I'd love to help you.
Who do I coach?
I am a Grief & Loss Coach / NLP Practitioner. I help people in life beyond loss - whether it's loss of a close relative or friend, the end of a relationship or a job redundancy / business loss.
After suffering a loss, have you:
- Lost the life you once knew?
- Lost sense of ‘normality’?
- Somehow lost yourself?
- Lost your sparkle or zest for life?
- Lost your confidence along the way?
I’ve been there too. If you want coaching from somebody who offers compassion, empathy and understanding in the aftermath of loss, keep reading.
I’m here to coach and support you in a number of ways. Including helping you:
- Reignite your spark after loss. It’s understandable after suffering loss, that you can feel lost. You’re feeling disconnected from the world, yourself and everything you once knew. You have no idea what makes you excited anymore and you feel unsure about where of how to find enjoyment again. You might even feel guilty about whether you even "should" be looking to move on after loss.
- Adjust to your "new normal". You know deep down something needs to change and you want to get back to the life you once had - but you recognise that it's never going to be the same again. It’s time for you to create your “new normal” but you have no idea where to begin finding your way or working through the emotions that you're dealing with.
- Rebuild your life and find the place to start. It doesn’t matter what your loss is, what matters is you feel ready for change. After what you’ve been through, a fresh start is on the cards and you’re loving the idea of a makeover – on the inside. You’ve been dreaming of something that’s going to finally help you stop re-living your loss and build momentum towards the future. But you’re scared and often talk yourself out of taking any steps forward. It feels overwhelming and you’re wondering if you even “should”.
How can coaching help you?
Together, we will work at YOUR own pace and in a supportive manner to:
- Explore any thoughts and feelings that are getting in your way.
- Work with the grief emotions that feel just too much.
- Re-build your self-confidence.
- Create yourself a new normal and work with the changes that have occurred as a result of your loss.
- Learn about and explore resilience to help with future loss.
- Build your self-confidence and resilience in order to handle your change with ease.
- Find ways to heal from grief and loss.
- Gain clarity on the way forward in your healing journey and when you're ready, learn how to thrive.
What can you expect?
I have a unique style of coaching which combines my own experience of loss with everything I’ve learnt in my professional career so far (in coaching and beyond), and that’s a ton of stuff!
Through our work, you’ll have access to a range of tools and techniques which have continued proven success for my clients. I’ll share with you how everything works as we go along so you have it all for keeps.
Depending on where you’re at right now and what you need, I offer bespoke coaching packages which can be arranged face to face (if you’re in sunny Shropshire) or online. Thank goodness for the internet, eh?
Whatever you choose, I’ll make it super easy for you to rock up and get started.
If you don’t see what you need in the things I've talked about, contact me for a chat.
We will work together in a safe and comfortable environment to develop your own unique plan with the right actions for you. I will help you to navigate this journey at your own pace and in a way that works for you.
Some additional things you can have FREE access to when we work together:
- A weekly newsletter straight to your inbox with extra coaching tips
- Resources and worksheets for you to use at key stages in your coaching journey
- Access to my social media community for additional support
- Videos, podcasts, blogposts and live streams with further coaching tips.
Training, qualifications & experience
The bit about how well qualified I am.
I have lots of skills, interests and qualifications which make up my own unique coaching style. My knowledge and experience is all part of the mix when it comes to providing you with a tailored service:
- BSc & MSc Psychology
- Diploma in Life Coaching with NLP
- Additional Certificate NLP Practitioner Level
- Level 5 in Leadership & Management
- Qualified Adult Trainer
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
I am also a member of two professional coaching organisations; The Association for Coaching and The National Council of Psychotherapists.
Being a professional member demonstrates that I care about keeping my skills and training up to date in order to be the best coach for you. It also means I undertake regular supervision from a qualified coaching supervisor and my professional insurance is present and correct.
I hope my background gives you some assurances but I want to talk about something more important than all this – the fact is I’ve been where you are too.
Read on to find out more about my experience.
It’s fair to say I’m in love with my life but that hasn’t always been the case. I’ve been through some dark times.
When I was 25, my mum passed away . Suddenly and unexpectedly, I lost my best friend and the one person that gave my life meaning.
Not more than 2 months later, I lost my dad to Dementia. He had lost his capacity to make any decisions or care for himself, seemingly overnight. His illness lasted 7 years before I finally lost him completely.
What I didn’t expect was to lose one other thing. Somewhere within the grief and pain, I had lost myself too! I felt disconnected, empty, numb and powerless. The big gaping holes in my life meant I had no idea what ‘normal life’ was any more.
It was in the aftermath of the darkest days that those ‘grey’ days showed up. I was surviving but no longer believed that life could be enjoyable. I did what I needed to stay afloat, but I was just going through the motions, treading water one day after the next.
After hitting rock bottom, something within me felt ready to clamber out of the rabbit hole. I was done with the therapy and feeling constantly bereaved. Once I’d had enough of people giving me ‘that’ tilted-head look (you know the one I mean), I discovered a simple yet important truth. I had a choice.
I didn’t want to wake up each day and just survive. I wanted to eventually thrive.
And believe me when I say, YOU can thrive, too.
Where you are now, no matter what you’ve lost in your life, is not the end…it’s the beginning of something beautiful. I understand that can be a difficult thing to see when you're in the midst of grief. I believe that hope is a beautiful thing.
I never imagined that, after what felt like a decade of loss, I would be where I am today. Yes, I’ve lost my parents. Yes, I’ve lost my career (twice!) Yes, I’ve lost close relationships and hell, I’ve even lost myself along the way.
What I’ve found is better than I ever imagined.
My mission is clear.
I’m passionate about giving you the support you need to reignite, your spark (even just a tiny one), adjust to a new normal and rebuild your life after loss. I will help you, like I’ve helped many others, gently transition from just surviving to thriving. I understand the trauma, pain and emotional turmoil that loss can bring. I also get that you need to wait for the dust to settle before you can start to think about living again. Readiness is as much a state of mind as anything else, so I can help you to get there too if you feel stuck in your grief.
I know adjusting to life after loss isn’t easy but I also know it’s totally possible – exciting even!
You are amazing and unique. You have the capability to thrive, even when your life has been turned upside down. The fear, uncertainty and struggle you’re experiencing right now will shift, with my help and support. One of my favourite expressions is about how we "turn shit to fertiliser". Loss is shit and I encourage you to consider, could this be a transformative moment?
If any of this resonates with you then you’ve landed in the right place. To find out more, drop me a line.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
I offer bespoke coaching packages to meet with your requirements and the period of time we agree to work together.
Coaching packages can be paid in instalments to make it easier for you. I also offer a reduced rate for full time students and those on a low income.
- 60 or 90 minute coaching sessions (number of sessions and duration agreed together).
- A 30 minute prep call to clarify what you want as an outcome from working together.
- Follow up text support in between sessions.
- An agreed number of 'urgent' sessions.
- Your unique plan of action to take away after each session.
- Free access to all of my resources and online publications.
- Significantly reduced rates on further group coaching and online programmes.
Here's what a few of my clients have to say...
"In just a few sessions, I went from confused and overwhelmed, to having clarity and feeling lighter. Grateful beyond words, Louise is an exceptional coach!" Claudia, USA.
"After losing my job, coaching has helped me to unlock my true potential. I’ve learnt I have far more resources and skills to support myself than I first thought. Thanks." Brian, UK.
"I connect with you Louise. You’re real and you’ve been there in the most painful way. I know that you understand. I love that you work with loss in all forms. Thank you for everything."
"I highly recommend Louise if you’re feeling lost. It certainly enabled me to make a commitment to the things that really matter in my life. Thank you!" Emma, UK.
"Coaching with Louise has been an amazing experience. It's really helped me to unravel my knots." Anon, UK.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 - 17:00 Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 - 19:00 Friday - 9:00-16:00 Saturday: 9.00 - 12.00