Karen Walsh, CPsychol, MSc
07939 557 898
Feeling frustrated, fed up or stressed with work?
Thinking about a career change?
Want to write the best possible job application?
Want to prepare and practice for interviews?
Many of us experience barriers that prevent us being happy with our careers. For some it may be that we've been doing the same job for many years and stuck in a rut. Or that we want a job that fits in better with other parts of our life. Or may be we want to progress more quickly. Or we're nervous at interviews.
The good news is that a career coach has the skills and expertise to assist you in making the best decisions and be confident in the next step of your career. Karen has business coaching expertise, lived experience of changing careers and a tried and tested 'toolbox' of techniques to assist you in advancing your career.
As a qualified career coach and management development trainer Karen has worked with many professionals in helping them navigate successful and rewarding careers. She has supported people in resolving a wide variety of issues. Karen has also experienced first hand the anxiety and uncertainty of a big career change career so knows how daunting it can be. She has also experienced a smoother career change and knows how valuable a coach can be.
Imagine looking forwards to Monday mornings and having a spring in your step on the way to work! Aren't you worth it?
- Karen draws on experience working as a senior manager, experience in developing managers and experience in coaching to support you with your career
- With a MSc in Occupational and Organisational Psychology and a Diploma in Professional Coaching and Mentoring Karen draws on best practice in business psychology and coaching research/theory so you can be assured of high quality coaching
- As a chartered psychologist (British Psychological Society, BPS) Karen has supervision so that you are assured of the highest standards and an ethical approach.
- Support for big transitions such as career change and redundancy
- Help you write great job applications and prepare for interviews and assessment centres
- Assist you in increasing self-awareness through psychometric assessments eg MBTI
- Career planning
Karen began her career in the IT industry where she worked for 9 years. Although it was well paid she wasn't enjoying it and knew she had to change. Unsure about how to change career Karen took a low level job and quickly realised it was the wrong jump. Lots of pondering eventually led to re-training and a big change in career to organisational development, management development and coaching. It took a long time but it was so worth it in the end. Karen transitioned again to operational management for 3 years and then moved back into organisational development.
Business and career coaching is a part of Karen's role as an OD practitioner. At weekends and in the evenings Karen's focus is on supporting others with career issues and career change.
“Karen has innumerable skills and strengths and is an ideal person to help people to look at situations in a new and productive way. She is empathic, kind and has a vast armoury of activities, questions and ideas to help people who find themselves at an impasse in life. A real find!”
“Karen provided lots of helpful exercises and discussions for me to consider, which positioned me better to do well at the interview stage.”
“A friendly and authentic touch to bring out the best in you!”
“Excellent 'all rounder' coaching. Liked Karen's use of questions and tests.”
Training, qualifications & experience
Chartered Psychologist (British Psychological Society)
- MSc Occupational and Organisational Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma Coaching and Mentoring
- MBTI personality profile - deepen understanding into thinking preferences and aspects of the work environment that create stress
- FIRO Elements B - great for deepening awareness in how we interact with others
- 2 day training in ethical mentoring
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
interview preparation and practice
recovery following a professional mistake
support through HR disciplinary, capability
Coaching by the session (60 - 90 minutes):
£65 - Skype or telephone
£85 - face to face, central London
Career Success Coaching Programme
- be confident in your decisions and feel energised about the way forwards
- identify and dissolve self-limiting beliefs
- save significant amounts of time, money and emotional strain that might be wasted with the wrong career decision
- identify options you might never have thought about before
- feel safe with the confidential support of someone who believes in you
- prepare for job applications and interviews
- A total of 6 hours of one to one coaching over 3 months
- Telephone, skype or face to face in south west London
- Evening and weekend coaching available
- Personality profiling (MBTI or Strong interest profile) included
- Email support is included
- 'Homework' in between coaching sessions to keep you moving forwards
The investment for this 4 month programme is £490
Premier Business Coaching programme
Business coaching for leaders, managers and professionals
- a confidential sounding board
- gain personal insights into strengths and blind spots
- a different perspective and challenge to help you make the best decisions
- the format for the programme is agreed at the first, no obligation, complimentary coaching session
The investment for this 3 month programme is £990
Please contact Karen on 07939 557 898 to arrange a complimentary no obligation Strategy Session. This session will also assist you in deciding if this programme is the right one for you.
Please see Karen's website www.aspirecc.co.uk for career success blog, resources and webinars to support you in navigating your career.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Evenings and weekends