Dr Joe Armstrong
I am an experienced Life Coach and Psychological Therapist with extensive expertise in the mental health field. I specialise in working with people to improve their Mental Health & Wellbeing. I can offer you professional support & guidance to overcome:
- Excessive Worry
- Panic Attacks
- Low mood
- Lack of Confidence
- Low Self-Esteem
- Work-Related Issues
These kind of issues can take a toll on our mental health and sense of wellbeing. But with the right help and support you can acquire the insights and techniques to overcome your current difficulties and build your resilience to stress.
Good mental health and a positive sense of wellbeing means that we can move beyond our difficulties and begin to cultivate a life that is characterised by an ability to flourish and realise the best of ourselves.This might mean:
- Finding meaning, purpose and direction in life
- Achieving a better work/life balance
- Improving interpersonal communication and developing deep and meaningful relationships
- Overcoming procrastination and increasing productivity by setting and achieving goals
- Overcoming performance anxiety associated with giving work-related presentations, public speaking and stage fright (e.g. for actors, musicians)
My background in mental health and psychological therapy means that I am uniquely placed to help you to work towards a life of balance and mental wellbeing.
To help you get started, I offer a Free 15-minute Telephone Call to discuss your concerns and goals and clarify how I might be able to help before committing to an initial paid-for coaching session.
Following an initial paid-for coaching session, you have the option of continuing by booking follow-up sessions on an individual basis at a frequency that suits you (e.g. weekly, forthrightly or monthly). Alternatively, you may wish to commit to either my 3 month or 6 month package which are discounted by 10% of the cost of an individual session. The 3 month package includes 3 coaching sessions and weekly accountability emails and the 6 month package includes 6 sessions and weekly accountability emails. All my coaching comes with additional resources for your to read, or activities to undertake to assist you to work towards your desired goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD in Counselling - University of Abertay Dundee
- MSc in Counselling Studies - University of Abertay Dundee
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (Dist.) - University of Dundee
- RMN (Registered Mental Health Nurse) - East Surrey School of Nursing & Midwifery
- EMDR - Accredited Training, EMDR Extra
- Certificate in Solution Focused Therapy - NIK Institute, Bremen, Germany
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy - Mindfulness Training Ltd (approved by the British Psychological Society)
Association for Coaching
The Association for Coaching is one of the leading professional bodies for Coaches and Organisations.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership categories, e.g. Associate Member (AMAC), Member (MAC), Accredited Member (AC Accred), with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
The Association has a Code of Ethics & Good Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Anxiety & worry; panic attacks
Single Session - £85 per
3 Month Package - £230 (Payable in 2 instalments)
6 Month Package - £480 (Payable in 3 instalments)
My life coaching approach is based on psychological principles and change strategies which underpin Cognitive Behavioural and Mindfulness-Based Therapies, Solution Focused Therapy and on the latest knowledge from the field of neuroscience. The focus is on helping my clients to:
- Create a detailed and hope-inspiring vision of the changes they desire
- Define clear and achievable goals and practical steps toward realising these changes
- Enhance their motivation and commitment to make positive changes
- Uncover and deal with self-defeating behaviours, limiting beliefs, and replacing them with a problem-solving and values-driven approach to life
- Harness their unique strengths, talents and resources in order to move their life forward in a meaningful and satisfying way
- Build resilience to stress and promote their mental health and wellbeing
- Anticipate and plan how to deal with future challenges and maintain positive changes