Karen Kelsey, NLP Performance Coach (Life & Career)
I believe that we all require some extra help at times during our lives, and a Life / Performance Coach can be an extremely helpful resource to help you focus on specific problems or goals, or help you better manage your life and the challenges you face both personally and / or at work.
Because I am also a psychological therapist, I am able to offer my coaching clients an enriched experience of personal change both emotionally and psychologically. This can be extremely helpful for clients who have experienced emotional trauma in their lives and developed self-limiting beliefs as a result.
I work with many different clients of all ages, backgrounds, culture and gender, who require help either with personal issues or those connected to their job, profession or career. I have a broad base of professional experience and training within a Corporate environment as well as running my own businesses, and I find this really helps in my client work. I have a sophisticated toolbox of techniques and approaches to help my clients reach their potential.
I work with clients who have emotional and psychological problems to enable them to better manage their lives and achieve greater fulfilment and personal confidence, but also those with physical problems such as chronic pain and IBS. Sometimes clients come to me with feelings of being 'frozen' or 'overwhelmed' and unable to move forward with their lives. Sometimes they just need someone to talk to about all their issues, to help them organise their thoughts and goals and learn strategies to cope better under pressure.
Whatever your needs, I will work with you in a holistic manner, working to achieve a balanced mind set which is organised and focused.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
Four reasons why it would be a good idea to approach me for coaching:
1. I receive great feedback after helping my clients make positive changes.
2. I can work psychologically and emotionally as well as practically and I have a background that proves competence in both these areas.
3. I am passionate about helping people find out more about who they are, what their strengths are, and how to be their very best.
4. I am well qualified and have copious amounts of therapies and techniques to call upon to help clients.
Our sessions are totally confidential and my approach is practical, logical, supportive and entirely non-judgemental.
Training, qualifications & experience
- ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring
- Myers Briggs MBTI Psychometrics Practitioner
- NLP Practitioner and expert in NLP therapeutic techniques such as Scrambling
- Clinical Hypnotherapist (Diploma - Central England College of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Diploma in Eating Disorders and OCD
- Trained specialist in EMDR (eye movement de-sensitisation and reprocessing)
- Qualified Teacher of Adults - Cert.Ed. and Assessor
- Certificate in Personal Coaching - The Coaching Academy
- Prince 2 Project Manager
- 25 years senior training and workforce development experience at senior level
- NHS 360 degree appraisal - Accredited feedback facilitator
- Professional and Public Liability Insurance
- ANLP (Association for NLP) Professional NLP and Coach Member
- APHP Member (Association of Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy)
- CNHC Member (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- NRPC (The National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors)
EXTENSIVE COACHING AND MENTORING EXPERIENCE of senior staff and managers within the NHS to develop their personal awareness, resilience and stress management, leadership and management skills.
EXTENSIVE PERSONAL COACHING EXPERIENCE with private clients in a wide range of subjects including life and career/business coaching to enhance personal fulfilment, authenticity, control and happiness, weight loss, well-being and balance.
Areas of coaching I deal with
- Business coaching
- Career coaching
- Health coaching
- Personal development
- Redundancy coaching
- Staff coaching
- Work/life balance
- Youth coaching
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lack of Direction
How to Relax
Preparation for Interview
Preparation for Appraisal
Implementing Performance Management Systems
Staff Motivation Skills
As an MBTI Psychometrics Practitioner, I am able to help you discover your own personality preferences and how to relate to others around you more effectively. Sessions are available on a 1:1 basis for 2 hours, or in groups or teams for half day or full day, depending on needs/outcomes.
I am trained in EMDR and EFT, as well as Clinical Hypnosis, and NLP to enhance my high level coaching skills. This means that I can offer the complete service working consciously and sub-consciously, to move you from point A to point B, helping you to achieve your personal best.
As the client, you will decide how you would like to work in terms of techniques and approaches, so nothing will be used with you that you are not 100% comfortable with.
Coaching and NLP Change Therapy is charged at £60.00 per hour.
The first consultation over the telephone is free of charge and allows you to decide if coaching and my approach is right for you.
What do others think of Kelsey-Coaching?
Please google Kelsey-Coaching and Karen Kelsey, Hitchin and view what past clients have said about our work together.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||No|
|Telephone life coaching:||No|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Wheelchair access to the Practice. Parking directly outside the Practice entrance. Any other requirements, please let me know.
Monday 10 am to 6 pm; Tuesday to Thursday 11 am to 6.30 pm; Friday 2 pm to 5.30 pm; Saturday 11 am to 2pm.