Liz Goodchild | Life Coaching For People Who Give A Shit
Let’s make your life better than it is right now, shall we?
If you don’t know why you’re spinning your wheels at work, rolling your eyes at the whole wide world, or wanting to bang your head against the nearest wall—don’t worry. Wanting to change is enough, and I’m going to help you get there. (There’s a lot of no-nonsense guidance included. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.)
By working together via Skype during hour-long sessions, we’ll dig up the roots of what’s keeping you stuck. What to expect? A huge, heart-warming shift in your life with bags of encouragement, support and some firm kicks up the arse from me. Coaching explores who you are—so that you can fully understand why you do and think the things that you do—while looking at what you actually want from your life, what’s going on inside your head and most importantly, how you can start making changes that don’t have you heading for the door. My coaching approach covers far more—and will go much deeper—than simply setting goals for the sake of setting goals and frog-marching you through our sessions. While goal-setting and solution-seeking are two of the ways that I work, I’ll also help you to understand and explore yourself—and your life—through insightful, A-HA! conversations around your beliefs, deep-fears, thoughts, assumptions and behaviours.
In a nutshell? Through our sessions, you’ll find the balls—and the gall—to do the things you’ve always thought you couldn’t. Hint: There’s a manageable action plan in your future that’s going to tilt your world on its axis.
What kind of people do you work with?
I coach people who want to describe their life as more than just fine. After all, fine is a word to describe a lukewarm, mediocre lunch, not your entire bloody life. I coach people who, on the outside, seem and look completely put together—and yet on the inside, they feel all over the place. Sometimes, my clients know why they’re feeling all over the place, and other times the reason needs some digging (or pneumatic drilling while wearing those massive ear protectors). I coach people who are are switched-on and understand themselves well enough to know that the apathy and frustration they feel isn’t something that can be helped by a glass (or bottle) of wine or binge-watching shows on Netflix all day long, and it’s not something they can “just get over”. I coach people who recognise that something needs to change in order to feel better about their lives, and they’re ready and willing to do whatever it takes to get there (within reason) I’m hopeful, but not delusional. This means I work with reality, and if you’ve got a mortgage and 3 kids, I won’t tell you to quit your job to become a full-time knitter of tiny hats for squirrels).
I’m probably not for you if: You’re expecting coaching to be a quick-fix, 10 step plan process. It’s not. Coaching with me goes deep—it’s a safe place for you to show your fascinating and messy and complicated humanness. Moving forward means straight-up honesty from me, and I pinky promise that getting underneath the excuses and digging into the real stuff is the ticket to helping what’s hurting you. I’m probably not for you if you’re expecting me to do all the work for you. I put everything I have into the coaching process and I expect my clients to do 100% the same.
Are you ready to:
Give more of a shit about things that matter to you, and less of a shit about things that don’t?
Feel more confident and doubt yourself a whole lot less?
Stop worrying so much about what other people think about you?
Explore your thoughts, beliefs, and fears, so that you learn to trust and believe in yourself?
Get underneath the excuses and dig into the real stuff that’s holding you back?
Feel more certain, more settled and more content than ever before?
Feel clearer about what you actually want from your life and your time on this planet?
Work with an experienced, certified coach who is honest and says it as it is with kindness and a dash of kick-up-the-ass?
Then let’s talk.
Book yourself in for your free 35-minute introductory Skype call by clicking here:
This call will give you a taste of what coaching is like with me while making sure we’re a good fit. We’ll get to know each other and you can ask all the questions you have about coaching and how I can help you.
If you’re not actually interested in potentially working with me, and you just fancy a free coaching session, please, please, please don’t click the button, it’s bad juju.
I'm not sure if coaching is for me. How do I figure this out?
If you’ve signed up for a billion ‘Change Your Life, in 3 Steps!” ebooks (and not bothered to read them) or if you’re sick to the back teeth of feeling out of whack in your life, aware that you’re squandering your potential and frustrated as you watch everyone else move forward with their lives while you’re not, coaching is for you.
For most people, the very reason they’re drawn to coaching (because they’re feeling half-hearted about life and indecisive) is the very reason that keeps them from deciding whether to actually get coaching! To help you with your decision, let’s talk! Coaching is a little bit like buying a pair of shoes, let’s make sure that my coaching is the right fit for you. If, at the end of our talk, I’m not the coach for you, there’s no strings attached, we simply say our goodbyes and that’s it—no drama. (I won’t send any cringe-worthy, sales emails afterwards either, and that’s a promise). Book your free introductory call here:
Training, qualifications & experience
Associate Certified Coach:
International Coaching Federation
Advanced Certificate in Counselling:
Kingston College, London
Diploma in Transformational Coaching:
Animas Institute, London
Certificate in Group Coaching & Facilitation
Animas Institute, London
Certificate in Existential Coaching under the teaching of Yannick Jacob
Animas Institute, London
Performance Coach Training under the teachings of Leon Taylor, Mike Weeks and Daryll Scott.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Feeling stuck and indecisive
Photos & videos
I work with my clients over 9 sessions; this generally spans 3-4 months of working together.
I charge £1350 in full or £250 monthly over 4 months with an initial £500 deposit.
Coaching seems like such a big investment. How can I justify the cost?
Think about all the things we’ve used to try and feel better: expensive holidays, pricey cars, steep mortgages, spur-of-the-moment shopping sprees, extravagant meals with a few too many cocktails—and the list goes on and on. While they look good and shiny on the surface, they’re all an attempt to feel a certain way—to feel better about who the hell we are and the life we’re living.
Yet people are scared to invest in coaching, likely because coaching is such an incredibly brave and courageous thing to do. It’s saying, “I’ve had enough of this.” It’s proclaiming, “I’m determined to make a change that lasts.” And it’s shouting, “No, I want more from life than this bullsh*t.” Let’s be real: holidays make us feel good, but they only last for two weeks a year. On the other hand, coaching gives us those same good feelings, but for life.
7 reasons I'm probably not the coach for you
I get a lot of emails from people enquiring about what kind of coach I am, and how I intend to help. I love these emails. I want to hug these emails and invite them round to my house so we can drink wine together and put the world to rights. At their core, they give me a chance to lay out the ground work, because while I’m good at what I do, I’m not actually for everyone. And since I always want the best for you, let me slap the facts on the table.
1. Sometimes, I struggle too. (Surprise!) Life is hard sometimes, and since I’m human, I’m not immune to the wily little bastards that come ‘round to rain on my proverbial parade. Some days, I want to crawl back into bed and marathon Netflix documentaries, thoroughly avoiding adulting. Some days I compare myself obsessively to other people. (Spoiler alert: No one wins at this game.) And some days, I spend all my time looking at how we’re wired so we can short the system and reboot.
2. My coaching process does not involve a quick-fix, 10 step plan. I go deep. Our sessions together will be a safe place for you to show up with all your fascinating and messy and complicated humanness. Moving forward means straight-up honesty from me, and I pinky promise that getting underneath the surface excuses and digging into the real stuff is the ticket to helping what’s hurting you.
3. I keep you accountable. If you say you’re going to do something, I’ll absolutely check in to see if you followed through. Trust me—I know it’s easy to say you’ll do something…and then really fucking hard to actually do it. I help you close that gap up tight.
4. My coaching draws from an integrated range of psychologically-grounded coaching frameworks, philosophies and techniques such as Person-Centred Theory, Transactional Analysis, Solution-Focused Coaching, Cognitive Behavioural Coaching and Mindfulness. This means that I don’t use any questionable pop-psychology tools and techniques and will never, ever guarantee you an overnight six-figure income from working 2 hours a days on a beach in Bali. (Remember how I promised I’d never lie to you? I’ll never lie to you.)
5. I’m hopeful, but not delusional. This means I work with reality, and if you’ve got a mortgage and 3 kids, I won’t tell you to quit your job to become a full-time knitter of tiny hats for squirrels. Instead of expecting you to shake it all up, throw out stability and dive into the centre of a volcano to find yourself, we’ll work with what you’ve got and make changes that’ll put you back in charge of your life.
6. I give positive psychology the side-eye. All those quotes on Pinterest telling you to just Think! Your Way! Happy! can go take a hike straight to hell. Ultimately, all those top-of-the-mountain quotes make us feel bad for being who we are and feeling how we feel. Instead of shouting mantras at you, my coaching focuses on why you’re thinking the way you are, what happens as a result, and how we can put work into those patterns to push forward.
7. I don’t edit myself. I swear when I write and I sometimes swear during coaching. Bottom line? I’m the same person online, offline, and in a karaoke bar. (And who doesn’t love karaoke bars?!) You’ll get all of me, all of the time.
Book your free introductory coaching call here:
"My time working with Liz has been nothing short of life changing. Through our relaxed, open and honest sessions, she has helped me find the tools to change toxic thought patterns and behaviours that I have been living with for decades. With her support and encouragement I have gone to those dark places and faced them head on. I feel lighter, more settled and focused than I ever have. I feel confident that I can now move forward, leaving old ‘stuff’ in the past, and am looking to a fulfilling and exciting future. I read a tag line on Liz’s website a while ago that said, “Coaching with me will make you unstoppable” and do you know what? She’s bloody well done it!"
Rachel, Horsham, UK
"Liz has got a gift. Her gift is cutting through the bullshit. She doesn’t come at it with a very prescriptive way of telling you what she thinks you need, without having really listened to where you’re at. Liz is funny, kind, loving and generous spirited. She is tough in a strong and positive way in terms of calling you out on stuff, but not in a ‘coachy’ aggressive way. She’s just so personable and really powerful. I really needed someone who was going to help me move through my own fears and boy oh boy did she do that". (Watch Siobhan’s video testimonial here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZYUsFn8aIE
- Siobhan, Dorset, UK
"I’m a therapist and I know how coaching and therapy works and I was worried you’d be a head-on-side- ‘How does that make you feel?’-er and I would want to punch you. I like you as a person and I loved how real you were with me and how I could be myself without worrying if you were judging me. Since working with you, I feel as though I know my inner landscape better and I feel less alone with my struggles. I’ll often hear your lovely northern voice pop up into my head asking straight to the heart of it questions about what I’m doing and why. I would definitely recommend your coaching. You’re like a Northern, amazon warrior queen and I would follow you into battle. You’re real, and funny and inspiring without being a cliché and I love what you offer to the world."
- Lyndsay, Cambridge, UK
"Working with Liz has been life-changing. I have developed new-found resilience, confidence and at long last, an ability to enjoy life. Liz picked up on deep-seated issues that I didn’t even realise existed and helped me to take ownership of those issues to get back to my true self. She has been a rock and so supportive, while simultaneously being honest and promoting what I can do and how. If you’re wobbling in life and need a practical, helping hand, Liz is absolutely the person you need in your corner. I will miss our sessions, but am ever grateful for the person Liz has enabled me to become and for her awesome, down-to-earth and pragmatic personality which never fails to inspire. Thank you Liz for all you do for your clients and for your kick-ass sessions!"
- Sarah, Worcester, UK
Click here to read more testimonials on my website:
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|