I want to help you.
Who do I coach?
I am a Coach & NLP Practitioner. I work with people in life beyond loss - whether it's job redundancy, loss of a close relative or friend or the end of a relationship.
After suffering loss, is this you?
- Lost the life you once knew?
- Lost sense of ‘normality’?
- Somehow lost yourself?
- Lost your sparkle or zest for life?
- Lost your confidence along the way?
I’ve been there too. If you want coaching from somebody who understands the aftermath of loss, keep reading.
Does this sound familiar?
I’m here to coach and support you in a number of ways in your life beyond loss. Including helping you to:
- Reconnect with yourself and your life. It’s understandable after suffering loss, that you can feel lost. You’re feeling disconnected from the world, yourself and everything you once knew as “normal”. You have no idea what makes you excited anymore and you feel unsure about where to find enjoyment. You know deep down something needs to change and you want to get back to the person you used to be. It’s time for you to create your “new normal” but you have no idea where to begin finding your way.
- Rebuild your life and finding the place to start. It doesn’t matter what your loss is, what matters is you feel ready for change. After what you’ve been through, a fresh start is on the cards and you’re loving the idea of a makeover – on the inside. You’ve been dreaming of something that’s going to finally help you stop re-living your loss and build momentum towards the future. But you’re scared AF and you talk yourself out of taking any steps forward. It feels overwhelming and you’re wondering if you even “should”.
- Reclaim your right to thrive (not just survive). After your loss, you’ve managed to introduce some normality into your life again. But every day feels the same and something is missing. You’ve lost your spark and you feel like you’re going through the motions – you’re just about surviving. You’re ready to start embracing life again and reclaim your right to thrive. You know this is possible but you’re freezing up at the thought of moving on and haven’t got a scooby why you’re stuck.
How can coaching help you?
Together, we will:
- Explore any negative thoughts that may be getting in your way.
- Do away with any beliefs that may be limiting your ability to move forward.
- Increase your motivation to make lasting changes to your life.
- Build your self-confidence and resilience in order to handle your change with ease.
- Find ways to manage the stressful situations that are associated with loss.
- Explore how you get emotional freedom from all of the emotions that you are experiencing right now.
What can you expect?
I have a unique style of coaching which combines my own experience of loss with everything I’ve learnt in my professional career so far (in coaching and beyond), and that’s a ton of stuff!
Through our work, you’ll have access to a range of cool tools and techniques which have continued proven success for my clients. I’ll share with you how everything works as we go along so you have it all for keeps.
Depending on where you’re at right now and what you need, I offer bespoke coaching packages which can be arranged face to face (if you’re in sunny Shropshire) or online. Thank goodness for the internet, eh?
Whatever you choose, I’ll make it super easy for you to rock up and get started.
If you don’t see what you need in the things I've talked about, contact me for a chat.
We will work together in a safe and comfortable environment to develop your own unique plan with the right actions for you. I will help you to navigate change at your own pace and in a way that works for you.
Some additional things you can have FREE access to when we work together:
- A weekly newsletter straight to your inbox with extra coaching tips
- Resources and worksheets for you to use at key stages in your coaching journey
- Access to my social media community for additional support
- Videos, podcasts, blogposts and live streams with further coaching tips.
Training, qualifications & experience
The bit about how well qualified I am.
I have lots of skills, interests and qualifications which make up my own unique coaching style. My knowledge and experience is all part of the mix when it comes to providing you with a tailored service:
- BSc & MSc Psychology
- Diploma in Performance Coaching with NLP
- Additional Certificate NLP Practitioner Level
- Level 5 in Leadership & Management
- Qualified Adult Trainer
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
I am also a member of two professional coaching organisations; The Association for Coaching and The National Council of Psychotherapists. In addition, I am a member of the Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
Being a professional member demonstrates that I care about keeping my skills and training up to date in order to be the best coach for you. It also means I undertake regular supervision from a qualified coaching supervisor and my professional insurance is present and correct.
I hope my background gives you some assurances but I want to talk about something more important than all this – the fact is I’ve been where you are too.
Read on to find out more about my experience.
It’s fair to say I’m in love with my life but that hasn’t always been the case. I’ve been through some dark times.
When I was 25, my mum passed away . Suddenly and unexpectedly, I lost my best friend and the one person that gave my life meaning.
Not more than 2 months later, I lost my dad to Dementia. He had lost his capacity to make any decisions or care for himself, seemingly overnight. Putting his needs first, went on for 7 years before I finally lost him completely.
What I didn’t expect was to lose one other thing. Somewhere within the grief and pain, I had lost myself too! I felt disconnected, empty, numb and powerless. The big gaping holes in my life meant I had no idea what ‘normal life’ was any more.
It was in the aftermath of the darkest days that the ‘grey’ days showed up. I was surviving but no longer believed that life could be enjoyable. I did what I needed to survive, but I was just going through the motions, treading water one day after the next.
Anyways, after hitting rock bottom, something within me felt ready to clamber out of the rabbit hole. I was done with the therapy and feeling bereaved. Once I’d had enough of people giving me ‘that’ tilted-head look, I discovered a simple yet important truth. I had a choice.
I didn’t want to wake up each day and just survive. I wanted to thrive.
And believe me when I say, YOU can thrive, too!
Where you are now, no matter what you’ve lost in your life, is not the end…it’s the beginning of something beautiful.
I never imagined that, after what felt like a decade of loss, I would be where I am today. Yes, I’ve lost my parents. Yes, I’ve lost my career (twice!) Yes, I’ve lost close relationships and hell, I’ve even lost myself along the way.
What I’ve found is better than I ever imagined.
My mission is clear.
I’m passionate about giving you the support you need to reconnect, rediscover and rebuild your life after loss. I will help you, like I’ve helped many others, find your ‘new normal’ and transition from just surviving to thriving. I understand the emotional turmoil, numbness and emptiness that any loss brings. I also get that you need to wait for the dust to settle before you can start to think about living again.
I know adjusting to life after loss isn’t easy but I also know it’s totally possible – exciting even!
You are amazing and unique. You have the capability to thrive, even when your life has been turned upside down. The fear, uncertainty and struggle you’re experiencing right now will shift, with my help and support.
I help you to take back your power and find yourself again.
Is it time to create for you to move forward?
Then you’ve landed in the right place. Drop me a line for an informal chat about how we can work together.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Divorce / relationship ending
Photos & videos
I offer bespoke coaching packages to meet with your requirements and the period of time we agree to work together.
Coaching packages can be paid in instalments to make it easier for you. I also offer a reduced rate for full time students and those on a low income.
- 60 or 90 minute coaching sessions (number of sessions and duration agreed together).
- A 30 minute prep call to clarify your goals and aspirations.
- Follow up text support in between sessions.
- An agreed number of 'emergency' sessions.
- Your unique plan of action to take away after each session.
- Free access to all of my resources and online publications.
- Significantly reduced rates on further group coaching and online programmes.
Here's what a few of my clients have to say...
"In just a few sessions, I went from confused and overwhelmed, to having clarity and feeling lighter. Grateful beyond words, Louise is an exceptional coach!" Claudia, USA.
"After losing my job, coaching has helped me to unlock my true potential. I’ve learnt I have far more resources and skills to support myself than I first thought. Thanks." Brian, UK.
"I connect with you Louise. You’re real and you’ve been there in the most painful way. I know that you understand. I love that you work with loss in all forms. Thank you for everything."
"I highly recommend Louise if you’re feeling lost. It certainly enabled me to make a commitment to the things that really matter in my life. Thank you!" Emma, UK.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 - 17:00 Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 - 19:00 Friday - 9:00-16:00 Saturday: 9.00 - 12.00