Dr Joe Armstrong - Health & Wellbeing Coaching
Hello! That you for visiting my profile page. I am an experienced Personal Coach with a focus on helping people enhance their Mental and Emotional Health & overall sense of Wellbeing. I can offer professional support to individuals who want to:
- Become more self-confident & assertive
- Improve their self-esteem
- Build their resilience to stress
- Overcome public speaking anxiety
- Stop procrastinating & start getting things done
- Achieve a better work/life balance
- Find meaning, purpose and direction in life
My background in the fields of mental health and counselling means that I am uniquely placed to help you work towards your health and wellness goals.
To help you get started, I offer a Free 15-minute Telephone Call to discuss your concerns and goals and clarify how I might be able to help before committing to an initial paid-for coaching session.
Following an initial paid-for coaching session, you have the option of continuing by booking follow-up sessions on an individual basis at a frequency that suits you (e.g. weekly, forthrightly or monthly). All my coaching comes with additional resources for your to read, or activities to undertake to assist you to work towards your desired goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD in Counselling - University of Abertay Dundee
- MSc in Counselling Studies - University of Abertay Dundee
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Dist.) - University of Dundee
- RMN (Registered Mental Health Nurse) - East Surrey School of Nursing & Midwifery
- EMDR - Accredited Training, EMDR Extra
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy - NIK Institute, Bremen, Germany
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - Mindfulness Training Ltd (approved by the British Psychological Society)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Depression and low mood
£75 per session
My Coaching Apporach
My life coaching approach is based on psychological principles and change strategies which underpin Cognitive Behavioural and Mindfulness-Based Therapies, Solution Focused Therapy and on the latest knowledge from the field of neuroscience. The focus is on helping my clients to:
- Create a detailed and hope-inspiring vision of the changes they desire
- Define clear and achievable goals and practical steps toward realising these changes
- Enhance their motivation and commitment to make positive changes
- Uncover and deal with self-defeating behaviours, limiting beliefs, and replacing them with a problem-solving and values-driven approach to life
- Harness their unique strengths, talents and resources in order to move their life forward in a meaningful and satisfying way
- Build resilience to stress and promote their mental health and wellbeing
- Anticipate and plan how to deal with future challenges and maintain positive changes
"Thank you so much for all the help and the skills you have given me to help me overcome my fear of presenting and public speaking". Company Director
"The coaching I received from Joe has revitalised my self-confidence. I am more able to appreciate my positive qualities and am less mired in beating myself up all the time. I can't thank you enough!" Business Owner
"Before my coaching with Joe, I really struggled to deal with stressful situations and when these did occur, my reaction was to hide away. To try combat this, I led a very regimented and structured life to try and avoid any stressful situations. Joe was very patient and helped me work through my issues and work towards more positive goals. After our sessions I was starting to lead a more flexible life and my ability to deal with stress and my self esteem has improved greatly and I'm so thankful for that". Healthcare Professional
I got in touch with Joe because I wanted to improve my life in general. I was overworking and struggling to cope with all my family commitments and my marriage was beginning to suffer. I realised things were unsustainable and something needed to change. My sessions with Joe were invaluable. I became aware that I had a tendency to self-sabotage and that my stress and constant self-criticism were linked to perfectionism and striving to achieve overly ambitious goals. The insights and changes I have made with Joe's help have allowed me to make some major decisions and I am please to say that I feel calmer and more in control of my life! Sales Executive