John Gloster-Smith MAC
01249 813188 / 07860 114340
I am a life coach and group leader who for over 25 years has specialised in helping people manage important life transitions. I have a background in both the business and educational worlds working with people to senior management level. I’ve worked with many people through personal and professional crises to gain new insight and realise fresh potential
I work with people who
- Feel they have reached a stage in life where the old certainties no longer seem to apply and they feel out of their depth, and no longer have the rudder of confidence and clarity to steer them through
- Have gone through a marriage or relationship breakup and aren’t sure where to go next, or are in a new relationship that could go the wrong way
- Have lost their job and are now questioning what it was all about and should be about, or have potential unwelcome change on the horizon
- Have been seriously stressed, anxious and maybe with health issues, and their work-life balance has gone way too far the wrong way
- Think they are at a significant stage or level in life but have lost confidence and feel stuck
- Don’t think they’ve got so much time ahead as they had thought and yet still believe they have something to offer
- Are asking themselves who they really are and what they want from life
- Would like to explore with an expert in personal development what could unlock their real potential to attain personal fulfilment and life satisfaction
I’m a specialist in human potential and change. I understand these issues having been through my own major changes, divorce, re-marriage, career change, moving out of London and later right out of the UK. I have trained extensively in the psychological techniques that enhance awareness and facilitate new insight, both in 1-to-1 coaching and in the group development programmes that I lead.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Master Results Coach, a certified NLP Master Practitioner and a member of the Association for Coaching.
Holding a BA (2:1) and Post-Graduate Certificate in Education from Oxford University, I have first worked in education to a senior level and then in the organisational learning and development field, in facilitating many workshops and in coaching many private clients. Thus I bring to my coaching the following areas:
- Techniques to facilitate awareness and insight, having trained extensively in Gestalt Therapy at Metanoia Institute in London, and in Transpersonal Psychology, hypnotherapy and NLP.
- A mindfulness approach to help achieve greater calmness, clarity, focus, and confidence and make better choices. This expertise comes from Gestalt but also having attended many mindfulness-based teachings and practiced meditation for 27 years.
- Your own personalised web page of resources, downloads, questionnaires, ebooks, handouts, reading material, and practical techniques, put together based on your individual needs
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Personal mission and purpose
I offer a free initial 40-minute consultation by phone to explore what you want from coaching and how I might best help.
This is then followed by a stand-alone, 1.5 hour, payable Strategy Session which helps to identify goals more clearly and see what is the best way forward to realise those goals. This creates a route map for the work you are planning and helps you see more how my particular approach can help you.
You can read more at https://www.johnglostersmith.com/life-coaching/working-with-me/
This customised, targeted approach means that it is more appropriate to put together on an individual basis a package of fees that meets the needs that have been identified.
I am a specialist in helping people getting their lives back and I can coach you by phone or Skype, or face-to-face in a coaching intensive in South-West France.
Feedback from others
“The true value in working with John lies in the connections he brings out between one’s deeper relationships, both with others and (more importantly) with oneself, and practical, ‘real world’ outcomes." (JFHS, solopreneur)
"John is an excellent coach for senior management posts - he helped me develop my skills and self awareness to a point where I successfully competed for a very senior post in my organisation. He is easy to work with and helps to produce excellent results.” (SH, Senior Manager, UK Government Department)
"I knew from the first meeting that we would get on. John is a person who to me, would get on with anyone, he makes you feel relaxed. We started our sessions, very relaxed approach, not pressing, in other words, not being over loaded with questions. As each session went on, my opinion of myself was changing, I was being shown how I was reacting in certain situations, and now I was being shown the tools to deal with these. Overall very pleased with the sessions with John and would recommend John to anyone who was in similar situations". (DF, Business manager, Supply Chain, Manufacturing)
"John worked quickly and professionally with great poise and courage. He supported and challenged me in equal measure and I was through his skill able to make a breakthrough in my own development. John works ethically and pragmatically in a way which is likely to be experienced positively by pretty much any client". (AJ, Executive coach)
“My coaching with John has been a really worthwhile process. I feel very differently now that I have many useful tools to help me keep going and understand that I have choices in any situation and with difficult people. It has made me take time out to challenge unhelpful beliefs and I see myself and my abilities in a much more positive light, working out what I want and how to ask for it.” (PS, Supply Chain Manager, Pharmaceutical Industry)
"Thank you for all your help - the course was wonderful and has made a hugely positive and lasting impression on me. I can't thank you enough." (CJ)
Take advantage of your free session!
Why not take advantage of your free offer? Benefit from my expertise and get some free coaching.
Take action to kick-start a process that can change your life! Email me using the red button at the top of this page.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||No|