I'd love to support you in your grief journey.
Who do I coach?
I'm a certified Grief & Loss Coach. I help people to navigate grief and when ready, adjust to life beyond loss - whether it's a bereavement, separation, divorce, job redundancy or other form of loss, I can walk the journey alongside you and offer the support you need.
Grief & Loss sucks.
It’s also a very personal journey – no two grieving processes are the same because no two losses are the same.
Loss is one of the toughest situations you will ever have to deal with and grief one of the most intense responses to navigate. It feels like an uncontrollable and unknown entity because it’s different with each loss. There’s anguish, pain, suffering, misery, sadness, despair, angst, loneliness, disbelief and anger. Sometimes there’s nothing at all, just an empty void and you don’t know how to feel.
And when you’ve just come to terms with your loss, you then realise you’ve lost yourself in the process. There’s no sense of normality and the life you once knew has changed. This is when the fear, hopelessness and confusion kicks in. It feels like any zest for life has disappeared and you’re left with very little energy, accept to drag yourself out of bed each day and float about aimlessly. Everyone around you seems to be getting on with life and meanwhile, you no longer identify with yourself and are left wondering “what the hell happened?”.
Have you had enough of struggling?
Wherever you are in your grief journey, I can step besides you and we’ll walk the rest of the way together. Whether your grief is triggered by loss of a loved one, a relationship ending or losing a job or career that was important to you, it makes no difference. Grief is grief and your feelings are totally valid. It doesn’t matter how recent or long ago your loss was – it’s what we do going forward that counts.
You may not realise it yet, but you can cope with the adversity you’re faced with in your life right now, and you are so much more resilient than you give yourself credit for. You can and will feel better about living beyond your loss. You will also find yourself again and create a new normal. We’ll find it together.
You know the saying – “what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger”. You aren’t just a survivor of loss because after the grief has been dealt with, you’ll thrive too. You deserve to find peace after your loss and healing is an inside job. We will discover exactly what you need, in order to be in that place of managing your grief with ease and coming to terms with your loss. You’ll feel ready and able to traverse your healing journey and be able to take steps towards finding yourself again.
I work with just a handful of people at any given time on a 1 to 1 basis. This means I can offer my time and energy to you and hold a compassionate space for the journey we will go on together.
What can I help with?
- Struggling to come to terms with your loss? We’ll journey together to arrive at a place of acceptance and inner peace.
- Feeling trapped or stuck in your grief? We’ll use a variety of tools and techniques to get you unstuck and gain freedom from grief.
- Feeling lonely in your grief? I’ll be with you every step of the way and break you out of the loneliness cycle.
- Feeling like you’re drowning in the grief emotions and can’t find any peace? We’ll discover how to grieve mindfully and feel more at ease / work with your emotions, not against them.
- Finding it hard to re-adjust to life after your loss? It doesn’t have to be hard. Pinky promise.
- Feeling lost and like you’re just about surviving? We’ve got this covered with all of my resources and tools for finding your way to thrive.
- Lost your spark or zest for life and feel hopeless about the future? We’ll move you from hopeless to hopeful – and beyond! When you find clarity and reconnect with yourself, this one will be easily rectified.
- Loss has left you floating about aimlessly in life? Let’s pin this down together and use my tools and strategies to change this.
I get it…
I’ve been through a decade of loss. I’ve lost my parents, I’ve lost my career (twice), I’ve had relationships turn sour and then end, and I fully lost myself.
I’m on top of my game when it comes to compassion, empathy and respect for your journey because those things are important to me and I know what you need right now is somebody who will actually listen to what you need.
When it comes to working one a 1 to 1, I’m fully present and immersed in our work together. It’s basically because I care. I’m highly intuitive and will know when you’ve hit a wall, start to struggle or need to change the pace. Equally, I will give you gentle nudges when required. That’s how I roll. I also think its okay to smile and enjoy our work together – you need relief from your grief, right?
In addition to this, I’ve got experience and a background in Psychology, mental health and social care. So bring it all together, sprinkle in my on-going professional development, and I’m confident we can truly get you to a better place. Better days are ahead and we will do this one step at a time.
We will work with my personalised resources, all of the coaching tools and techniques we need, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) tools, and mindfulness to navigate your grief, adjust to loss and embrace healing.
Are you ready?
I’ll help you to adjust to life beyond loss and find a place of acceptance and peace. I’ll walk besides you when you need, and help you to be at ease with your grief and loss.
You will feel able to break away from being stuck in the overwhelming emotions and start working with your grief, instead of battling against it. We’ll work together to make this easier on yourself and create the head space you’ve not been able to find.
And when you’re ready, we will re-ignite your spark so that you can feel hopeful about the future.
Here’s some of the outcomes clients have benefited from:
- Come to terms with your loss to find your own acceptance and inner peace.
- Break free from grief having a hold over you and embrace the ups and downs.
- Break free from the loneliness of grief and feel re-connected.
- Grieve mindfully and feel at ease / peace with the journey you’re on.
- Work with your emotions and get to know your way around them now and for the future.
- Adjust to life after loss and create your new normal.
- Move from daily surviving to thriving and feel better about life again.
- Locate your spark and reignite it so you can enjoy life again.
- Move from hopeless to hopeful about now and the future.
- Find clarity about what your life beyond loss looks like and discover who you are.
As you start to walk this path, the possibilities for healing are endless. I will tailor your coaching so that you’ll go on your own unique journey. I'll meet you where you're at.
What else can you expect?
I work with just a handful of people at any given time on a 1 to 1 basis. This means I can offer my time and energy to you and hold a compassionate space for the journey we will go on together. I offer bespoke packages once we understand your needs and the changes you want to feel.
The detail of our coaching (such as number of sessions and mode of delivery) is agreed together once you have made the decision to get started.
All of my clients have access to:
- Your own unique planning record.
- Lifetime access to a range of tools, techniques and worksheets.
- A weekly newsletter with additional tips and guidance.
- An agreed number of online, telephone or face-to-face (90 minute) coaching sessions.
- Agreed amount of text / email support in between sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
The bit about how well qualified I am.
I have lots of skills, interests and qualifications which make up my own unique coaching style. My knowledge and experience is all part of the mix when it comes to providing you with a tailored service:
- BSc & MSc Psychology.
- Diploma in Life Coaching with NLP.
- Additional Certificate NLP Practitioner Level.
- Level 5 in Leadership & Management.
- Qualified Adult Trainer.
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory.
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
- Fully qualified Mental Health First Aider.
- CRUSE Certificate - Grief Practitioner's Course.
- Currently training as a Mindfulness Teacher at Bangor University, Wales.
I am also a member of two professional coaching organisations; The Association for Coaching and The National Council of Psychotherapists.
Being a professional member demonstrates that I care about keeping my skills and training up to date in order to be the best coach for you. It also means I undertake regular supervision from a qualified coaching supervisor and my professional insurance is present and correct.
I hope my background gives you some assurances but I want to talk about something more important than all this – the fact is I’ve been where you are too.
Read on to find out more about my experience.
It’s fair to say I’m in love with my life but that hasn’t always been the case. I’ve been through some dark times.
When I was 25, my mum passed away . Suddenly and unexpectedly, I lost my best friend and the one person that gave my life meaning.
Not more than 2 months later, I lost my dad to Dementia. He had lost his capacity to make any decisions or care for himself, seemingly overnight. His illness lasted 7 years before I finally lost him completely.
What I didn’t expect was to lose one other thing. Somewhere within the grief and pain, I had lost myself too! I felt disconnected, empty, numb and powerless. The big gaping holes in my life meant I had no idea what ‘normal life’ was any more.
It was in the aftermath of the darkest days that those ‘grey’ days showed up. I was surviving but no longer believed that life could be enjoyable. I did what I needed to stay afloat, but I was just going through the motions, treading water one day after the next.
After hitting rock bottom, something within me felt ready to clamber out of the rabbit hole. I was done with the therapy and feeling constantly bereaved. Once I’d had enough of people giving me ‘that’ tilted-head look (you know the one I mean), I discovered a simple yet important truth. I had a choice.
I didn’t want to wake up each day and just survive. I wanted to eventually thrive.
And believe me when I say, you can thrive, too.
Where you are now, no matter what you’ve lost in your life, is not the end…it’s the beginning of something different. Not good. Not bad. Just different. I understand that can be a difficult thing to see when you're in the midst of grief. I believe that faith is a beautiful thing.
I never imagined that, after what felt like a decade of loss, I would be where I am today. Yes, I’ve lost my parents. Yes, I’ve lost my career (twice!) Yes, I’ve lost close relationships and hell, I’ve even lost myself along the way.
What I’ve found is better than I ever imagined.
My mission is clear.
I’m passionate about giving you the support you need to navigate your grief and when ready, adjust to life beyond loss. I will help you, like I’ve helped many others, gently transition from just surviving to thriving. I understand the trauma, pain and emotional turmoil that loss can bring. I also get that you need to wait for the dust to settle before you can start to think about living again. Readiness is as much a state of mind as anything else, so I can help you to get there too if you feel stuck in your grief.
I know adjusting to life after loss isn’t easy but I also know it’s totally possible – exciting even!
You are amazing and unique. You have the capability to thrive, even when your life has been turned upside down. The fear, uncertainty and struggle you’re experiencing right now will shift, with my help and support. One of my favourite expressions is about how we "turn shit to fertiliser". Loss is shit and I encourage you to consider, could this be a transformative moment?
If any of this resonates with you then you’ve landed in the right place. To find out more, drop me a line.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
I offer bespoke coaching packages to meet with your requirements and the period of time we agree to work together.
Coaching packages can be paid in instalments to make it easier for you. I also offer a reduced rate for full time students and those on a low income.
- 60 or 90 minute coaching sessions (number of sessions and duration agreed together).
- A 30 minute prep call to clarify what you want as an outcome from working together.
- Follow up text support in between sessions.
- An agreed number of 'urgent' sessions.
- Your unique plan of action to take away after each session.
- Free access to all of my resources and online publications.
- Significantly reduced rates on further group coaching and online programmes.
Here's what a few of my clients have to say...
"In just a few sessions, I went from confused and overwhelmed, to having clarity and feeling lighter. Grateful beyond words, Louise is an exceptional coach!" Claudia, USA.
"After losing my job, coaching has helped me to unlock my true potential. I’ve learnt I have far more resources and skills to support myself than I first thought. Thanks." Brian, UK.
"I connect with you Louise. You’re real and you’ve been there in the most painful way. I know that you understand. I love that you work with loss in all forms. Thank you for everything."
"I highly recommend Louise if you’re feeling lost. It certainly enabled me to make a commitment to the things that really matter in my life. Thank you!" Emma, UK.
"Coaching with Louise has been an amazing experience. It's really helped me to unravel my knots." Anon, UK.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 - 17:00 Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 - 19:00 Friday - 9:00-16:00 Saturday: 9.00 - 12.00