Julia Gutgsell [BSc, MSc, Certificate Professional Coaching Practice]
Hi, I'm Julia, an experienced and certified coach specialising in transition coaching.
As a transition coach, I assist individuals in purposefully navigating personal and professional life changes. My mission is to support people like you through transitional moments in life; helping you break through the status quo to emerge as a new person as you step into new beginnings with confidence, inspired by the opportunities that await you.
- Are you going through a transition?
- Are you feeling stuck?
- Does your life feel out of balance?
- Are you preparing for the next chapter in your life?
- Do you feel uninspired and bored?
- Does the status quo no longer satisfy you?
- Are things up in the air?
- Do you want to remodel your life?
We all go through many transitions in our lives - leaving home to go to school or work, changing jobs, getting married, relocating, having children, retiring etc. Sometimes transitions are planned, other times they happen out of the blue. Regardless of the circumstances, navigating these transitions can be difficult.
We may be confronted with feelings of loss, grief, perhaps even despair or anger. If it's a transition we have been looking forward to, perhaps a wedding, we can feel excited yet still experience 'cold feet' about what life will be like after the transition. Transitions are periods of growth disguised as chaos and uncertainty.
The benefits of transition coaching:
Transitional moments can often feel like a roller coaster! Having a professional coach on your side can help you transform these moments into unique opportunities for growth and personal development. As your coach I can help you:
- Develop a clear roadmap to navigate and manage periods of chaos and uncertainty
- Cope with the disruption and worries about the future
- Explore, brainstorm and discover new sources of inspiration
- Find your feet in a new role (new job, parent, etc) quicker
- Promote resilience and growth
Thanks for exploring my page, let me know what you are facing to find out how I can help!
Training, qualifications & experience
I completed my coaching training (Certificate in Professional Coaching Practice) with Full Circle in Edinburgh, in 2018. I have also undertaken advanced training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with the Centre of Therapy. While Cognitive Behavioural Theory does influence my work, please note that I am not a qualified therapist and do not offer therapy services.
- MSc in Criminology (Free University of Brussels)
- BSc in Criminology (Free University of Brussels)
- Certificate of Professional Coaching Practice (Full Circle Edinburgh)
- Advanced training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Groupwork (Centre of Therapy)
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
I work with a broad range of clients, and I have specific knowledge and experience of working with:
- (Un)healthy relationships
- High-control groups / cults
- Moving abroad and expat life
- Expats and 'third-culture kids'
- Third sector/nonprofit organisations
- Making a multi-passionate life work
- Young adults 18+
Photos & videos
- Free initial consultation call
- Standard coaching session (in person or online) (60 min) £60
- Outdoor coaching session (60 min) £60
- Intensive coaching package (total of 6 hours, typically completed over one session of 4 hours + 2 individual follow up sessions of 60 min each) £250
If you would like to set up a free consultation call, please send me a short e-mail with your availability for a call. You can generally expect a reply from me within the same working day.
Here is what some of my past clients have said about me:
"Julia is a very insightful and encouraging coach. She has listened carefully and considerately to my thoughts about my business and how I'd like to go forward to expand and develop. She has challenged any thoughts that may pop up and helped to drill down to find out what they may mean and the possible barriers they may produce. She is highly professional with a clear understanding of me as her client and allowed me to become much more solution focused and to use my time more wisely. Thank you, Julia." Karl Macrae
"Julia is an amazing coach! Before starting I thought she was going to give me the answer to my problems. Instead, she made me think about my own questions, she taught me to divide big tasks into small ones, to see the positive outcome I would get from those nasty tasks you have to do, to look inside me to find out what I really want. She also gave me some other tools that could help me after the sessions. I went from anxiety and depression to being able to get out and ask for help, do things and be social and self-sufficient. I can't be grateful enough." Alberto
"Julia is working with me to help me achieve my personal life goals. She has the skills and temperament to bring out what you feel you need to improve your life, no matter how scary this might be! Working with Julia, I am able to look forward to the next stage of my life and the potential it has to offer. Thank you Julia for everything so far, I am really enjoying the journey." Emily
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Morning, evening and weekend sessions are available upon request. Please contact me to discuss.