Every professional displayed on Life Coach Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Transformational Coach with 20+ years in Corporate Communications, helping women to thrive at home and work.
I'm particularly passionate about helping you if:
- you would like help transitioning from work, into maternity leave and back to work with confidence
- you are feeling stuck, overwhelmed, wracked with guilt, exhausted or anxious and would like to the space to explore who you are underneath the "shoulds" and create a life that feels authentic.
- you want to achieve your professional potential without sacrificing your or your family's wellbeing.
The relationship between my clients and me is always unique but here's an overview of what you'll gain from working with me:
- Understand who you are and what you stand for intellectually and viscerally
- Create a work life balance that serves you and your family
- Be able to make decisions quicker and with confidence
- Feel supported to implement changes in your life and communicate healthy boundaries
- Be equipped with a tailored wellbeing toolkit to support your physical and mental health
- Be able to make sense of the full range of thoughts and feelings you are experiencing
- Learn mindset techniques to control your inner critic
- Identify patterns of behaviour that no longer serve you and create new healthier habits
- Be able to create a fulfilling career based on your unique strengths, passions and gifts
- Create a personal and professional vision for the future and start to implement a plan to get there
- Be more present with your children and loved ones
- Feel confident, excited and energised about the future
I have my own private coaching practice offering Zoom sessions, walk and talk sessions in my local forest and face to face sessions in my office in Berkhamsted, Herts.
I see my role as a thinking partner who listens, asks powerful questions, provides insights, challenges and encouragement. I hold a non-judgemental space for my clients to explore who they are and what's important to them. I only work with clients who I have rapport with and who are genuinely committed to the process.
I love what I do and I feel particularly fulfilled when clients tell me the work we have done together not only has affected them positively but also their relationships with their colleagues and loved ones.
Training, qualifications & experience
I spent 20 years in Corporate Communications (PR and Employee Communications) working for large public, private, and third sector organisations both agency and client side such as ITV, Nestle and London Underground. I have also owned a small business so understand the challenges of working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Until I retrained as a Coach, I never felt I could be my true self at work and as a result experienced imposter syndrome, stress, anxiety and burnout.
It was only when I became a mother in 2010 that I found the courage and confidence to do the work with a therapist and several coaches and equip myself with the self-awareness, skills and tools I needed to be happy at home and work.
I have my own private 1-1 integrative coaching practice and am also proud to be part of the Corporate Coaching teams at Better Up and Mettacool running 1-1 and group coaching programmes for high potential women, and expecting and working Mums in EMEA and the US.
I am fully insured, have regular supervision and adhere to the ICF’s code of ethics and core competencies. Below is an overview of my qualifications and CPD:
- BA (Hons) Sociology, University of Sheffield 1999
- Diploma in Transformational Coaching (ICF, EMCC and AC) 2019
- Accredited Associate Certified Coach (ICF) 2021
- Member of the ICF 2022-23
- Motherhood Studies Practitioner Certificate (Dr Sophie Brock) 2021
- Perinatal Mental Health Ambassador 2021
- Certificate in Mindfulness for Coaching (ICF) 2020
- Certificate in Group Coaching & Facilitation (ICF) 2021
- Certified NLP Practitioner (ABNLP) 2019
- Accredited DISC personality profiling practitioner 2021
- Peer Mentor, Mind 2020
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme 2013
"Lucy has coached me for 6 months - she unpicked the underlying issue helping me to reconnect with my values and get back to myself. Her main strength is her nurturing, empathetic and all accepting nature - I always feel she just "gets me". I have recently made probably the most authentic and courageous decision of my entire career - it felt amazing! I would recommend Lucy to women who are at a crossroads and want to reconnect with their true selves to lead a more authentic and happier life"
"I thought coaching might highlight all of my flaws and make me feel not good enough, but it's been the complete opposite. It has opened my eyes to who I am and what my values and strengths are. It's made me realise I am absolutely good enough - I am self aware, confident, competent and successful. All the things I thought I was not. I have learnt to be my own cheerleader and to think about the value I can add to my organisation and to promote myself in the right way. Ultimately it's been a very empowering process and I have achieved more than I could have envisaged"
I have been working with Lucy for two years and really look forward to my coaching sessions. It is time that I have carved out for myself with someone who is truly listening to me and who does not judge me. Lucy provides genuine support and space for me to reflect, consider and discuss issues that arise in my personal and professional life, which as a working Mum I feel are intertwined.
Since working with Lucy, she has helped me to manage my well being during my first and second maternity leave, prepare my mindset for an important interview, be promoted into a leadership role, navigate a second pregnancy whilst continuing to deliver meaningful positive outcomes in my leadership role. As a working mum, coaching is an important part of my toolkit, it has made me stronger, more confident and grounds me in the belief that I can be the mother I want to be, as well as having a career and being able take care of my own well being! I have put a lot of time into considering how I ‘show up’ at important meetings, presentations and conferences. I have learnt to focus more on how I want my audience to feel and what they should ‘take away’ rather than on what my PowerPoint looks like! Before being coached by Lucy, I had lots of questions about who I was, what was important to me and why. I sensed I had the answers within but I just couldn't access them. Lucy has helped me gain this clarity. She is open, warm, has an extensive knowledge and her reflective practice rubs off on me! I would highly recommend her and have done so to friends."
"I wasn't sure if coaching would be for me but I was looking for a greater sense of focus, purpose and sense of self. After just 6 sessions with Lucy I have definitely achieved this and more. She is empathetic, a great listener, puts me at ease and is entirely present. I can't remember the last time someone was so genuinely engaged in talking about me! I would highly recommend Lucy."
The International Coach Federation is the professional association for personal and business coaches worldwide.
Coaches can become accredited by the ICF, who have three grades of membership: Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and Master Certified Coach (MCC), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Master Certified Coach's have achieved a substantial level of training and experience.
Members of ICF are accountable to a professional code of ethics.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Maternity and return to work coaching
- Life transitions
- Mid life crisis
£149.00 - £3,000.00
Free initial online session
THE ONE THING
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, guilty, stressed, need some clarity, thinking of going back to work, want to change jobs, want to start a business, thinking of going freelance, want a promotion, need some help with confidence or just want to talk through some ideas, then I can help!
By the end of our time together, you will know the ONE THING you need to focus on to move forward, you will have more clarity and you will have a coaching tool to help you on your way.
- a 20-minute discovery call
- a follow-up email with my appraisal of your situation and a tool you can use to start you on your coaching journey
- a 90-minute 1:1 coaching session
- a follow-up email with the actions and resources we’ve discussed.
1-1 TRANSFORMATION COACHING PACKAGES
Clients invest between £1200 for 3 months and £3000+ for 12 months of coaching support. Payment plans are available. I also offer top-up Power Hour sessions for past clients.
When I work
I work Monday-Friday during school hours.