I sum myself up as a down to earth mindset coach. I help people who are smart, capable and hardworking, but feeling frustrated that they are not making the progress they'd like.
I specialise in working with small business owners and those preparing to make the leap into self employment for the first time; applying life coaching principles to how people are (or want to be) within their business. I create an environment of calm and structure, away from the emotional rollercoaster that can get in the way of great thinking.
Some of the common themes that clients explore are:
- Personal confidence - getting beyond fear of failure or what other people might think
- Coping with overwhelm - creating clear priorities and ignoring the 'noise'
- Business development and the icky feeling that comes with sales conversations
- Building better focus and productivity in the way they work
- Setting boundaries for themselves
Many also need a sounding board and some accountability - it's one thing making a plan, but when life gets in the way it can be another thing entirely trying to stick to it!
How I work
I bring a sense of energy, drive and focus when I’m coaching, and I’m all about helping you get the results you want. In order to achieve that, I will offer both challenge and support - be prepared to step outside your comfort zone!
I'll encourage you to explore your values and beliefs, and to make a bold commitment about what you want to aim for that resonates for you emotionally as well as practically. Why? Because progress comes from taking consistent action, and that becomes far easier when your heart and head are aligned. That might sound a bit ‘fluffy’ but in reality it is anything but. It can be emotional and challenging but also fun, energising and exciting.
I help you learn to listen to yourself - to realise that you have the answers inside and that you are capable of so much more than you imagine.
A bit about me...
My passion for working with small business owners stems from understanding first-hand how starting up and running your own business can be both scary and exhilarating in equal measure. I retrained as a coach after a career spent mostly in retail. There's more of my story on my website, but suffice to say it took me way too long to make that decision and the main thing holding me back was me.
I believe in coaching because I have experienced its impact myself, and because time and again I have seen the power of someone taking consistent steps towards their goal and building their self belief in the process. I absolutely love what I do; it’s a real privilege to step alongside someone on their own journey and to see them grow and flourish.
And not that it tells you anything about my coaching, but I love gin, shoes and holidays. So if you do too, then we’d probably get on!
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Certificate in Professional Coaching Practice, having trained with Full Circle Development on their ICF accredited training programme
- I bring over 15 years business experience to my coaching. I've worked in senior operations and leadership roles, including over 5 years in a fast growing entrepreneurial business
- I'm a member of a professional coaches community, and undertake regular professional development days as well as coaching supervision
- I've made the leap myself from being in regular, safe employment to starting my own business. I get how much of an emotional rollercoaster that can be!
- I work within a strong code of ethics, offering integrity and complete confidentiality. I will provide support and challenge, not judgement or criticism
Areas of coaching I deal with
Other areas of coaching I deal with
Business Start Up Coaching
A 1:1 coaching programme with me costs £699 and includes 6 coaching sessions spread over 4-6 months plus additional support by email if needed.
I am accredited to administer the Emotional Intelligence assessment (EQi2.0) and provide feedback - this can be done either within a coaching programme or provided separately on a standalone basis.
Type of session
|Online life coaching:||Yes|
|Telephone life coaching:||Yes|
|Face to face life coaching:||Yes|
Weekdays 9 - 6 Evening and weekend appointments also available