Jo Ritchie, personal & business coach for transformational change
Hi, I’m Jo and I help people follow their dreams and achieve their goals in life! I do this through coaching (individuals and organisations), workshops, writing for online self-development sites, public speaking and yoga/martial arts (great additional tools for self-development).
I came to coaching after 17 years in Communications because I love working with people and I believe the two disciplines are closely linked. I am also a Licenced Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), which I incorporate into my coaching style because I find it gets the best results. My yoga and martial arts background enable me to bring additional tools – including awareness of the mind-body connection – and a unique perspective to personal development. I am also a licenced Feel The Fear Trainer for the Susan Jeffers Organisation, which further supports my coaching work. I run 'Feel The Fear' workshops in London every 2-3 months and also online.
After 17 years working in the corporate world and not feeling like I was being true to myself, I redesigned my life a few years ago to follow my bliss or my passion – to focus on personal development and help others reach their full potential. I combine my background in martial arts with my training in yoga teaching, coaching and NLP, in order to support and empower others to find their own power within – making positive changes in their lives.
I know what it feels like to take control and change your life because I have done it myself! Now I enjoy sharing my experience and continuing to help other to do this for themselves. The coaching clients I have worked with have experienced such significant transformation in their lives that it has further reinforced my desire to support people’s self-development in this way. In short, I love my work! (See some testimonials below.)
What is coaching?
The International Coach Federation (ICF), the recognised industry body for professional coaches, defines coaching as: “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential…”
For me, the coaching relationship is all about us working through your thinking process together, with my questions helping you get greater insight. I aim to help you make the best use of your own strengths to achieve things you didn’t know you could and to be as effective as possible – in your work and/or in your personal life. Coaching involves helping you to get from where you are to where you want to be by encouraging you to find the resources within yourself. It is NOT about me thinking for you or providing answers. I believe you have the knowledge already, and the internal resources – we just need to work together to identify them and build a plan.
What is my own coaching style?
I mainly use a non-directive approach (i.e. not telling you what to do), but I will also challenge you to move out of your comfort zone and into growth. My style is influenced by Nancy Kline's work on creating a Thinking Environment to empower you to think for yourself by providing sustained attention. This is based on the premise that the quality of everything we do (including our decision-making) depends on the quality of the thinking we do first and that the quality of our thinking depends on the way we treat each other while we are thinking.
You will set goals based on what you want to work on, identify resources – your strengths and skills, look at options for action towards these goals, set your commitment to taking these goals forward – with me holding you accountable for this, and we will also look at possible barriers and how you might overcome them. My ultimate aim is that we work at a transformational level, rather than just transactional, providing you with insight and changes at a deeper level that impacts all aspects of your life on a long-lasting basis.
All coaching programmes with me include:
- Initial FREE 30-minute consultation call and coaching information sheet - to answer any questions you may have and to ensure we are a good fit to work together.
- Scheduled 75-minute one-to-one coaching sessions - either face-to-face, on the phone or on Skype (usually fortnightly).
- Follow-up email after each session - summarising our discussions and your agreed actions, as well as email support between sessions.
- Between session 'homework' - to help you get the most out of the programme.
- Goal setting and accountability - keeping you on track and motivated.
- Regular optimisation sessions/reviews to ensure the coaching is supporting you in the way you need.
- A wide variety of effective tools - drawn from a variety or sources including coaching, psychology, applied neuroscience, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and my work as a licenced Feel The Fear Trainer for the Susan Jeffers Organisation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified personal and business coach – with Associate Certified Coach (ACC) status and membership of the International Coach Federation, as well as membership of the National Council of Psychotherapists. (I have a Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching from the University of Chester/Barefoot Coaching.)
- Licenced Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) – having completed my training directly with Dr Richard Bandler (The co-founder of NLP).
- Licenced 'Feel The Fear' Trainer – part of a global network of workshop leaders in 31 countries worldwide running events and one-to-one sessions based on Susan Jeffers' acclaimed book that provides tools and concepts to help you deal with fear effectively and move past it to achieve your goals.
- Leader of workshops and author on a range of self-improvement topics – including: fear, confidence, relationships and mindfulness. I also write for a range of online personal development websites.
- Certified Yoga Teacher – registered with the Yoga Alliance, and have been practicing for seven years. I believe that, as well as being beneficial for the body, yoga can be a great tool for personal development and growth.
- Martial arts practitioner with 16 year's experience – including being a 2nd Dan Black Belt and instructor in Wu Shu Kwan (Chinese Kickboxing) and a Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I believe that, in addition to yoga, the martial arts are another way to experience the mind-body connection and to grow as an individual.
Coaching client testimonials:
"I gained a lot from the coaching sessions - both personally and professionally - and I am glad you encouraged me to push my comfort zone: Professionally, I achieved a sense of direction and realised how confident I am in my practice, as well as how much I love doing what I do. As a result of the coaching, the speed of growth changed significantly for my business. Personally, I achieved so much more than I could have imagined possible - including to stop being so strict with myself and holding on to negative feelings. I am also now a lot more tolerant of other people's actions, which crosses over into my professional life too. The most significant insight for me has been that things can and will change once that first step has been made.
Jo, you have helped me beyond what I can put into words and so much more than you can imagine. I am hitting my life goals within months rather than in the years I was hoping for. I still have issues when outside my comfort zone, but now thanks to you, I have the tools to tackle them head on and come out the other side with a high five. I think everybody should have a Jo! Thank you." – Nicky, Sports Therapy Professional (London, UK).
“Jo has a very natural and caring approach in the way she delivers coaching. I found her to be very insightful, professional and a fantastic communicator. She is very thorough in her approach and has helped me immensely. Jo has bundles of energy which is infectious and I would have no hesitation in recommending her services.” – Paul, Recruitment Company Director (London, UK).
"Jo's commitment to her authenticity is inspiring. Jo has coached me during challenging situations and brought awareness to situations in my life that I was blind to - she is masterful if you open up and allow her to work with you! She is someone who I know is fully committed to the growth and success of others." – Jack, Yoga Teacher and Musician (Canada).
"You've been a fantastic support and a great listener. So glad that you're a part of my journey to discovering a new me and in helping me view my situation through a different lens.
It feels really good for someone else to have an insight into my life and to help me interpret situations to a different perception. It's a huge relief to be able to speak to someone without being judged.
I love the unpredictability of life now, whereas before I was a complete control freak! Love letting go of things and myself. Time to relax and go with the flow!" – Noreen, Make-up Artist (London, UK).
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Making changes in your life
Photos & videos
I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have about how coaching could work for you. Drop me a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: http://followyourblissblog.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/followyourblissalways
- Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joritchiecommsandcoaching
- You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYStmecOjODrojRxstkl6Sg
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Contact me to discuss availability