My purpose is to facilitate and support wellbeing in individuals, organisations and society and I fulfil this as a wellbeing, resilience and leadership coach.
I coach in the following areas:
- Resilience and wellbeing
- Digital wellbeing (managing attention, digital habits)
- Confidence and strengths enhancement
- Stress reduction
- Managing burn-out, empathy/compassion-fatigue
- Living with illness (chronic illnesses, cancer)
- Motivation and outcomes (goals)
My approach is evidence-based, informed by neuroscience and positive psychology, leading to better congruence, wellbeing, confidence and decision making. I support clients in better understanding and utilising their strengths and am currently doing a lot of work in the area of stress, burn-out and compassion-fatigue in the health and social care sector.
I also work with leaders, individually and in organisations on communication, engagement, compassion and a coaching approach.
I've been a coach since 2013 and complement that with my work as a consultant in staff and organisational wellbeing, strategic values, purpose and social impact, a coach trainer and non-executive director for NHS Scotland and social enterprise, Potential in Me CIC.
- Member of Association for Coaching UK
- Member of International Positive Psychology Association
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Applied Coaching, University of Derby, January 2016 - Research - Virtual Coaching
- Consciously Digital (Digital Wellbeing) Coaching (Sept 21 – April 22)
- Certified mBIT Coach and mBIT Trainer (neuro-science based, multiple-brain integration techniques) (2105)
- Ashridge Leadership Live (Oct 21 – Sept 22)
- Resilience Practitioner (2021)
- Clean language interviewing, teams and coaching (2014-2019)
- Association for Coaching - Certified Coach (2013)
- Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner (2012)
- Team Management Certified - TM Profile (1992) and Linking Skills accredited (2012)
- BA in Linguistics with Japanese and Political Science Minors, San Diego State University, 1988
- Attended Yokohama National University, Japan Japanese and political science. 1984-1985
Association for Coaching (AC)
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Digital Wellbeing (attention, digital habits)
Living with illness (chronic illness or cancer)
Please note, there is a friendly Labrador Retriever on the premises. Whilst she can go to another room, her 'presence' remains everywhere which means not a good idea for those with allergies to dogs.