John Hoey. MA FCMI MAC, Life & Management Development Coach
Prior to becoming a professional life & management coach, I was fortunate to have an incredible 30-year career in the Fire & Rescue Service, having achieved the rank of Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Director of Human Resources & Learning & Development with one of the largest Fire Services in the country.
In addition to my coaching business I also work as a lecturer delivering Leadership & Management qualifications.
Located in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, I am a Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC) and hold the ‘Advanced Certificate in Coaching Practice’ qualification. My management and other qualifications are listed below.
My Coaching Expertise
- Relationships: can be tough, demanding and frustrating, some of which demand a disproportionate amount of time and energy at the expense of others. During our sessions you will define who is important to you and why, what you are willing to give and what you need in return.
- Your Health is Your Wealth: Managing your physical and emotional health will have the most significant positive impact on your life. Through coaching I have observed some remarkable transitions in people who have found what relaxes them, have developed strategies for managing stress, changed their diet and re-engaged with appropriate exercise.
- Self Confidence: Often the main barrier that prevents us from achieving what we want is believing in ourselves. During our sessions we will talk and think deeply about how your thought processes are limiting your own potential, we will create strategies for dismantling barriers and achieving positive and meaningful change in your life.
- Work / Life Balance: In my experience the key to work life balance is planning and time management. During our sessions we will explore how to plan your life, how to prioritise your tasks, you will learn how others steal our time and how time is wasted. You may not think you have any control over your work life balance however experience tells me you do.
- Management & Leadership: Drawing upon my unique leadership experience which includes commanding life threatening operational incidents, working at strategic director level and lecturing in management and leadership to companies throughout Scotland I am strongly positioned to coach your professional development at work.
- 1-2-1 Tutoring for Management Qualifications. As a qualified lecturer I provide a unique service of private 1-2-1 tutoring for the Institute of Leadership & Management qualifications accredited by City & Guilds. If you want to gain a management qualification within 4 months and don't have time to attend college then contact me for more details.
- Workplace Relationships: Study after study tells us that our workplace relationships, particularly those with our immediate line manager, are the single most important aspect of our working life. If your workplace is stressful or you are experiencing conflict, then our sessions will help you understand these relationships and create strategies to manage them.
- Job Hunting: Are you in a job that you have had enough of, or perhaps you don’t feel valued, challenged or fulfilled. Job hunting is a skill, it takes time and planning, it’s not about throwing out a few CV’s here and there or talking yourself out of a job before you have even started. Our coaching sessions will take you through a process of defining what it is you really want to do, how to source opportunities, learning how to market yourself, prepare you for interviews, assessment centres and presentations.
Coaching sessions are private and confidential and are mostly run in a small comfortable room within my family home in East Kilbride.
Some of my clients prefer that I come to them and I am happy to run sessions in your home or work or other location, as long as we have some privacy and its comfortable and safe for you.
Call me on 07767 243180 or email today and we can get started by discussing your specific needs and creating your coaching plan.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Analytical Hypnotherapy (Dip Hyp)
- Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC).
- Advanced Certificate in Coaching Practice.
- Masters Degree in Management (MA).
- Advanced Diploma in Human Resources.
- Teaching Qualification for Further Education (TQFE).
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Leadership & Management Coaching
Management & Life Coaching
Individual Sessions: £45 per hour (Blocks of 4 x £160, discounted by £20)
First Session of 90 minutes: £60.
Individual Mock Interviews and practice sessions: £40
A few Testimonials:
"John is a confident and competent mentor. He quickly identifies key areas for self-improvement and has a natural ability to provide a safe nurturing environment that encourages individuals to realise their full potential. John’s enthusiasm and “can do” attitude is infectious. My personal experience of his support and advice has been an invaluable part of my career development" Graham Howe, Senior Safety manager
"I've known John for many years, and he truly is someone who can guide you through the ups & downs of life & business. Highly recommended" Kev O'Neil Founder & CEO 29 Studios.com
"The beauty of coaching with 'UniqueUcoaching' is that John helped me identify and reach potential I never thought I had in every aspect of my work and personal life" Allan Cairns, Depot Manager, Malcolm Logistics.