I usually work with people who leave busy lives, often with a demanding job/career. There are very few coaches who have specialist training in stress management, and clients seek me out for help in navigating their busy lives, both at work and at home.
I can help you become more resilient, more effective, happier, more successful and also able to relax more and find ways to gain moments of calm.
This is something I’m not only trained to help you with, but have a lot of personal experience of, as a result of my career as a lawyer and having run a law firm for 12 years, while also having 3 children and lots of outside interests.
People come to coaching for a variety of reasons. If yours include trying to work out how to cope with multiple responsibilities and a demanding/high-pressure workload then I’d love to help you.
These are the sorts of things I often help my clients work on and improve:
- stress due to a demanding workload or work/life balance challenges
- pressures of running a professional practice (lawyers, accountants, healthcare professionals, etc.)
- pressures of running a small business
- reluctance to delegate
- confidence and self-esteem
- leading a team
- managing your relationships (with clients, colleagues and family)
- work/life balance
- relationships with spouse/partner
- parenting and family issues
- retirement, selling your business or stepping back from leadership
- changing/re-assessing your career
Self-awareness and stress management
In my years as a small business owner I have been transformed by the power of good coaching. It has helped me change my response to stress, dial up my emotional intelligence, develop better thinking skills and significantly increase my positivity to what life and work throw at me.
I nowadays live a much better life (both at work and in all aspects of home and family life) as a result of this work I've done on myself - and so in my coaching work I'm able to share this journey, insights and ways to grow with you.
I have three children (now teens), and know all about being stretched very tight between wanting to be a good parent and also keen to succeed at work too.
5 things that make me a great coach to work with…
1. I span the gaps between executive coaching, business coaching and life/personal coaching. Each of us comes as a total package. Life and work are intricately bound together. I always treat you as a whole person.
2. I help you gain deep clarity about what you feel are the important things in life and work, and then help you head in precisely the direction you want to go.
3. My specialist training in stress management gives you access to skills and techniques you’ll normally only usually find by going to a psychologist or therapist. By combining them with powerful coaching, in a really down-to-earth way, you’re likely to feel more comfortable and less shy in trying them out.
4. I will help you get to know yourself significantly better – such as how you think, where you get stuck, and the little things you may do to get in your own way (we all have these!). By dialling up your self-awareness and being clearer about your thinking patterns, you will develop far more control of your life and what you can achieve.
5. This can be exciting and profound self-development work, usually producing positive shifts that will be with you forever - changes that will be likely to positively ripple out through your family, friends and colleagues too.
Lots more about me on my website
I encourage you to read more on my website about my coaching approach and understand my philosophy around what coaching is: www.lukemenziescoaching.com
Book a FREE sample session with me (with no obligation to go further)
I offer everyone a free 'chemistry' session to sample my coaching. You can try me out and get a feel for what my approach is like, entirely free of charge and without commitment to go further.
Just give me a call and book a free session. You have absolutely nothing to lose!
I’d love to speak to and find out what has got you interested in coaching what and what you’d like to work out or achieve.
All the best,
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications
I have the ACC certification with the International Coaching Federation and extensive professional coach training with some of the leading global coaching organisations, including:
- Certified Psychological Coach - Centre for Coaching, London
- Certificate in Stress Management - Centre for Stress Management, London
- ILM Level 7 (Masters level) Certificate in Executive Coaching & Mentoring - University of the West of England
- CTI Co-Active coach
- Certified Positive Intelligence Coach (CPQC)
- TA101 Certificate in Transactional Analysis
In addition to my formal qualifications I bring a great deal of life and organisational experience as a father of three, business owner, legal adviser, manager, leader, and human being!
UK International Coach Federation
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Specialist in Stress Management coaching - Certified Psychological Coach
I have a specialism in Stress Management, having taken specialist training in this area at the Centre for Stress Management in London.
I use a blend of CBT and related psychological techniques to help you identity and deal with the stress in your life - whether it comes from workload, career, parenting or other aspects of life.
Alongside my specialist training, I also bring a lot of personal experience of how to deal with high levels of stress from a busy, highly demanding professional career as a lawyer and the challenges of having 3 children (now teens) in rapid succession.
From £100.00 to £175.00
Free initial online session
I have different fee rates for organisations and for individuals. I also offer discounted packages. Please contact me for more information.
With one-to-one coaching I charge in advance for 3 sessions at a time. I do not require formal commitment to a particular length of time or coaching programme unless that is your wish.
Flexible availability - please enquire
I offer face-to-face sessions in central/north Bristol.
I'm also available online to UK and international clients.
Most online sessions are 1 hour long, with 2 weeks between each one, which I find works best to maintain momentum but allow time for reflection and any 'homework' you may wish to do. Face-to-face session lengths can be more flexible.