"Liz is very easy to talk to and non-judgmental. She brings structure to often confused and conflicting thoughts... She tailors tools and techniques to suit the individual." (Client A)
What can I do for you?
I will listen deeply to you as you describe your dreams, fears, worries, problem-areas, goals and obstacles. I will invite you to take steps you never believed possible, and help you understand yourself so much better, to identify and maximise your unique talents and abilities in a way that enables you to achieve everything you want to.
I am a qualified NLP Master Practitioner and Life Coach, and I combine those skills with several years' worth of transformational change-work experience helping people in a wide range of situations. My expertise lies in approaching each individual or group of people with a desire to work alongside them to seek out and build upon the best in them, whilst helping them to identify, acknowledge and learn from their limitations and past mistakes.
- I have moved entrenched offenders to a "penny dropping" moment where they can turn their self-destructive lifestyles around and end their perception that they have no choice but to commit crime.
- I have specialised in group-work with men who have controlled and abused their partners, whose starting point is to distrust and intimidate women, but whose limiting attitudes and beliefs around their own masculinity I have helped them transform to improve their own lives as well as the safety and wellbeing of the women and children around them.
- I have supported women both in groups and on an individual basis who may have had abusive or other traumatic experiences in the past, and have low self-esteem and very limiting self-beliefs but massive amounts of resilience and untapped inner strengths that I help them recognise and utilise to find their voice and become awesome achievers.
- I have worked with teenagers, eager to learn about themselves and their place in the world - encouraging self-exploration and how to respect each other and themselves with their development of healthy relationships.
-I lead teams of staff to bring out the best in each employee, and I train social care professionals in motivational work, how to engage difficult, damaged and resistant service users and how to care for themselves as workers.
- I use my humour, warmth, empathy and genuine interest in people to underpin all my interactions.
Who I am, my values and beliefs about myself and other people, reflects positivity, empathy, the limitless potential of people and a deep respect for each human being's right to be free to achieve their dreams.
"Strawhouse Life" reflects my love of the environment and the strength of the foundations that we each build our unique lives upon. I start from where you are ready to begin, and together we will build from there.
My work with you will be solution focused and you WILL begin to make significant changes very quickly - that is the combined beauty of the techniques I have learned over many years and your commitment to achieving what you want.
I invite you to get in touch with me TODAY - we will have an initial free phone conversation to explore what you want and desire from the coaching experience, and then we can set up some face to face or Skype sessions.
Sessions can last either one hour or 90 minutes, depending on your preference. I also offer the option of a "Breakthrough Session" lasting 3 hours, where we explore in depth a specific or range of issues you want to focus on for quick and effective progress.
I work from my comfortable consulting room in the quiet village of Flamstead, or we can go on a Coaching Nature Walk - making the best of our beautiful countryside and parks to inspire you whilst releasing positive endorphins through the gentle exercise of walking. What's not to love about that?!
"After each coaching session I felt more grounded.....I am confident that the strategies learned through coaching will be of great benefit to me in many situations to come... I think the more I experience this, the less effort it will take." (Client S, referred himself with a desire to increase self-esteem and improve social relationships; he made considerable progress in just 4 sessions.)
Training, qualifications & experience
- 25 years' professional experience in behavioural change work in the criminal justice sector (as a Probation Officer) and voluntary sector (specialising in domestic abuse)
- NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner Certification (2014 and 2015, Nina Madden Ltd)
- Life Coaching Certification (2017, Nina Madden Ltd)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Attachment Theories and conflict within relationships
- Cognitive Behavioural Theories
- Transactional Analysis
- Gestalt and Narrative Therapies
- 10 years managerial and recruitment experience within statutory and voluntary sectors
- Extensive group work experience with service users and group training delivery with employees and other professionals - using interactive, experiential exercises to ensure learning is fun and memorable
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
- Anger management
- Phobias and fears
- Women's self-esteem and empowerment, including following experiences of abuse
Individual sessions: £60 per hour, £90 for a 90 minute session
Breakthrough sessions (3 hour intensive work): £160
Work based / corporate sessions: please contact me to discuss
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Primarily weekends (9am - 5pm) and weekday evenings (6pm - 8.80pm); Other appointment times can be negotiated