I am foremost a Mindset, Leadership & Career Coach, I also have a passion in helping coaches be the best possible coach for their clients.
My personal journey has brought me a deep understanding of how important it is to work with someone who enables you to feel empowered and achieve what you want. I loved it when BT trained me to be a Leadership Coach with the tools to empower others giving them strategies to lead authentically and at whatever level is right for them. Helping individuals evaluate their successes and achieve even more than before, dealing with the balances and challenges that we all inevitably face. Enabling my clients to recognise their values and the value they bring. Sometimes it’s about confidence, professional mums re-entering the workforce or clients remembering why they do what they do and thence re-motivating themselves.
I love helping people grow beyond their own limitations, one group I have a particular leaning to is Dyslexics and their huge untapped potential. This comes from being a dyslexic and a mum of a very bright dyslexic, who I am constantly having to fight school systems to ensure she reaches her potential. This has also led me to have many conversations with parents of dyslexics (who may not be themselves) helping them work out how to help their child. I have also delivered team coaching and bespoke training courses. It is well known that add coaching to training and people retain and gain more from the experience.
I started my coaching journey inside BT first attending and then training to deliver the Corporate Coach U Manager as Coach. Then as a Leadership Coach in what was one of the first ever Corporate Leadership Coaching Programmes back in 2003. The programme was ahead of it’s time and an amazing gift. After I graduated I managed the team of 45 Coaches and guided the direction & strategy for coaching, before leaving to be a Mum. Internally to BT I coached a variety of people from new starters in the Talent Pool to Board Member & those choosing to leave to seek new ventures. After leaving I have coached individuals within Network Rail, WHO, CofE, NHS, FORM and various Entrepreneurial companies & teams as well as many individuals looking at major live changes or job changes, Solicitors, Recruiter, Youth Worker, Mum's returning to work to name a few. More recently I’ve been coaching people to handle the challenges Covid19 has thrown at them be that mental health issues, job changes or tackling a different way or working.
Some areas I can work with you in …
- Coaching Supervision & Mentoring - Helping you be the best coach for your Clients. If you are serious about developing your skill, Supervision & mentor coaching are, without doubt, the fastest and most effective way of becoming an extraordinary coach
- Leaders of today and Leaders of tomorrow
- Coaching for Resilience including Emotional Intelligence & Self Esteem
- Personal Growth Coaching to unleash your gifted & talented self
- Leadership, Executive and Business Coaching
- Team Coaching
- I also help Dyslexics & Parents of Dyslexics to explore talents and uniqueness and Mindsets
- Career Springboard for Teens & Early 20’s or Career Makeover Coaching if you need a change
- Coaching for Interviews - Helping you be confident going for the job you want.
Training, qualifications & experience
I've been a member of the International Coaching Federation since 2005 and accredited as a Professional Certified Coach.
I'm an experienced workshop facilitator, accredited as a trainer to lead Coaching Clinics and Coaching for Leadership workshops.
Experienced in coaching Emotional Intelligence, Psychometric assessments & 360 Feedbacks with clients
- 2021 Currently undertaking Breakthrough Coaching Certification
- 2021 Breakthrough Coaching Advanced Practitioner
- 2021 Professional Certified Coach (ICF)
- 2007 Associated Certified Coach (ICF)
- 2005 Certified Leadership Coach (Co-Creative Alliance)
- 2005 Certified Goal Mapping Facilitator & Coach
- 2003 Coaching Clinic Facilitator (Corporate Coach U)
- 2000 Diploma in Business Administration (Open University)
- 1986 Diploma in Medical Secretarial & Administration (AMSPAR)
Areas of coaching I deal with
- I offer a 40 minute complimentary session by phone for you to discuss your requirements. This will allow you to get a flavour of what coaching is and decide if it's right for you.
- All sessions are bespoke with fees agreed according to your individual needs.
- Fees include any exercises as well as text or email support.
- Number and length of sessions is negotiable, with a recommended starting programme of five 1 hour sessions.
- Sessions are normally undertaken by phone, with face to face postponed due to Covid. Zoom or Teams sessions can also be arranged.
After leaving BT I have worked on building my own coaching practice, enjoying the flexibility of combining that and bringing up my daughter. I was also involved in creating an iPhone App company for a few years in Apple’s early days. ,
During my years at BT I worked in Bids and Tenders, Sales as an Executive Assistant, Ran large scale events and many other roles before becoming a Foresight Consultant, where I used my dyslexia to think through where technology might go and how we would use it. I have a particular heart for Dyslexic Leaders. As a dyslexic myself and bringing up a dyslexic daughter I am acutely aware just how undervalued and misunderstood this group can be.
I am married to an Australian and with our daughter try and visit every 5 years. We all love ski-ing and the Alps, which is what has made my
husband settle here. I have a dog and 3 cats and love walking through the countryside. I make elaborate cakes for friends as a hobby.