Ms Julie Smith
How coaching can help
Are you a:
- Plateauing Pete? (Feel your career is plateauing? Don’t know what you want to do next?)
- Under-the-radar Raquelle? (Working hard but don’t seem to be noticed when promotions and exciting projects come up?)
- Over-stretched Olivia? (Trying to balance your work and family commitments?)
- Unconfident Colin? (Dread making presentations and speaking up in meetings?)
- Newbie Nadra? (Just got a promotion or new job and feeling overwhelmed about where to focus your energy?)
- Wits-end William? (Team just not gelling which is interfering with the ability to achieve objectives?)
Then fear not, you’re facing the same challenges as many of the professionals I help via coaching.
(If you haven’t spotted yourself in the above scenarios, please check out others on my website).
What to expect from coaching sessions
We’ll work together in a fun, yet challenging way, helping you stretch outside of your comfort zone, without feeling terrified in the process.
Key success factors in my coaching include helping people develop: skills in viewing situations from different people’s perspectives, self-awareness, decision-making, confidence, self-coaching and resilience.
How, when and where coaching will take place
My clients enjoy coaching via phone, video-call and in-person, whichever works best with their schedule and budget.
(Many clients really like phone and video coaching because it's so easy to fit into their schedule).
In-person sessions take place in central London. Some sessions are also possible in South-West London.
Appointments are available between 10:00 and 19:30, Monday to Friday.
Find out more
Get in touch for a free, no-obligation chat. We’ll explore:
- what you want to achieve from coaching,
- the coaching process,
- whether you are ready for coaching and
- whether we feel we are a good fit to work together.
As well as being a qualified executive coach, I’m also an experienced leader with 15+ years in management positions. Ten of which were in senior positions including heading national operations and an interim CEO post.
I understand the complexities, challenges and rewards of work and leadership. I’ve managed predecessors of my roles and colleagues who were previously in equal, or more senior posts to me. I’ve also led teams of employees, freelancers, partner organisations and volunteers, working within the commercial and non-profit sectors.
In addition to coaching, I have designed and facilitated sessions for leadership programmes in London and New York.
Training, qualifications & experience
Institute of Leadership and Management’s (ILM), Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring.
Certified DiSC trainer/facilitator (Everything DiSC™ is a range of personality assessments to increase your understanding of yourself and others).
Memberships and programmes
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- Associate Coach for BetterUp.co
- Founding member of Know You More.com
- Coach and Mentor on Charityworks Programme
- Coach and Mentor on Aspire Foundation programme
Areas of coaching I deal with
Photos & videos
Fees depend on the level of support you want and need, however to give you an example, a popular package is priced at £375. This includes:
- 3 hours of telephone or video call coaching. (These three hours can be 'chunked' into whatever session lengths suit you. E.g. if you want 90 mins to really dig into a challenge, we'll do that, if the following week you only need 30 mins for a final prep for a job interview, that's fine too).
- Email contact between sessions with encouragement, further reading and video tips.
Here is a selection of testimonials from previous clients:
"Julie has a naturally warm and engaging approach, which makes her very easy to talk to. Because of this, I felt able to speak about issues that I would find difficult to discuss with others".
"Julie supports me in finding ways of managing the situations that are “authentic” to me... she does not tell me what to do but guides me in finding ways forward that work, helping me identify what I need to work on".
"Julie is very good at drawing things out of a person so that they can realise they have the ability to work through their challenges. She’s very easy to talk to and open up to and I instantly felt comfortable upon meeting her, which is a really valuable quality that can’t really be learned".
"Being able to vocalise the particular challenges that I am facing in an open and non-emotional way has really helped me to understand where some of the problems that I am facing are coming from and the practical solutions that I may be able to implement".
"I think I got pushed quite hard (in a good way) by Julie – this was very useful and helped me to evaluate the situation and really think about what kind of results I want to get out of the discussions that I need to have at work".
"My transition between jobs has been uncomfortable at times, but these sessions have helped keep me from being swept away by all the change in my life. They were great".
"For me, the real selling point of the coaching programme was being able to take the time to focus on work issues objectively, something that was aided by having Julie’s objective, impartial viewpoint to offer constructive challenge and interrogate work issues from perspectives I probably wouldn’t have considered. The sessions also helped me to prepare for a number of key meetings throughout my transition between jobs, and anticipate what would be expected of me at each stage of the process".
"Following the coaching sessions, I now feel more relaxed about work challenges, even finding ways to use them to my advantage or as a learning experience".
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|